Special Needs Vent Thread | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DSQ= Disability Services QLD

oh yes nurses in SCU you almost killed my child!!!!!!!
    No, her 'funny' breathing was not caused by me being a 'silly young mum' but instead by laryngotrachea malacia which almost took her life 6 days later you bloody git!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ^^^^Above too!!! i was in the hospital and the baby across from me was born to a 17 yr old. cranky midwife grabs bub off mum and says look how your babys mouth is blue. its because you are not burping her properly. and continued to scold her. Due to your useless comments i left it weeks before i took bub to doc with blue face due to blaming myself. Havent you heard of malacia...and if you havent LOOK IT UP

And to gold coast A & E when i was sent there at 10 am by a doc as Kane couldnt use a leg. When you saw he had LT malacia plus when the blood tests came back and you thought he had luekemia you left us sitting there till 10 pm with croup kids surrounding us. And you wondered why i wanted to just leave. He would of been safer at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To my sons doctor who told me that my son should not be going to a ed suport centre at our local school and that the only school for him is a school for disabled and mentaly ill because you said he would not amount to any thing guess what moron he has proved you wrong you should see him now .

And to my hubby who wont get off his butt to help me with your son time you go off ya bum .

Oh and to all the people who stare and coment when im trying to get my son in his car seat why dont you come and try to put him in and then you will have a right to coment .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh great thread!!

To the know it alls: "Disabilities" aren't always physical so don't be so quick to judge.

Just because my son has a label, it doesn't mean he is defined by it. It means he can have small episodes of the horror that you see on wonderfully informative and factual shows like Today Tonight and A Current Affair .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay my vent is about Disabled Parking. I am so sick and tired of inconsiderate a.holes taking the disabled parking spaces. I never realised just how bad it was until we had to start using them.

I'd like to see them pull out a wheelchair frame, then add the wheels, then the arm rests, then the pummel, then struggle to get the child out through a door that can only partially be opened because all the regular parking spots are made for micro cars. AND the child in no way being able to help with the transfer.

Or as I've had to do on a couple of occassions, leave my poor little girl in her wheelchair all on her own while I reversed the car out so I can open the door fully, only to have impatient assholes beep their horn at me for blocking the road.

But worse still.... I get SO freaking angry at people who have a disabled permit and use the parking spot when the person who the permit is for isn't getting in or out of the car. And often isn't even in the car at all, they just take advantage of having the label.

At the moment I have a guy at Leacie's kinder doing this, his label is for his disabled son who is never in the car (he's already at school up the road), there is only 1 disabled park at kinder and he always takes it. He is ABLE BODIED
    I have to get the wheelchair out, the walker, the bench stool, 2 bags and Leacie. I've had a go at him and he (being new australian) and having little understanding of english thinks he can use the label anytime.

But he see's what I have to carry, he know's what it's like to struggle with a disabled child but has no conscience about depriving me of the park.

PEOPLE...READ THE BACK OF YOUR DISABLED PERMIT...IT HAS THE FREAKING RULES...ABIDE BY THEM!!

FFS I wont even park in a disabled spot if I've forgotten to put the label in our other car.

Okay, getting down off my soap box now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to everyone that has to deal with insensitive crap from people who should know better. Especially the doctors and doctor's staff - shame on them, they of all people should know better.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (06-03-2013),~BEXTER~  (03-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Live this thread.

Firstly, to ds father. I'm not asking for a support class because I think he's not smart enough, I'm asking for it because he needs support.

To the ot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Live this thread.

Firstly, to ds father. I'm not asking for a support class because I think he's not smart enough, I'm asking for it because he needs support.

To the ot, thanks for charging me $150 an hour to do the same things I was already doing at home every day.

And to the old lady who told Jake he was rude for not saying hi, then replied with "I'm sure you're wrong" when I told her he can't talk.

F you all. I don't need the crap!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tegan thats absolutly bull **** that jake has to be tested to go into a support class!!! Can they not see that without communication he wont thrive in a mainstream class??? I dont understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I don't get it either but if he doesn't score low enough on the cognitive he has to go mainstream.