Special Needs Vent Thread | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Special Needs Vent Thread

Every day us SN mums have to deal with things that irk us. Whether it's stubborn professionals, ignorant public or annoying family.
    I though I'd start a thread just to let it all out to people that get it
    Please join in. This way we can try and keep the chat thread upbeat :P

Sent from my i (couldn't live without it) Phone

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kiz For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (02-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am so sick of people thinking my daughter is a brat!

She is not a brat she is autistic, she is not just throwing a tantrum because she can, she is having a meltdown because she doesn't understand what is happening to her and you grabbing her by her clothes is not helping!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going to start!!

Bree is getting oxygen for emergency use at home. She has been in hospital almost everyday in the past fortnight for breathing issues and her Paed agreed she needs it. Yay!!

EXCEPT the Paeds Outreach nurse that organises it thru MASS just told me she's against it and in all her years she's never heard of such a stupid thing??!

Who is she to tell me that saving my daughter's life is stupid?!? Grrr

I was actually chasing an oximeter (to monitor her oxygen levels) when she started in at me. I didn't think it was unreasonable to want to know if her levels were too low or if she had recovered enough to turn off the oxygen. But her response was they either need oxygen or they don't!! When she turns blue put it on.

There's no emoticon on my phone to show how damn angry I am right now.

I rang the Paed to get it sorted and he said that when she has an episode put her on the oxygen and drive to hospital. Even tho the point was to stop going to hospital!!

Bree's breathing nowadays looks like she's constantly in distress so picking the exact moment she needs the extra help is extremely difficult and I have to watch her like a hawk the entire time she's awake so as not to miss her turning blue.

I live in a state of constant stress now. I have an apnea monitor in her cot (angelcare sound & movement), but she doesn't stop breathing in her sleep so while it's reassuring it doesn't solve our problem.

So thats my vent. Is it unreasonable for me to want to know if my baby's ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    *big hugs* kiz, I totally agree with you, why can't you have her on a pulse ox?! And be able to give her the relief that she needs?! Seems outrageous to me. How do you administer the oxygen? (nose, mask?) Does she have it on while she's sleeping?

*big hugs* to BEXTER too, how frustrating of people. I know when people get in my DS's face or overstimulate him he gets really cranky and they think he's this cranky baby and I'm like, just get out of his face and he'll be fine!!! GRRR!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    To the paed that told me i imagined my sons seizure and that no body has seizures like i described when my son was 3 months old can shove my sons abnormal eeg up where the sun dont shine

To the many times i hear theres nothing wrong with ds, he seems fine to me

To the people that like to call ds's mode of transport to school a spazz bus i hope it runs you over

UMMMM

To the old guy who said "thank god that kids leaving" when we left a waiting room at the hospital. My son was about 1 at the time and i had just found out he had to go to NICU for the first time so wasnt in the best mood. So what if he amused himself by hitting the toys on a seat. i didnt mean to call you a cranky old *&%^ it just slipped out

thats about all for now lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yeh I forgot why the hell would u tell a panicky mum "you know oxygen is a drug, if you give her too much you can bop her off". The reason I wanted a monitor u insensitive bleep :@

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    oooo much needed thread right now.

**** you GP. I am sick of chasing referals and being told you wont do it@!

And YES, i would go to the Pead, IF we had a friggen appointment already!!!
    To the dead **** nurses at the Pead office: ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Do your bloody job!!!!!!

To RCH, your inter hospital communication sucks right now! Work it out!!!

DSQ: Instead of pointing out the obvious, how about you find a solution! Isnt that your job???

Thanks
    Reviews
    speaking of RCH how about hiring more nurses so you dont have to close wards all the time!!!!

Oh and to the friends who say i let Kane get away with everything because he is my favourite. NOOOO its just i expect more out of a developing on tract 9 yr old (his brother) than i do on an undiaganosed 4 yr old who i dont quite know how much he can comprehend

Thanks
    Reviews
    this is fun

and to the midwife who wen i asked if my son was tongue tied at 2 days old because he couldnt take my breast to feed. and you wouldnt even look at him instead said i am sick of hearing mothers make up excuses for not b/feeding. Well guess what if you had bothered to look he actually had hypotonia in face muscles, a huge tongue tie and a deformed jaw. But thats ok i was just making excuses hey

Thanks
    Reviews
    ps wats a DSQ?