+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't believe how many people have said such horrible things to people... does no one think before they speak?

I also got told when I was trying to conceive that it was obvious that God was telling me I had to be married before I would be able to conceive... well what is god telling me know?! I have twins and am still not married

It is funny how the hurtful things still stick years on though, even though this wasn't about my children I once got told I would be a good "sea swimmer, because I had the extra fat stores to give me energy and to help me float!!"

Although this isn't mean I thought it was a bit rude and made me uncomfortable when a younger lady asked me after exclaiming "WOW TWINS! Did it hurt giving birth to TWO!" I couldn't help but say "Yes because they come out at the same time side by side" and promptly left the store.

And I see other parents get the "double trouble" etc. I hate getting asked by strangers if I went through IVF, I just say "No I had sex twice in one night".

I have also been told my son will be Gay because I dress him in red.... ummmm OK.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    ^^^ lol yeah 'you've got your hands full' is like poking a bear sometimes!!!

I used to hear that often nannying, (so with Jasper + 1) and everything would be under control! Just seeing me pushing the pram (particularly when I was going up hill with my giant pram & toddlers 15kgs each - I'm sure they understood when I just huffed a response!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not a stranger but my family... My grandma said to me a while back "no man will ever love your son he will only want you for sex." She a bit of a man hater lol and my mother called me "used property" because I was a single mother.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh and another one from my sister after I told her I was seeing my gf "thats discusting.. Do u really think thats good for your ds?"

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Where on earth do I begin.......

"Oh, shes so tiny......Are you sure your feeding her?" DD2 3 weeks old.

"Where's her blanket? You shouldn't take her out without the blanket" Random Lady screams out at me across the street.

Upon seeing me give DD2 my keys to play with an old Jewish woman just started uncontrollably shaking her head at me in disapproval and got so flustered she stormed off.

But the one that is burnt into my memory the most was an incident that happened last year. It's got nothing to do with children but I have to share. I was about 8 months pregnant at the time

I went into McDonald'S to use the bathroom. After I knocked on the door and begin to push it open this little old lady rips the door open and shrieks "I WAS TAKING A DUMP. YOU WANT TO COME IN HERE AND WIPE MY ****? DO YOU?"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am seriously shocked by this thread. I can't believe people would say these sorts of things to strangers??? Unbelievable.

I've never had a rude comment from a stranger. Not sure why, it's not like I do everything right that's for sure.. I guess I've just been lucky.

There's only been TWO things said to me about my parenting or about my child that have upset me, both from 2 of the most important people in my life.

My MIL, who I love dearly, did make me feel very upset when I told her I wasn't circumcising Hayden. She wasn't rude as such, but I could tell she thought I was making the wrong decision which upset me, but hey what can you do.

My Best friend was very excited about both of my pregnancies, but when she found out I was pregnant with my 2nd, she told me she hoped it was a girl, because she thinks she would bond better with a little girl. She is Hayden's god mother, so it makes me very sad that she hasn't "bonded" with him the way she thinks she will with a girl. She was so excited when she found out this baby is a girl, which just made me more upset. Poor Hayden. He's like the coolest most perfect baby ever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I must admit I was one of these people who commented on ohh I bet u want a boy/girl. But after having a kid I have changed my tune big time... And I only want boys lol

Sent

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got asked yesterday if Bubs Is my first.. When I told the lady his my 4th she scoffed and replied with 'maybe you should try buying a tv!'

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tasha74 View Post
    I got asked yesterday if Bubs Is my first.. When I told the lady his my 4th she scoffed and replied with 'maybe you should try buying a tv!'
    I have 4 and have been waiting for this kind of line and have several comebacks ready and waiting depending on my mood including

- "if you'd rather watch TV you're doing it wrong"
    - "your tv is obviously stuck on Disney"
    - "oh we love tv it's how we entertain the older ones so we can create the next one"
    - "would you like to know what we watch"
    - "oh my favourite tv show is sex and the city"

now all of these I'd have to be in a cheeky mood for these and would probably pmsl as I walked off. I try a polite chastisement rather than a rude one normally you have your hands full well you should see my heart type thing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamAwesome For This Useful Post:

bluerhapsody  (08-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    How about "we don't have a TV yet, I hear that's what you buy when the s3x gets boring."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

bluerhapsody  (08-06-2011)