+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A few hours after DS was born via c-section the nurse was trying to get me out of bed. I said I didn't feel ready yet and she said "well you can't just lay there like a beached whale all day" :-o

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow some nasty people out there.
    Mine would be "it's probably for the best" after having a mc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    These are awful

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    oh, i do remember going out for my birthday to a pub and some bartender gave me a bday drink and started chatting to me and when i told him id had a baby, he said "well, your past your use-by date" i was like "really? Because my husband LOVES my goodies" Dh then walked up and kissed me on the cheek, tattoos ahoy. Old mate backed of pretty fast- Thanks for my beer though! B@stard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1+1=5 View Post
    people constantly asking me if i'm disappointed in having my boys and asking when we will try for a girl.
    Grrr.....I will have 2 girls....I get the same in reverse....sooooo annoying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 days after DD2 was born the midwife which came my home told me that it was only a matter of time before DD rejected me and refuse to go to the breast as I had low supply and I should just give her the bottle now and get it over with. I managed to Keep her at the breast till 4 months with a supply line but was so scared she would reject me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I get told because we have a boy and a girl I don't bees to have another. I would have loved a third baby

That my MC was god's way of telling us s3x before marriage is wrong.

Before I had DS and was still on bed rest in hospital lots of people told me to enjoy the rest and the break from my DD. I saw her 1 hour a day, if was devastating.

Then there's the general "you've got your hands full"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2monkey View Post
    that I should let DD go to god instead of letting her suffer
    Omg omg omg. WORST.
    Shame on them

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have children yet

But one distinct thing I remember when I was younger I had a part time job at a night club and I was 17...... I had been upset about not being as thin as the other girls but always made sure I looked really nice with hair and make up etc..... And this really old sleazy weirdo guy came in really early one night and said are you pregnant...? Why are you working here if you are? So irresponsible.

I was wearing size 11 jeans and I was NOT fat... But that night I just wanted to bawl my eyes out... Now that I look back I was thin just had hips LOL...... I will never ever forget that because in a way I let him make me feel like that when really I wasn't big at all..?

Still upsets me though.

One other thing would be from my gradma when I was telling her ive been going to gym to lose some belly fat as that seems to be where I store it... And she said umm I think u need to be more worried about your big bum.

Ummmmmmm...... I have a flat bum. I don't even HAVE a bum??!! I was upset because I was like, um it's not big is it and started to question myself.

I don't know why but my grand parents seem to think it's okay to comment on my weight issues... As if I dont already know??!?! & as if once they enlighten me it's just going to magically disappear

Beep beep sending from my iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    Then there's the general "you've got your hands full"
    I've had that one too, and never found it offensive (have probably said it myself to other parents) but admittedly I nearly chewed some poor guy's head off not long ago for muttering those words!! I take no offence to such a statement of the obvious, but all the same it's probably not the wisest thing to say to a mum struggling down the street with 2 screaming toddlers, one stroller and a weeks' worth of shopping. How about offering a hand instead?!