+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicky Pea View Post
    I am just floored at how rude these people are.... who the hell do they think they are!?

Mine totally pales in comparison to all of these, but a few weeks ago my Facebook status was about how DD was unsettled and getting a bit sick. I then get a message in my inbox from a friend of mine. It turns out it was his girlfriend posting as him... keep in mind I've NEVER met this woman before in my life, and I used to work with him as a teenager, so it's not like I'm best buddies with him either.

Anyway, this message basically said 'I hope you don't mind me asking, but did your DD just get immunised?'.

I knew where this was going as I had noticed him in the past (or her using his Facebook profile) post links to anti immunisation info, the dangers of modern medicine, the deception of the pharmaceutical world etc.

So I politely replied 'thanks but no, it's been months since her last shots. She is unsettled because she is going through a phase of refusing food, fighting sleep and she's getting a bit sick because she's tired... but thankyou! (ie. stop this conversation RIGHT now).

So THEN... I get this MASSIVE message about how formula is toxic, immunising is toxic, water is toxic and the message just got more and more offensive including this quote....

"...but it's truly scary that they could be mixing so many toxins with the vacs which are not even tested to see the synergistic and accumulative effects and putting them in our undeveloped immune systems of our children, damaging our babies health for life, Autism, knowing that SIDS is just a term to represent death by vacs, same with shaken baby syndrome (swelling of brain etc from the vacs) and all these innocent families lives are destroyed forever."

Ummm... sorry. Did she just say that the medical world KNOW that SIDS is due to vaccinations? On behalf of families who have gone through the pain of losing a child to SIDS, I was LIVID!

BTW, I'm not starting up a pro vs. anti vax debate.... I appreciate people are passionate about this topic, but to post this to someone she has never met, who has a child who is vaccinated, was just offensive to me.

And the punchline to this whole thing... SHE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE KIDS!! What is she going to do if one day they have kids and she can't BF for whatever reason, and she needs to us formula. What is she going to do?

Sorry for the long post, but I just felt it was really rude to send this to someone she doesn't know, and to not even have kids of her own, I felt she was very judgemental on something she hasn't experienced yet...
    God help her if she has kids and her body wont let her bf... Her kid will starve! No water, formula.. Geez!

Sent from my iphone, excuse my mistakes, i have big thumbs.
    Me 26 + DH 25 baby eric 13/08/2010

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
    I recently told my friend when she had her baby "you are just so clever" but i meant it more in the sense that she produced such a beautiful baby and didnt want to say the same sh!t everyone else was. Now i feel bad.

I havent even had anything to close to this kind of stuff, apart from one incident in coles where a lady bailed me up about DD black eye. I've written about it before on here.

massive to all xxxxxx
    Ohhhh, don't feel bad!!! having a baby is clever, most definately. Having a baby of a particular sex or a 'pidgeon pair' it's that kinda stuff I am talking about. ALL babies are awesome regardless of what sex they are and any mum that carries and grows a baby is clever for doing that.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sheer Bliss For This Useful Post:

MrsTwith3  (30-05-2011),PuppyGuts  (31-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    OMG everyones stories it's so sad there are people like this out there.
    I've had a few but the one that comes to mind was when DD was being naughty out shopping and I was trying to get her to listen to behave an old lady came up and was being nice at first but then yelled at my DD and then grabbed my DD by her wrist and went to smack her. I was like I gently removed her hand from my DD and said "NO! DO NOT touch my child" and walked off.
    There's plenty more people are just so stupid and rude sometimes.
    Omg!!!!! Omg if someone did that to my son.... Well yeah... Your response was probably ideal. Lol. (I'm having slightly violent thoughts... Nobody grabs and threatens to smack my baby >:-/ )

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    that I should let DD go to god instead of letting her suffer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    wow some of these are terrible, mind actually isn't that bad but the day after i had dd the nurse came into my room to do her hearing test. She put the muffs over her ears and she started screaming, after a few unsuccessful tries to calm her the nurse told me to feed her an she'd come back later. We she came back, dd was fed an nice an calm but once again cried when the muffs went on. The nurse said very rudely well she is starving did you feed her i told her i had, she asked when she was born, i told her last night. She said in an exasperated tone, well there you go your milk hasn't even come in yet no wonder she's unsettled, go an ask a midwife to make her a formular bottle... Ah no im completly breastfeeding thanks. She replied with well there's nothing i can do then you'll have to come back in 2 weeks to have it done. What a cow i was more then happy to come back an the lady who did it was lovely an my beautiful breast fed baby didn't make a noise!

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2monkey View Post
    Far out, that is disgusting!! What an awful person to say such a thing

I've had so many rude things said to me it's hard to pick just one. One sticks with me, others may not think of it as rude but my local 7/11 servo guy said to me 'Don't worry, you are still young, you will find someone else'. this was about 3 hours after I found out my boyfriend died.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2monkey View Post
    What sort of pathetic excuse for a human would even think that let alone say it?!! Hope you told them where to go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've had it all like most mums I think. I've had the young mum comments like my life is over now and how I wasted my potential. In my first pregnancy I got "do you know who the father is?" I also had my boss recommend I give my baby away and said she had friends who were desperate for a baby. I've had the working mum comments like "why have a baby if you aren't going to raise it?" and being a working mum is the easy way out. I have had childless friends comment on my wanting to stay home now about how lazy it is and easy! Wow this thread just reminded me what huge jerks some people are

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    When i was 7mths pregnant with DS1 (i was 21). I was at the pub with mum on new years eve. A guy said to me "Dont you wish you weren't pregnant so you could drink" to which i replied "Not really, I don't drink", his reply "How did you get pregnant then?'
    I'm sorry but I burst out laughing at that one!

It's funny how when you are removed from these sorts of comments you can just shake your head and cackle to yourself over the ignorance of the people in question. Yet when they are directed at you they really get under your skin...despite coming from perfect strangers...

Let's see...

"Was it planned?" x1000

"Oh, you've got kids, so you're married then?" (That one I don't find "rude" as such, just ridiculous. YES, of course, one cannot possibly conceive without a marital contract in place.)

"The sun's in your baby's eyes!"

"Your baby's talking to you, why aren't you listening to him?"

"Is he going to read that?" -From a very annoyed bus driver when my 2 year old took a Sydney Buses brochure from the rack at the front as we were boarding. Yes, of course, what do you think? I am raising Einstein here

(Of course, all I could come out with at the time was "Probably not, but I will". I soo admire those who have the gift of quick witty response time!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is nearly 7 months now but at the time she was about 1.5 months and
    It was one of our first trips out together. We were out at a shopping centre and I was sitting down having lunch and was drinking a can of coke when a lady on the table next to me popped her head over and said 'excuse me are you breastfeeding?' I said yes and to that she replied 'well you shouldn't be drinking that then, caffeine is very bad while breastfeeding - you should really throw that away and drink something else!' I told her I hadn't had a drink of Coke in ages and almost felt like I had to justify myself to her! I felt so ****house...