+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So many bad thing have been said! Mostly about ds's hair being red...

One bad comment to me just about me was is your hair real? It was the way she said it... And i was wearing a wig ( my natural colour too) at the time made me feel horrible!

Sent from my iphone, excuse my mistakes, i have big thumbs.
    Me 26 + DH 25 baby eric 13/08/2010

Chicky Pea is offline aka 31andReady!!! (I'm not 31 anymore...ha ha!)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am just floored at how rude these people are.... who the hell do they think they are!?

Mine totally pales in comparison to all of these, but a few weeks ago my Facebook status was about how DD was unsettled and getting a bit sick. I then get a message in my inbox from a friend of mine. It turns out it was his girlfriend posting as him... keep in mind I've NEVER met this woman before in my life, and I used to work with him as a teenager, so it's not like I'm best buddies with him either.

Anyway, this message basically said 'I hope you don't mind me asking, but did your DD just get immunised?'.

I knew where this was going as I had noticed him in the past (or her using his Facebook profile) post links to anti immunisation info, the dangers of modern medicine, the deception of the pharmaceutical world etc.

So I politely replied 'thanks but no, it's been months since her last shots. She is unsettled because she is going through a phase of refusing food, fighting sleep and she's getting a bit sick because she's tired... but thankyou! (ie. stop this conversation RIGHT now).

So THEN... I get this MASSIVE message about how formula is toxic, immunising is toxic, water is toxic and the message just got more and more offensive including this quote....

"...but it's truly scary that they could be mixing so many toxins with the vacs which are not even tested to see the synergistic and accumulative effects and putting them in our undeveloped immune systems of our children, damaging our babies health for life, Autism, knowing that SIDS is just a term to represent death by vacs, same with shaken baby syndrome (swelling of brain etc from the vacs) and all these innocent families lives are destroyed forever."

Ummm... sorry. Did she just say that the medical world KNOW that SIDS is due to vaccinations? On behalf of families who have gone through the pain of losing a child to SIDS, I was LIVID!

BTW, I'm not starting up a pro vs. anti vax debate.... I appreciate people are passionate about this topic, but to post this to someone she has never met, who has a child who is vaccinated, was just offensive to me.

And the punchline to this whole thing... SHE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE KIDS!! What is she going to do if one day they have kids and she can't BF for whatever reason, and she needs to us formula. What is she going to do?

Sorry for the long post, but I just felt it was really rude to send this to someone she doesn't know, and to not even have kids of her own, I felt she was very judgemental on something she hasn't experienced yet...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't believe some of the comments you poor mothers have gotten, and many from people that are mothers themselves so know how hard it can be.

I've been pretty lucky so far *touch wood* the only thing that has been said to me was from a nurse in Special Care Nursery when DD was 4 days old and hooked up to a drip, DH & I were holding her and she told us to put her down because we would spoil her. Seriously lady, my baby is sick and wants her mum!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EliG For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (30-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OMG everyones stories it's so sad there are people like this out there.
    I've had a few but the one that comes to mind was when DD was being naughty out shopping and I was trying to get her to listen to behave an old lady came up and was being nice at first but then yelled at my DD and then grabbed my DD by her wrist and went to smack her. I was like I gently removed her hand from my DD and said "NO! DO NOT touch my child" and walked off.
    There's plenty more people are just so stupid and rude sometimes.
    Last edited by Jensha; 30-05-2011 at 21:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There are some true horrors on here - such incredible rudeness!

I've been pretty lucky so far with our DS, but my Mum was walking with my little brother years ago and was stopped in a shopping centre by a complete stranger (a man) who asked "is your husband Chinese?" My brother has almond shaped eyes but isn't Asian at all. To this day we still can't believe someone could be so nosey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BRBgoneinsane View Post
    I also had FOBs aunt tell me at beginning of year that DS didnt look anything like FOB and was I sure that DS was his son? I almost punched the b*tch!!
    My mil has said this too .. One minute it's 'oh wow they look like dp' then she has a meltdown and says they look like a friend whom everyone thinks I am/have slept with.. Annoys me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The young one.

Taking DS somewhere when he was 10months old, lady said oh that's lovely your helping out your mummy with your kittle brother.

MIL making me go into another room (out of sight) to feed as her boyfriend will know what im doing.

The general wanting to know my relationship status, education level

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The worst thing I have been told was when dd was not even 24hrs old and the nurses where helping me feed at 3am and she just wasn't latching on and a nurse told me that because my baby was a cesar she wasn't born when she was ready so that is why I am having so much trouble!!! Just what I wanted to hear when I was sleep deprived and hormonal.... no wonder I felt guilty about having a cesar its horrible how bad other mothers can be so mean to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    people constantly asking me if i'm disappointed in having my boys and asking when we will try for a girl.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hunnybunny View Post
    One of my worst would have to be my MIL telling me how much weight I'd put on when I was home for the weekend from a mother baby unit with PND!

I have also had a few people tell me how unlucky I was that my twins were both boys and I didnt have a girl!
    Ive had MIL do the same! ironically shes a size 26-28 and 150kg (5foot tall)