+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was babysitting my brothers 2 kids and also had my baby with me (2, 1 and 6 months) and went for a walk around the local shops. Had an older couple come up to me and tell me to 'Stop popping out fr*cken kids and get a real job'. The same day I had one lady comment when I walked past "There goes out tax dollars walking by".
    I also had FOBs aunt tell me at beginning of year that DS didnt look anything like FOB and was I sure that DS was his son? I almost punched the b*tch!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRBgoneinsane View Post
    I was babysitting my brothers 2 kids and also had my baby with me (2, 1 and 6 months) and went for a walk around the local shops. Had an older couple come up to me and tell me to 'Stop popping out fr*cken kids and get a real job'.

The same day I had one lady comment when I walked past "There goes out tax dollars walking by".

I also had FOBs aunt tell me at beginning of year that DS didnt look anything like FOB and was I sure that DS was his son? I almost punched the b*tch!!
    I'm appalled at all of this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clarify your Living Situation

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had a few worse one was my daughter has a strawberry birthmark in her arm it's a small circle. Anyway we were at the shops and a young sales assistant said OMG did u burn her with a cigarette.... Grrr . I'm always getting people staring at her birthmark and they always say oh is that gonna go away also another thing was my second child I labored with for 24 hrs, did pushing for ages then after they found he was stuck so I had a emergency Cesar which is no fun, bad reaction to the epidural and of course painful recovery, my partner at the times sister came in and when heard the birth story she goes oh so you took the easy way out( in other words Cesar) I swear I nearly punched her! My ex mil had alot of doozys she was a cow! One that sticks in my mind was when my aunt died I spoke a little about life after death and my hope for that and she just said harshly no she's dirt now. oh and one thing she did once that was shocking was my first baby I was struggling with breast feeding , she walked into my room said in a annoyed voice I'll help you came over grabbed my boob and started squeezing it and shoving it in my sons mouth I was mortified.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow so many idiots out there!!! Can't believe some of the horrible things that have been said to you ladies

The only one I can thing of at the moment from a stranger (had lots, but from people I know) was when DD was 3 or 4 months old. I was so scared to take her out without mum or DD and i finally got my act together and went for lunch with a friend. I was terrified to feed in public, even in a parenting room so I took a bottle of EBM with me. I had made it through lunch without bub screaming so decided to look around the shops with my friend. When DD got hungry I sat down on 1 of the lounges in the corridor of the centre and started giving her her bottle and some rude woman walking past stopped and said something along the lines of 'if you arent prepared to breastfeed dont bother having children you obviously dont care about her much to give her that! ' I was sooo shocked & ****ed off as DD IS BF, how dare she just assume?

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am not Esther View Post
    Clarify your Living Situation
    I dont get it, what were they asking?
    Who you lived with?
    I know that I got asked a similar question, as to which mum was my 'real' one

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was at a gym class late into my pregnancy with DD and a lady felt the need to come up to me and tell me I was cooking my baby. Stupid woman - I wanted to find her after DD was born and show her that she was cooked just perfectly.

Also when I was pregnant I had one of the ladies at work look at me from behind and tell me she could tell I was starting to fill out. One of the other ladies in the staff room almost choked on her lunch lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of my worst would have to be my MIL telling me how much weight I'd put on when I was home for the weekend from a mother baby unit with PND!

I have also had a few people tell me how unlucky I was that my twins were both boys and I didnt have a girl!

DaughteroftheForest is offline Sometimes you have to forget what you want in order to remember what you deserve
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, there are some really nasty people out there!

I got told by a store assistant once when DS was little that it was ok to BF him at the back of the store, but at the front I had to cover up. I was with another girl who was BFing as well, We both just stared at her and switched the babies over to the other boob.

MIL's told me a few whoppers, but she isn't technically a stranger (although she's as strange as they come!) My favourite would have to be "I'll take you out to lunch. We walk the long way around as you could do with the exercise." I was 8 months pregnant and it was a 36 degree day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    That my child would be gay because he wanted his nails painted(fingers and toes) and was wearing his butterfly wings out.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Bubhub
    If my son did this then i would put my wings on! And say yeah so what! Haha

Sent from my iphone, excuse my mistakes, i have big thumbs.
    Me 26 + DH 25 baby eric 13/08/2010