+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    when pregnant with Dd2 a lady behind us in the checkout line muttered under her breathe 'you should have kept your legs shut'

Otherwise there's a lot of gee you're young apparently I look 19yo DS is almost 7 and looks a bit older need I say more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i had a lady tell say to me when i was shopping with my 2 girls "that they were obviously not from the same father" which they aren't but seriously none of your business lady and only recently while with dp and dd2 shopping we were waiting in line and got talking to some random dude who asked when i was due and then proceeded to say to dp you will have to plant your seeds elsewhere if this ones not a boy!!!

Sent from my GT540 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=
    Only thing I can think of is when I was walking dd in her pram covered over with a muslin cloth and dd was screaming - sooo overtired and almost asleep, and this silly bat walks past me and I hear her say 'no wonder the bl0ody things screaming, I wouldnt like to be covered like that either' - UUMMM LOOK YOU STUPID B1TCH its the only way she will sleep in the pram and I havent slept in days so you are lucky I dont claw your freaking face off (all said in my head of course), but I was so sleep deprived I just felt like cr@p after that comment.

[/QUOTE]
    This happened to me when DS was a bub, only the lady removed the muslin wrap and told me "Your baby is crying", I was NOT impressed! I actually nudged her out of my way and told her to mind her own business, how dare she do that

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MummyNanny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    That my child would be gay because he wanted his nails painted(fingers and toes) and was wearing his butterfly wings out.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheer Bliss View Post
    When seeing me pushing our pram with newborn twins, 2yo DS1 and 4yo DD next to us (this was 2years ago) 'Oh wow, Double trouble (that is just soooo original), I don't know if you are lucky or unlucky!?!' How Rude!!!

It's also a bit rude (esp when said at a multiple birth club function infront of mums with g/g and b/b twins) how 'clever' I was for having b/g twins. Seriously - like I had any choice in the matter, and i'd love them just as much regardless of their sex!!
    I recently told my friend when she had her baby "you are just so clever" but i meant it more in the sense that she produced such a beautiful baby and didnt want to say the same sh!t everyone else was. Now i feel bad.

I havent even had anything to close to this kind of stuff, apart from one incident in coles where a lady bailed me up about DD black eye. I've written about it before on here.

massive to all xxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I have had a lot of awful comments, I think I must look young and like the type of person who is easy to target.

*my DS1 had a hydrocele (sac of fluid on his scrotum) that was quite large. One woman in a baby change room saw it and said 'Whoa! Look at how big his b@lls are! Take after his father?' I swear, I almost slapped her.

*my DS2 couldn't breastfeed, he was born with an oversized tongue and he didn't know how to suck. I tried my hardest but even my LC told me he needed to be fed By bottle (which didnt even work, he ended up losing weight) and I got told by a family member that I just don't care enough to try!

* my DS1 is quite tall and skinny for his age, but is still on the charts at about the 25th percentile and DH and I aren't big ourselves so he is just a naturally skinny kid. We were atthe shops the other day and he was asking me for doughnuts and chucking a tantrum because I said no. Well, a lady sitting near us took it upon herself to tell me that I obviously don't feed him enough because he is skin and bone - never mind the fact that I said no because he was refusing to eat his darn lunch, not because I didn't want to feed him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by staceylee View Post
    The worst for me would have to have been when I went into the supermarket and a lady came up to me and said 'Oh she is gorgeous, whats her name?' I said 'Harper' and then she started yelling at me syaing I was a horrible mother, how could I give her such a horrible name and asking me if I know what I have done to my child! Then she said 'does she have a middle name?' I said 'yes' and she said 'good, well what is it?' I told her that there was no reason for me to tell her that and then her husband finally draged her away from me!

I also took DD to the dr when she was about 5weeks old because she was bleeding from her bottom (protien intolerance) and I was so worried about it and all the dr wanted to do was have a go at me for putting DD on the bottle and took every chance she could have a dig at me for it. I left in tears and will not see that dr again.
    Oh, the name Harper is so pretty (My DD is Audrey, haha)....

Wow, you guys have all run into some monumental b_ttheads. I am just in shock .

The worst thing anyone has said to me about my parenting/and my child was "Wow, your daughter is so pretty, her Dad must be really good looking". She takes after me, thankyou very much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    That my child would be gay because he wanted his nails painted(fingers and toes) and was wearing his butterfly wings out.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Bubhub
    I get this ALL THE TIME!!! From my DP, to strangers. I cut sick at ANYONE who says sh!t like this and mean it in a bad / negative way. Got alot of comments when my DS took his pram and dolly out for a stroll at the shops. They get their heads bitten off if they dare say stuff about my children though.

Alot of the things people say to me dont bother me. Or if they do, I snap something nasty back at them. However most of the times I get positive comments from people saying how polite and gorgeous my two are. One older lady the other day said how 'brave' I was and how 'proud' she was of me to not give in to my DS tantrum. We were catching a bus home when we saw her and DS was in a grump so I explained he wanted to keep playing but we had to go home. On the bus home he fell asleep giving me cuddles. And she came sat with me and chatted I LOVE getting positive feedback. I dont get it from my family so its great when I hear it from DP and randoms.

Nasty comments would probably be something like "why would you have them so close together" "Oh woe is you for having two boys" Then the pity looks I get when they ask if Im having anymore and I say "Well Im not with their dad any more but............." they seem to feel pity haha.
    But like I said, I dont take much to heart.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleigh For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (16-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got nothing on you all!!

When I found out I was pregnant I called my friend to share my good news!! To which I got... Aw Do I say congratulations... Or are you going to keep it..? Ahhhhhhh sure I was 19 but me and my husband very much planned our daughter.

When dd was about 5-6 months old we were at a friends BBQ and dh boss looked at dd and said "ahhh scary that thing looks like something out of a mad max movie".... Now I have no idea what that ment apparently dh spoke to him about it as I was so horribly upset and it was in reference to her mohawk style hair that she was born with. Still I cried as I thought oh gosh my baby is ugly.

This is RUDE in my opinion, FIL calls our daughter "Blair B!tch" which is obviously hilarious because it rhymes with a movie... Yer right!
    I have decided next time I see him and he says it I am going to have a talking to him, stupid man, especially as our beautiful Blair who is certainly not a B!tch has become a bit of a parrot!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairysmum View Post
    When I found out I was pregnant I called my friend to share my good news!! To which I got... Aw Do I say congratulations... Or are you going to keep it..?
    I got this response to, but it was worded "Do I say Congratulations, or Commiserations?"

Another thing was when the first time I went to mothers group, the woman looked at my DS when I took him out of the pram and exclaimed "WOW will you just LOOK at those EARS!!!!!!!!"

Nice.