+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't remember anything being said to me but when hubby goes out with his mates drinking he loves bragging about being a dad, so if he sees someone he hasn't seen In a while/they dont know he brings it up, and always gets 'are you still with the mum' he always tells me n it ****es me off, just because were young doesn't mean we can't have a successful relationship! Im waiting for someone to ask him again now so he can say well I married her and have another on the Way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a few...

When the lady at our local servo found out I was pregnant with my second she said to my sister 'dont they own a TV'

A lady saw my DDs hearing aids and said oh that poor child growing up like that

Another stranger asked what caused both of my kids hearing loss and I told them it was genetic. She said oh so its your fault your kids are deaf then

My step dad told me I was stupid for having another baby so soon after DD as her hearing impairment required all my attention and I shouldnt be taking that away from her for another baby.. To bad her hearing loss will be there forever and what about my DS he has to share his attention with DD

Lots of other comments for having 2 kids under 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg!! Some of these stories are horrid!
    I have one now I think about it DD was bout 4 months old and we had been in town for a while with a few other mums and one of the mums seen a girl she knew thatched just had a baby do we were all cooing over him. Anyways it must of been the mother of this lady and she looked at my pram, (which was covered with a blanket and an almost sleeping baby) and she said " oh people only put covers over their prams if their baby is ugly not like my grandson he is just beautiful, " umm f*** you ! Haha I just said well actully my daughter is just gorgeous actually and lifted it up to see my DD give a big smile behind her dummy,

Serious but who says that haha I just walked away shaking my head and the poor other mum who knew the girl was the same

Sent from my iPhoneyoneyoney

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When seeing me pushing our pram with newborn twins, 2yo DS1 and 4yo DD next to us (this was 2years ago) 'Oh wow, Double trouble (that is just soooo original), I don't know if you are lucky or unlucky!?!' How Rude!!!

It's also a bit rude (esp when said at a multiple birth club function infront of mums with g/g and b/b twins) how 'clever' I was for having b/g twins. Seriously - like I had any choice in the matter, and i'd love them just as much regardless of their sex!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got the old formula feeding in the parents room story but this is NOT a FF/BF debate!!!

I was sitting on the couch, not the cubicle of course, feeding DS1 (who had a terminal heart condition) a bottle and a woman walked in with her friend and shot me a filthy look. Both cubicles were free but she decided to lecture me about how the parents room was for breastfeeders and did I know that formula would kill my baby? I was going through a really bad time as DS had only been home from hospital a few days so I snapped. I turned DS around to show her the feeding tube coming from his nose and lifted his shirt to show his chest scar then said "Gee, lucky his heart's going to kill him first or I'd be in trouble huh?" then told her in no uncertain terms to mind her own f***ing business in future.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TeenyT For This Useful Post:

bluerhapsody  (08-06-2011),hopefulmama2b  (21-08-2012),LivinOnAPrayer  (21-07-2011),Sakorsha  (20-08-2012),Tatiana28  (30-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    regarding your children/parenting?

Mine would have to be a woman in a parents room who saw my sons mongolian birthmark and said 'I find it disgusting anyone would smack such a young baby and it would take more than a hand to leave bruises like that'.

What's yours?
    This plus all of the others the other posters have said....OMG!!! wow

I had a security guard in a shopping centre asked me to 'move on' when i was breast feeding on one of those seats in the middle of the walk ways/shopping centre. I didnt move.

I have had a few comments from older generations- (like the ones other people have mentioned- covering up when feeding etc). They dont really worry me though because this is how they were raised and they dont know any better.

I did have a lady give me a serve the other day for parking to far forward in a car park which meant if a person on the opposite side also parked to far forward the goffers and walkers wouldn't fit through....fair call, but my car doesnt fit and that was the only parking available, put a complaint into the shire! ( I was swearing in my head a few days previous because 2 large cars had both parked heaps far forward and I couldnt get the pram through... :/)

I guess I get a few comments but I dont really take offense, and just sort of let them fly over my head.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The worst for me would have to have been when I went into the supermarket and a lady came up to me and said 'Oh she is gorgeous, whats her name?' I said 'Harper' and then she started yelling at me syaing I was a horrible mother, how could I give her such a horrible name and asking me if I know what I have done to my child! Then she said 'does she have a middle name?' I said 'yes' and she said 'good, well what is it?' I told her that there was no reason for me to tell her that and then her husband finally draged her away from me!

I also took DD to the dr when she was about 5weeks old because she was bleeding from her bottom (protien intolerance) and I was so worried about it and all the dr wanted to do was have a go at me for putting DD on the bottle and took every chance she could have a dig at me for it. I left in tears and will not see that dr again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got into a random conversation at a BBQ once with a guy in his 30s, ended up on the topic of kids and I said that my last bub was over 10 pound, and yes I'd had him naturally. He remarked ' you must have been split in two! How many thousand stitches did you need? And your poor husband!'
    I was gobsmacked as I hardly knew this guy, all I could do was ask why my poor husband? He replied 'well you mustn't have been able to have sex for months if not years'.
    Hmmmmm well I had no stitches, I'm still in one piece and we had sex four weeks after his birth.
    How rude to comment on a woman's issues 'down there' after childbirth! Let alone her sex life.
    Loser.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My twins were 4mths old and we were at sleep school where another parent asked me what drugs I took and how did I get them, how often I took them etc to get so thin .. She then went on to say how unhealthy I looked and the drugs were really ruining my skin and hair :|
    Umm maybe I look like crap because I have 2 newborns who refuse to sleep, struggle to eat, 1 screams constantly due to reflux and constipation and a whole world of personal issues !!!

Typical 'oh you must put out, I like you' comments from stupid immature boys.

And the typical judgemental crap from drs and strangers because I'm young.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, I am so sorry to everyone who has had to hear such terrible things.

I've never had anything particularly bad, on NYE I was walking home with DD at about 3am (had had a couple of drinks and couldn't find a taxi) and someone yelled out their car window at me "That kid should be in bed!!" It didn't bother me too much cos it was true

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

MermaidSister  (31-05-2011),MsImpatient  (16-07-2012)