+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by austmum View Post
    Wow Thermo! I hope you complained. She needs to be given a serious warning over that! Hugs.
    I thought about it but I wasn't in the right frame of mind to do so at the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Rudest Thing a Stranger has said to you

An old thread but thought you might all enjoy this article and hopefully it will come in handy next time you receive some very unhelpful "advice":

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/h...are-of-my-baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

The other day was called out to then rushed up to by an older couple who NEEDED to tell me I was doing 'irreparable damage' to katelyns brain because she was bouncing around in the ergo carrier. The woman then attempted to adjust the carrier pulling it up behind katelyns head and katelyn screamed (not keen on strangers touching her!!!) So I kinda ran for it. It was pretty intense, they were so serious.

No idea how to correctly respond aside from stare in shock say "oh really" and then briskly walk off so she couldn't touch my baby!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Grr. Rude and touching. Wrong.

You shouldve said "oh is that what happened to you?".

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Rudest Thing a Stranger has said to you

A shop assistant once told me that I didn't know how to pronounce my daughter's name properly! Our little girl's name is Sian and we pronounce it Seeanne, not Sharn which is how it's pronounced in Welsh. We like the pronunciation that we use and I explained this to the woman, but she just kept on insisting that we were wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cat21 View Post
    Grr. Rude and touching. Wrong.

You shouldve said "oh is that what happened to you?".
    I always come up with things I could have said afterwards.

I like to think when random people say awful things and we stare at them in shock and horror and are unable to speak I tell myself they walked away and felt really awful. Whereas if you bite back they might feel justified.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Cat21  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I always come up with things I could have said afterwards.

I like to think when random people say awful things and we stare at them in shock and horror and are unable to speak I tell myself they walked away and felt really awful. Whereas if you bite back they might feel justified.

True. I just wish I could put people omit their place.

I've never been able to be rude to anyone...not even to the nasty cow who mocked me for bottle feeding my baby. I couldn't even snap back and tell her it was ebm because the first time I bf in public a dirty old man leered at me and asked if he could have room. Couldn't win.

But no matter how we react, these people always feel vindicated.

So now I just smile politely and focus on my babies.

And I bf everywhere.

Thanks
    Reviews

Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews

Not really about me but it really got me arked up...

Last night I went to maccas for dessert for DP and I. While I was waiting for my order, a lady in her 60's (I'm just guessing), randomly came over to me and said "honestly, why are they all asian? Seems a bit racist. Can't believe they are taking all our jobs"

Now while this is offensive enough in general, and I would have said something at any time of my life. I was not in any mood yesterday to be messed with. The girls at the front were Philippino and one is my babysitter.

I snapped back at her with "well actually, those "asians", are lovely people, one is my babysitter, and is also the same nationality as my husband and therefore my children! I'm also pretty sure they are the only teenagers in this area that were willing to work their butts off on a saturday night!"

She didn't really have a come back and I was so proud of myself for having a come back right then and there.

Yay me!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Turk EnJayDee For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (20-08-2012),Bubmum  (20-08-2012),Cat21  (20-08-2012),cluckcluck  (21-08-2012),Justwant2beamummy  (21-08-2012),mad house mumma  (20-08-2012),mrswhitehouse  (19-08-2012),Mulva  (20-08-2012),River Song  (20-08-2012),sandy_1902  (20-08-2012),shelle65  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I was 21 when i had DS, and whilst he was not planned, i was engaged to his dad and he was still very much wanted. I was about 8months pregnant and Christmas shopping but sitting down for a breather when an old man came up to me, looked me up and down and asked, "did you thump the guy that did that to you?"