+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I had DD the midwife came in to tell me about the heal prick test. She told me to call her when DD was hungry and unsettled so she could do the test then 'reward' DD with a feed! I said I wanted to feed her while she did the test and she said 'no it's best if you can reward them with something' ... Ummmm sorry lady but my baby is only 2 days old.... I will feed her when shes hungry!
    Same midwife : came into the room when DD was 1 day old and my mum was visiting. She said to my mum ' now does bub NEED this cuddle or is it more for you??' ... I was sure my mum was going to bite her head off but she was quite calm! She was very anti- cuddling so I made sure when she was on duty I never put DD down! Silly cow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When gettin heel prick test done for DD so we could be discharged, the midwife kindly said to me, "Don't you know how dangerous it is to be taking her home right now?" (perfectly healthy, checked by paeds and nurses, 9apgar score 2 day old baby) me: "I'm sure we'll be fine" her: "no it's dangerous for her, not you! I could care less if YOU went home today" DP almost smacked her one. Lucky I had all those nice happy 'I just had a baby' hormones still runnin round.
    Last edited by Turk EnJayDee; 31-07-2011 at 23:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also MIL, DD was a reflux baby and thanks to MIL deciding she slept too much and waking her every 10 minutes, was extremely p#%^*£ off and screaming.

We lived with MIL at the time, anyway, MIL barged into our room and asked "What are you doing to her? It sounds like you're hitting her?!"

Yes love, I'm beating my 9 week old refluxing, over tired baby because, hey why not. Evil wench was even a paediatric nurse...

When I told my BFF of 21 years that I was preggers, (after being told 2 years earlier I would never have children, and 1 year before her wedding day), her response was, oh, you'll have to have it taken out before my wedding. I don't want any pregnant people in my wedding photos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When i first went to the doctor after peeing on the stick, it wasn't my usual doctor as we had just moved interstate, i sat down and said "i believe im pregnant" to which he replied, "well what do you want to do with IT?" i was mortified, and said "i want to keep MY BABY" he then went on to assume i was single (even tho i was wearing my wedding ring) and assumed i lived alone, and stressed how important it was for someone like ME especially to get All the STD tests done. WTF??!!! i felt like i was a teenager and being treated like id done something wrong, im 29, i consider myself to dress quite well, i have no idea where this assumption came from, i left as soon as i could and cried the whole way back to the car.
    Last edited by swampy; 16-07-2012 at 10:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    While I was lying in pre-op waiting to have my d&c, a nurse came over and told me to stop crying. I looked away and she just said "well it wasn't planned was it.. With a little one already...." WTF! Yes it was planned but that is irrelevant. Clearly i was upset about the loss of my baby!!!!

Oh, and when I told my aunt I was pregnant with ds she said "just remember miscarriage runs in the family..."

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When I bought a pregnancy test recently the check out operator gesturing at DD (baby) asked me if we were trying or not I mumbled no not really and she said "Well you know what you need then??? IT'S CALLED CONTRACEPTION" she basically screamed it in my face.

I mean no **** Sherlock but I don't see how it was any of her business! I should of gone with the it's not for me line I had running around in my head.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    When I bought a pregnancy test recently the check out operator gesturing at DD (baby) asked me if we were trying or not I mumbled no not really and she said "Well you know what you need then??? IT'S CALLED CONTRACEPTION" she basically screamed it in my face.
    Omg. That is so incredibly rude!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Melting Mayo View Post
    Omg. That is so incredibly rude!
    Yep and it's not like she new if we were using it or not ffs. She obviously thinks contraception is 100% effective!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ashey View Post
    I told someone about DS's emergency cesarian birth, it was a life or death situation. She said "oh well, at least you didn't have to push".
    I've had this said to me on more than one occasion!!

Once by my BF of 18 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Thermo! I hope you complained. She needs to be given a serious warning over that! Hugs.