+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reba View Post
    OMG some people are ruuuuude! I've noticed a lot of people here mentioning Mongolian birthmarks, I just thought I'd share.... when I first started working in childcare, I was 18, I was changing a child's nappy & noticed a lot of 'bruises' on their lower back. I took the baby to my boss (the centre director) & showed her the marks & asked if they were bruises & she explained to me that they were Mongolian birthmarks. Thank God I asked her & not the parents! I would have felt terrible if I upset them. However, I wouldn't have accused the parents of doing anything to hurt their child, but in my ignorance, I might have asked them 'Are these bruises?' I had no idea about these birthmarks, & I guess other people might not know about them as well.... DEFINITELY not ok to accuse you of hurting your child though!!!!!!
    Definetely the right thing to do is ask someone else first just incase but as some of these people are nurses (kind of there job to know a birth mark over a bruise) seems a bit aweful of them doesnt it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me it was at a medical centre when bub was only 4 months old and i fell pregnant as contraception failed on me!
    So the girl at reception calls me to ask if i was pregnant coz yu hv to see the nurse if you are!! and i said yes and shes like but your baby is 4months are you sure that its not this baby, then i see the nurse come to tell to shut up as i got a lil bit embarassed!

Some people can b very rude!!
    Im happy tht i had my boys so close
    in age
    ( Bub 1 - 26 Months Bub 2- 15 months)even though they drive us mad!! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    last night I said oh mh legs are so wobbly after gym and my 'friend' said cellulite doesn't count... ermm I'm fat but I actually don't have cellulite a$$hole!! I wanted to slap him!

I'm smart because I have a smart phone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I've had heaps of incredibly rude things said to me by strangers.

I was called a **** on 3 seperate occassions whilst out with my DS1.
    I had a ranbdom guy at the shops come up to me and tell me i was fat and was crapping on how it must hurt and all this bullsh!t!.
    I've had a doctor go off at me for not wanting to take contraception whilst breastfeeding. Told me that i was too young to have the 2 children i already had and that basically it would be the worst thing in the world if i ever were to have another child.
    When ever co workers find out i have children they ask if they are at home with my parents.

Thats just a few. That list could go on forever really. It's a shame judgemental people don't just keep their assumptions and inappropriate comments to themselves at times!

dreadlockfairy is offline The best things in life.....aren't things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to my doctor (who has an ob dip & charges $80 for a short consult) bc I had just gotten mastitis again for the 4th time in 2 months. I was in tears bc I was so sick. She told me the reason I was sad was bc b4 I had my daughter I was working as a highly educated professional & I needed to go back to work. She said only simple mums become SAHMs. Bc they don't know what it's like to be intellectually stimulated.

I never went back to her. Oh & I must be very simple bc I choose to be a SAHM & look after my kids! Boy am I simple! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I told someone about DS's emergency cesarian birth, it was a life or death situation. She said "oh well, at least you didn't have to push".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS was having a tanty in the driveway. My sour old tart of a neighbour walked past and told me to shut the ff'ing kid up. Kids his age (18 months) are very easy to train. Too bad he has a sh!tty mum who's too lazy to train him

Thanks
    Reviews
    The worst ones I have probably had to listen to were:

'it's just not meant to be' & 'don't worry at least you know you can get pregnant' - after miscarriages.

Even though these may be true it's the last thing you want to hear when you are grieving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brood Mare View Post
    I posted about it a few times.
    It was about my DS and myself.

Was standing at the butcher, waiting to be served, and an old lady come up next up me, and glanced my DS, who was about 6 months old. And she said.

"what a beautiful little boy, pity he has your abo nose'

I was shocked. Did not say a damn thing and moved.

I don't even have words for this woman.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Mine is what a cranky old lady said to a poor mum on the bus once when her daughter was having a bit of a meltdown.. she shoots up out of her seat and YELLS at this kid to stop making that horrible noise.. well I shot up out of my seat and told her basically to pull her head in, kids have tantrums its just what they do, and she has NO right to speak to someone else's child like that.. lol now whenever I see this lady around town she looks away as soon as she sees me.. obviously she remembers me