+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley595 View Post
    I was feeding DS in a parents room when a lady walked in looked at the bottle and said parents rooms are only for Breast feeding mothers and to stop taking up the comfortable seats if I was just going to be feeding my son poison, I was mortified not only is this my first bubba but I tried so hard to breast feed him but his tongue tie was just to severe, how did she know it was a formula bottle and not expressed breast milk?.
    I copped alot of flack for bottle feeding DD, i had severe PND and was on a strong anti-depressant for the first 18mths of her life and wasn't allowed to breast feed. The first comment was when i was in hospitial with her and told the midwife i couldnt do it anymore, she told me that wasn't a 'real mother thing to do' (bottle feeding) i ended up with a lovely one who helped me no end! but the first oh, i could have slapped her!

I can remember to, when DD was only a few days old i went away with her and my family to my grandads 80th birthday/family reunion because i was afraid being in town alone with her and ex-DP for a week, and along the way (it was summer) we stopped and the toilets at the place we stopped were voul so i changed DD's nappy on the back seat of the car (with a change mat underneath) and some lady walked past behind me telling me how stupid i was for changing my baby in the car, with all the germs and dirt from the car (the car was clean, ex-DP cleaned it completely when we had DD... 3 days earlier!) and that i should have DD taken off me for being such a stupid woman! luckily my mum and half my family were there and heard it and all told her to ***** off and leave me alone. (i think there was about 8 or 9 of them there at the time) Mum ended up having to finish changing/feeding DD coz i balled my eyes out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I knew there was something I was told but couldn't remember til now.
    A friend of a friend asked me how DD was born and did it hurt. After I explained I has a c section she said to me in all seriousness "oh, you aren't a real mum then, not until you feel the pain of child birth"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Lunaticity; 23-06-2011 at 23:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post
    I knew there was something I was told but couldn't remember til now.
    A friend of a friend asked me how DD was born and did it hurt. After I explained I has a c section she said to me in all seriousness "oh, you aren't a real mum then, not until you feel the pain of child birth"
    Thats horrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS had a little cough in the bus (like clearing his throat) and he was facing the window a woman stood about 1,5 m from DS pulled his son and said "come here you dont want to get someone's germ" and gave DS this evil look. I looked at her and her son, they looked like they needed shower, not like they looked clean at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kinda not a stranger but a friend! I was telling her how ill be movinng out with 3 gay people.. She looked at me funny and asked if I was bringing ds.. I said yes where else would he go.. She then said but hes gonna grow up thinking thats ok!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymonster View Post
    Kinda not a stranger but a friend! I was telling her how ill be movinng out with 3 gay people.. She looked at me funny and asked if I was bringing ds.. I said yes where else would he go.. She then said but hes gonna grow up thinking thats ok!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Bubhub
    Ohhh, don't let your DS catch the gay germs or, even worse, teach him acceptance and tolerance!!
    Some people eh?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zombiekitty For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I posted about it a few times.
    It was about my DS and myself.

Was standing at the butcher, waiting to be served, and an old lady come up next up me, and glanced my DS, who was about 6 months old. And she said.

"what a beautiful little boy, pity he has your abo nose'

I was shocked. Did not say a damn thing and moved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by c2p08 View Post
    I copped alot of flack for bottle feeding DD, i had severe PND and was on a strong anti-depressant for the first 18mths of her life and wasn't allowed to breast feed. The first comment was when i was in hospitial with her and told the midwife i couldnt do it anymore, she told me that wasn't a 'real mother thing to do' (bottle feeding) i ended up with a lovely one who helped me no end! but the first oh, i could have slapped her!

I can remember to, when DD was only a few days old i went away with her and my family to my grandads 80th birthday/family reunion because i was afraid being in town alone with her and ex-DP for a week, and along the way (it was summer) we stopped and the toilets at the place we stopped were voul so i changed DD's nappy on the back seat of the car (with a change mat underneath) and some lady walked past behind me telling me how stupid i was for changing my baby in the car, with all the germs and dirt from the car (the car was clean, ex-DP cleaned it completely when we had DD... 3 days earlier!) and that i should have DD taken off me for being such a stupid woman! luckily my mum and half my family were there and heard it and all told her to ***** off and leave me alone. (i think there was about 8 or 9 of them there at the time) Mum ended up having to finish changing/feeding DD coz i balled my eyes out.
    :O that's horrible!! I think I would of hit her if someone said that to me. I'm glad you had family there that told her where to go. It's just disgusting! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Neither of mine are from strangers.
    1st was boxing day 5 days after the birth of DD2 my Aunt and Nana told Mum to watch me as I was getting depressed. I had a bladder infection and a newborn how do they think I felt.
    2nd was DHs grandparents asking DHs parents to tell him to tell me to go into hiding to feed DD2 as they dont feel comfortable