+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjong View Post
    You cant bottle the colour, I love my boys hair colour. Genetics means it will get darker as they get older, but Ive kept locks of their hair from first hair cuts to forever remind me of their colour
    Yeah, I agree my brothers girlfriend had briiiight red hair before any children, but now that she's had three, her hair is a very dark (almost brown) looking auburn at 23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OMG! I'd cry if anyone threw away my colostrum (and then I'd report them and make a formal complaint!).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to brogeybear For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (16-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    "That's a gorgeous hair colour your son has, shame he'll hate it when he's older.... everyone picks on GINGERS"
    Everyone comments on my 4wk old DSs hair colour. Its orange, i think he is gorgeous. I love his hair colour, i havent had any negative comments yet though, im waiting for the day so i can give them what for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    You cant bottle the colour, I love my boys hair colour. Genetics means it will get darker as they get older, but Ive kept locks of their hair from first hair cuts to forever remind me of their colour
    I love red hair. Unfortunantly I have to pay for mine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG some people are ruuuuude! I've noticed a lot of people here mentioning Mongolian birthmarks, I just thought I'd share.... when I first started working in childcare, I was 18, I was changing a child's nappy & noticed a lot of 'bruises' on their lower back. I took the baby to my boss (the centre director) & showed her the marks & asked if they were bruises & she explained to me that they were Mongolian birthmarks. Thank God I asked her & not the parents! I would have felt terrible if I upset them. However, I wouldn't have accused the parents of doing anything to hurt their child, but in my ignorance, I might have asked them 'Are these bruises?' I had no idea about these birthmarks, & I guess other people might not know about them as well.... DEFINITELY not ok to accuse you of hurting your child though!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one just last night actually.
    DH and DD met me up at work to do food shopping so I didn't have to lug it all home on my own. We got to the register at the end, and although the girl who served us says things without thinking, she can be one of the rudest people I've ever met. DD was being a bit silly because she was starting to get tired and wanting to go home.
    Girl at the checkout says " Do you ever think, I wish I could hand her back and get a puppy in stead?"...

Lucky I actually work with her so I know what she's like, but if I had have been someone else, it would have been a completely different story.
    And this coming from a 34 yr old who still lives with ehr parents and calls her mum " Mummy", even in front of us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do occasionally think that about my kids But you just never know how people will take things so some comments are best left unuttered.

I'm now thinking I may have offended lots of other mothers by saying things like "Are you hoping for a boy this time?" or "It must be hard work having them so close in age" etc etc. I do think those sorts of comments are usually meant for the purpose of casual conversation, and have to admit to being kinda surprised that some people find them so offensive

Having said that, though, on a bad day when my nerves are frayed you would probably only have to look at me funny to make me snap

I nearly got annoyed at someone at work the other day who commented on something a teenage client said about having kids- that it's better to have them young. This person's response (as an older mother) was, "Well, apparently it's better to have them young, right, SO much better than waiting until you're mature enough..." I was like uh...I was only two years older than the girl who said this when I had mine....does that make me an idiot??

That's probably not what she meant, but knowing my situation she could have been a little more tactful. Doubt she'd like it if I'd responded with all the statistics on risk involved in later-in-life childbearing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    While pregnant it was - "arnt you going to get married first?"
    Now its - "that doesnt count, your not breastfeeding" (so im not a mother to a baby? grr)

Thanks
    Reviews
    some people are morons!

Quote Originally Posted by CMCandAmelia View Post
    While pregnant it was - "arnt you going to get married first?"
    Now its - "that doesnt count, your not breastfeeding" (so im not a mother to a baby? grr)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was feeding DS in a parents room when a lady walked in looked at the bottle and said parents rooms are only for Breast feeding mothers and to stop taking up the comfortable seats if I was just going to be feeding my son poison, I was mortified not only is this my first bubba but I tried so hard to breast feed him but his tongue tie was just to severe, how did she know it was a formula bottle and not expressed breast milk?.