+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a couple when I was pregnant and working in a department store.

The first was a lady who said that I was disgusting for being the size I was ( I was pretty small and just had a big bump). Another lady who happened to be on the larger side and had her two scabby kids with her said to me " look at the state of you, looks like you'll be having a skinny baby, you should eat more" and she was really sneering at me!

If I hadn't been working and in shock that people can be so rude I would have been pretty rude myself!

Id love to find both those women because my dd ended up being 8pound 10oz which is huuuuge for me.

Don't know why people are so nasty, especially when your UTD and have hormones going all over the place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    gee she's a big baby... that's gotta hurt!!

Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by thekittysmum View Post
    These are all just awful! People can be so unbelievably rude.

I don't have kids yet so one of the rudest things anyone has said to me recently is (from a girl I went to school with and her husband. They have two kids, and I was seeing them for the first time since having them); "So you don't have kids yet? And you're HOW old? I don't know how you do it. Life just isn't meaningful without kids."

Meanwhile I am TTC and failing every month. Cheers for that.

The other thing was when I was about 14, and I had just started working at the local woolies. A middle aged man told me my Mum should have just had an abortion, because I couldn't figure out how to process his transaction.

Then when I was about 19 (and still working at Woolies) there was another guy who came through my register with a little girl who would have been about 4 or 5. I love kids, so I immediately start chatting to her, and I ask her what she wants to be when she grows up. She says she wants to work in a shop like me. Her Dad looks mortified and says; "No sweetie. You won't work in a shop like this. Jobs in shops are for people that aren't very clever ... and you're a very clever little girl".

I ignored him and said to the little girl; "Working here is fun and I do it to pay for me to go to big people school. When I'm finished going to school, I'm going to be a doctor".

The look on the Dad's face was priceless!

I'm always SUPER nice to the checkout people whenever we go shopping now! They put up with so much!
    Love it! I was a checkout for 4 years! I know what u mean!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by earthfairy View Post
    Shopping with my 2.5yo DD & my newborn DD last week & someone stopped & looked in the pram at new born DD snoozing.

She replied: "Two girls hey! Are you having anymore?" (I find this rude in itself!)

Me: no, just the two for us

Her: Oh you must be so disappointed it's another girl!

You'd be surprised the amount of times in the past 7 weeks Ive heard this since having DD2 - even family members!
    How can you say it's a shame? We have 2 beautiful, healthy children! Who says that everyone should have a boy & a girl! Family are made up of different combinations!!!

When DH told one of his mates we had DD1 he said "I knew you didnt have a decent r00t in ya.....
    He then said it again with DD2 "yup, confirmed, you're a dud r00t"

I was angry & I cried.
    I've get the two girls thing alot, as I have dd1 who is 3 and dd2 who is 11months! I just ignore them! We do want one more but it doesn't matter weather it's a boy or a girl !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I don't have kids yet so one of the rudest things anyone has said to me recently is (from a girl I went to school with and her husband. They have two kids, and I was seeing them for the first time since having them); "So you don't have kids yet? And you're HOW old? I don't know how you do it. Life just isn't meaningful without kids."

Meanwhile I am TTC and failing every month. Cheers for that.

It took me a long time to get pregnant, and other than close family we didn't tell anyone we were trying. I got so many jokes about me being pregnant ALL the time (which kind of stung when I wanted to be pregnant so badly), and the worst was a girl at work making a jokey comment about how I just wasn't 'the baby type' and she couldn't imagine me with children. Kind of hurts when you're desperate to get pregnant and afraid that you might not be able to.

Because of what we went through with that I now NEVER ask someone if they are planning on children - even politely - because you never know if you're the hundredth person to ask an unintentionally painful question.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    "That's a gorgeous hair colour your son has, shame he'll hate it when he's older.... everyone picks on GINGERS"

And yep, thanks to that old bitty, DS1 is self concious about it, dont you dare say it's "Strawberry blonde" or has a "Red Tinge" in it.

Oh and "You really need to give your DH a little girl" (We have two boys)... I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago DH loves his boys and doesnt feel "unfulfilled" whatsoever!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjong View Post
    "That's a gorgeous hair colour your son has, shame he'll hate it when he's older.... everyone picks on GINGERS"

And yep, thanks to that old bitty, DS1 is self concious about it, dont you dare say it's "Strawberry blonde" or has a "Red Tinge" in it.

This happens weekly to my son but he is only 10 months or ohh maybe his hair will go darker. I say dont think so mine didnt!

Sent from my iphone, excuse my mistakes, i have big thumbs.
    Me 26 + DH 25 baby eric 13/08/2010

Thanks
    Reviews

I ignored him and said to the little girl; "Working here is fun and I do it to pay for me to go to big people school. When I'm finished going to school, I'm going to be a doctor".

The look on the Dad's face was priceless!
    I love it!!! Lol!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdali View Post
    This happens weekly to my son but he is only 10 months or ohh maybe his hair will go darker. I say dont think so mine didnt!

Sent from my iphone, excuse my mistakes, i have big thumbs.
    Me 26 + DH 25 baby eric 13/08/2010
    You cant bottle the colour, I love my boys hair colour. Genetics means it will get darker as they get older, but Ive kept locks of their hair from first hair cuts to forever remind me of their colour

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most of the rudest things said to me have come from people I know.

A relative telling me that I had "legs like tree trunks but not to worry honey, if you study hard, you won't need to be pretty".

My uni lecturer: "Are you sure you want to have the baby, wouldn't it just be easier to get rid of it? Babies are a lot of work you know." Well duh!

The sister of a friend when I was 6 months pregnant with DD: "OMG, you look like such a huge beached whale!"

My cousin and MIL telling me how fat I'd got after having a baby. It wasn't from the baby - it was from implanon.

One day after giving birth to DD, a nurse who had just made me express 120ml of colostrum told me that I'd have to bottle feed as I didn't have enough milk to feed my baby. My milk hadn't come in yet, and then she threw away my colostrum!

Another nurse asking me if I'd hit my DS a few days after he was born - he had a mongolian birthmark on his bottom and she'd never seen one before.

One of the mums at kindy asked me if DH was my son's dad, "because he looks so much younger than you" she thought he must have been DS's uncle or something. She actually told me that I look older than my husband. And yet I'm younger. Not happy!!!