+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    When I was pregnant with my second child, another girl people would say "aren't you annoyed it's another girl" and then pregnant with my third, a boy "finally a boy, I bet your partner is proud/happy" when I didn't know what I was having yet with my third, ppl would say "it better be a boy this time" Why can't ppl just be happy with whatever comes out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2bubba View Post
    When I was pregnant with my second child, another girl people would say "aren't you annoyed it's another girl" and then pregnant with my third, a boy "finally a boy, I bet your partner is proud/happy" when I didn't know what I was having yet with my third, ppl would say "it better be a boy this time" Why can't ppl just be happy with whatever comes out?
    I got this all the time with my third as well, it better be a girl. He is a beautiful 4 week old bubba boy and also get the whole 3 boys you must be disappointed, yes I am still grieving the little girl I'll never have but will never be disappointed with my 3 boys love them to the moon and back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When people heard I was pregnant I'd get the usual 'hopefully it's a boy' and I'd say well, actually, we want another girl but we will be happy with either as long as bub is healthy.
    People can't seem to fathom that some people WANT 2 kids of the same sex!!!

hakuna matata is online now The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Firstly I just wanted to say that all the mummies in here are AMAZING and those jerks don't know anything!!!

Probably the rudest for me has been "he obviously wasn't planned!" well actually we tried for 7 long months to conceive him, I know how to use protection, and even if he wasn't, what difference does it make?!

Oh and when I took up a full time job when ds was 11 months the looks people gave me and the "oh, who will look after him?" Grrr don't question me, I work to provide for my family! I'm lucky that Dh works part time and he has a day with his Nan and 2 days in care, and if he was in full time day care, so what! Some people don't have choices!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the most uninformed/ rude thing people have said is in response to taking my 4 year old sister to the shop.
    Her - "oh mummy is spoiling you to bits, you will be a very tempermental child!"
    Me - "Um this is my sister"
    Baby sister - "Yeah this is my biiiggg sister"
    Her - "oh to the same dad?"
    Me- "Yes..."
    Her - "Oh well he must of had a midlife crisis to want another child after everyone has left home...was she planned?"
    Me - "Come on Em, lets go buy theses toys from a less judgemental shop!"
    Em - "Yeahhhhh, silly lady, I'm telling mum!"

I guess not so much rude, but I was just stunned. People don't have to have their kids then stop forever, mind you my father is only 40...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    That's ridiculous space cadet. 'was she planned' - the shop assistant is effectively asking about your parents sex life :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    That's ridiculous space cadet. 'was she planned' - the shop assistant is effectively asking about your parents sex life :-/
    I know I was seriously just standing there with my mouth open. ARE ALL YOUR CHILDREN PLANNED?! - Of course I didn't say that as Em would have walked around saying that to everyone with kids. She is a bit silly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i was at my local supermarket one night with my 3 yr old daughter, i was pregnant with DS1
    anyway my daughter had been playing up all night, doing things she wasnt ment, basically pushing my buttons as far as they could go. Anyway as we were walking out there was a set of atm's that have like the bars for where you line up anyway she ducked down and was walking on the other side of them, there were ppl trying to get to the atm's so i asked her to come back onto the right side... She wouldnt listen, i asked her 3 times... I grabbed her hand and so she ducked to come back under the bar BUT jumped up at the wrong time and banged her head on the bar (poor sausage). she was crying so i picked her up and was trying to settle her and a lady came up behind me and said " you might want to watch what your doing next time if it wasnt for you she wouldnt of bumped her head" i was mortified, my reply " maybe you should mind your own business, i would never hurt my child and was a simple accident if you had of seen the whole thing you would know, now dont but into where your not wanted" to which she said to me " you wouldnt want me to catch you treating any of your children in such manner again otherwise i will make it my business and get DOCS involved" i was just like pfffffft whatever lady mind your own buisness and walked away!!!

Anyway i could not believe that this lady thought i had intentionally hurt my child!!!

bgbgbb is offline To think, I was only going to have 1 child!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was 24 weeks with DD2 and had developed severe pelvic instability (which never went away) and so was on crutches and had a disabled sticker on my car. As I got out of the car, obviously struggling with 3 preschoolers and the crutches, this old woman came up to me and said loudly and rudely, "So you can get one of these stickers nowadays if you're pregnant!".

Fortunately I was on the ball and replied, "No, they're given to nice people with a disability, no wonder you're so jealous!"

I was seething though and now have a personal grudge against elderly people who think they alone have the right to disabled stickers.

2plusbaby is offline <------ "Jellybean" at 12wks 5days
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I simply can't believe the nerve of some people!! Why do people think they have the right to comment on things they know nothing about? grrrrr.

I have had a few comment that I found so terribly rude. The first I remember that really stuck with me was when Jakobi was about 6months old. His a very big boy, both in height and in build, always well above the 100 percentile. I was in the supermarket doing my shopping when an elderly commented to her husband I was too young to have a baby that old. I ignored it, not sure it definately directed at me. However she then walked up to me, looked at Jakobi and asked what was wrong with him as he wasnt walking. I told her he was only 6months old therefore has not long learnt to sit up let alone walk. To which she replied. "Serve you right to have a deformed child for being such a sl*t!" I was so shocked I had no reply. I just walked away. There is nothing wrong with my son, even if there was he would still be perfect and it certainly wouldnt have anything to do with my age!!

Another was when Jakobi was around 3 or 4 yo he was throwing a tantrum because he wanted something in the shops and I had said no. It was a toy of some sort and it was nearing xmas, as a single mum at the time I had no chance of affording it anyway! A lady came up to me and asked if he was an only child, I replied yes, and she proceeded to lecture me on that being why he was a sh*t of a kid and always would be. Normally that wouldnt have upset me too much, however at the time I had not long been told that my chances of concieving and carrying another baby was less than 10%. I just burst out into tears and walked off. I heard her say to her husband as I walked away, "Hmmp some people just cant handle the truth, where is her mother to guide her."

The latest one was just a few weeks ago, not from a stranger but from my own mother. Still hurts actually. She commented to my sister that she is concerned for our baby when its born and really thinks she need to be here to protect it as I didnt cope very well or bond very well when Jakobi was born. Well no I didnt, I was in an abusive relationship, I was young and inexperienced with very little support, I had bad PND and was overwhelmed by it all. But protect my baby? from what? from who? I was never never neglectful or harming to my baby. I was at times uninterested (part of the PND) and sometimes made less than the right decisions but nothing ever endangering my baby.