+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I remembered another, although not a stranger, MIL.
    When DH and I went for our first dating ultrasound, they said they couldn't see anything inside the sack, because I was a bit too early.
    DH told MIL and she replied with "Well I hope yous don't miscarry because thats what happened to your sister when they said that. SO just be very careful and don't get your hopes up".. Uh wtf, lady. Who SAYS that to their son, especially one like DH who is a worrier as it is!!
    We've found out that SIL that did miscarry before she had her beautiful daughter, is pregnant again, and due only 2 weeks after me, so we're super excited and talking about how good it will be for babies to be born so close together, when MIL says to DH "As long as she doesn't miscarry again, I really hope she doesn't.
    Ugh, You DON'T say that to your kids who are super excited about having babies!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My worst one came from someone I regarded as my "best friend"
    I called her about 6 weeks ago to confide in her that I was 7 weeks pg. I have a son with an autism spectrum disorder, he has aspergers syndrome and it is believed to be linked to massive distress brfoe and during labour, I also have a " normal" dd.
    She said "I hope you terminate especially if it's a boy, it's child abuse bringing another autistic kid into this world"
    I was speechless and had to hang up. I have been told my risk is no higher than normal and my ds is only very mildly impaired.

I also over the last 5 years been told so many times when out and he has been making lots of humming noises or having a meltdown that he needs a good smack. This now leads me into a speech about autism and a hint that next time they should keep there mouths shut or ask if they can help. Usually at least makes them stop and think.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to brodiebunch For This Useful Post:

mousiemama  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps I know regard that friend as a stranger

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brodiebunch View Post
    My worst one came from someone I regarded as my "best friend"
    I called her about 6 weeks ago to confide in her that I was 7 weeks pg. I have a son with an autism spectrum disorder, he has aspergers syndrome and it is believed to be linked to massive distress brfoe and during labour, I also have a " normal" dd.
    She said "I hope you terminate especially if it's a boy, it's child abuse bringing another autistic kid into this world"
    I was speechless and had to hang up. I have been told my risk is no higher than normal and my ds is only very mildly impaired.

I also over the last 5 years been told so many times when out and he has been making lots of humming noises or having a meltdown that he needs a good smack. This now leads me into a speech about autism and a hint that next time they should keep there mouths shut or ask if they can help. Usually at least makes them stop and think.
    That's disgusting!

Good on you for standing up them and explaining and making them stop and think - I'd probably slap them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    unfortunately most parents with asd children face this every day. I do wish that sometimes i could slap them.Usually I just regroup and have a little cry later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the worst thing someone said to me was that my daughter is "cute.. But she's not beautiful".. That really upset me, because I think she's the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen (biasly though)..
    But still- u don't say that stuff to people!

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow some of these are horrible!!

while 6mths preggers i was getting coffee for DF & I the coffee lady waits until DF walks away with DS (15mths) & goes 'what did u enjoy being pregnant so much the first time you had to go back again?' really peeved me as DS birth was so traumatic & this pregnancy has been hard to.

MIL telling DF to walk away & get an abortion when finding out we were preg with DD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh! This happened tonight!

Told a few friends who don't know already that we're expecting a boy and INSTANTLY one of them turns and says, "Oh, what a shame!"

I felt stunned! Laid out a whole bunch of reasons why I'm glad to be having a boy for my 1st and left it at that! Infact, I've had so many bad responses when telling people the gender... it really does hurt my feelings if not for myself, on behalf of my little boy, who deserves to be welcomed with love and happiness!

I had a feeling that (because of the number of boys being born/little boys in our circle lately) people would be disappointed if I had a boy, but it still hurts! I feel like they're forgetting that he's an individual, not a gender and will be different to the other boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by natashas View Post
    Ugh! This happened tonight!

Told a few friends who don't know already that we're expecting a boy and INSTANTLY one of them turns and says, "Oh, what a shame!"

I felt stunned! Laid out a whole bunch of reasons why I'm glad to be having a boy for my 1st and left it at that! Infact, I've had so many bad responses when telling people the gender... it really does hurt my feelings if not for myself, on behalf of my little boy, who deserves to be welcomed with love and happiness!

I had a feeling that (because of the number of boys being born/little boys in our circle lately) people would be disappointed if I had a boy, but it still hurts! I feel like they're forgetting that he's an individual, not a gender and will be different to the other boys.
    I had this happen too! I was over the moon to be having two boys but got told I was kidding myself, girls are much loving and better and it's a shame I didn't get at least one girl.
    Ummm thanks! Some people!

earthfairy is offline Winner 2009 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    In Antarctica for 12 months.... I mean Tassie!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Shopping with my 2.5yo DD & my newborn DD last week & someone stopped & looked in the pram at new born DD snoozing.

She replied: "Two girls hey! Are you having anymore?" (I find this rude in itself!)

Me: no, just the two for us

Her: Oh you must be so disappointed it's another girl!

You'd be surprised the amount of times in the past 7 weeks Ive heard this since having DD2 - even family members!
    How can you say it's a shame? We have 2 beautiful, healthy children! Who says that everyone should have a boy & a girl! Family are made up of different combinations!!!

When DH told one of his mates we had DD1 he said "I knew you didnt have a decent r00t in ya.....
    He then said it again with DD2 "yup, confirmed, you're a dud r00t"

I was angry & I cried.