+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by staceylee View Post
    I remembered another one. I was at the doc's for DS's 6week check and DS needed a feed and doc was running late so I moved to a corner of the waiting room to feed him. Well a young guy and his GF looked over at me and the guy said to her 'if they had a suggestion box here I would suggest that they find somewhere else to do that' and nodded in my dircetion and it was obivous he was talking about me because i was the only one sitting there and then his GF said 'I know, its disgusting!'
    I felt so small, DD was on the bottle by 6weeks so I was so proud of myself for getting to 6weeks with (he is now 5mths and stil breastfeeding like a champ!) DS and for feeding in public when DS needed a fed and then that happens! DH wasnt happy at all when I told him.
    That really annoys me. People can be so rude. Breastfeeding is one of the most normal and natural things a mother and baby can do. If people are uncomfortable it's pretty easy to just not look. It's not like you were up waving it in their faces. Once a baby's attached there is usually less breast showing than the amount you get to see in the low cut tops you see around, but I bet they wouldn't have complained about a girl wearing one of those.

Good on you for breastfeeding!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my god... some of these are infuriating!!!

I have a few of my own,

My partner was out for a gig and I went along to support him, it was the day before going for a 12-week scan, some guy I'd never met said to me, "Oh, my boss' wife went for her 12 week scan. Something f***ed up and she ended up going into labour then and there. Lost the kid. She wishes she had never gone for the scan"

Thank you! How helpful and reassuring!

I was talking to a friend of mine and this same guy came up and said to my partner, "Do you talk? Or does your woman wear the pants in this relationship?".

I turned around and said, "He's a big boy. He can talk if he wants to, I'm not stopping him." Turns out this guy was a major mysogonist who spent the entire night trying to tell me how when the baby gets here, I should give me partner "lots of blowj0bs" so that he doesn't feel "neglected". Get f***ed!!!

I also had a group of guys sit around and make jokes about how giving birth was going to "mutilate" my vagina, and how I was going to have a "****ed up vagina". They also joked that I was going to "dump my baby into a bucket". This was coupled with sound-effects and body-actions. I was repulsed! Didn't know WHAT to say!!

Also, at the chemist in 1st tri- I went to buy medication for MS. The idiot pharmacist said, "You don't look pregnant" and asked me how far along I was, to which I replied, "9 weeks". She then said, "Oh, well you're hardly pregnant at all then. There's still a strong chance of you miscarrying". I don't know why she chose to say that... so inappropriate. And "You don't look pregnant"???? I was buying MORNING SICKNESS medication, for christ sake... you're a qualified chemist! Surely you're not so moronic to not know that it is (typically) a first trimester symptom.

I swear, some people think you're meant to show from the DAY you fall pregnant... the number of people who said to me, "Well, you don't LOOK pregnant". Guh...

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my DD was a bub I was breastfeeding her in the foodcourt at our local shopping centre and this elderly couple ambled past. The guy says REALLY loudly to his wife "Absolutley disgusting", looks at me and says "can't you go do that in the bathrooms?"
    I kind of smirked at him and told him if eating in the toilets was so hygenic he was more than welcome to ***** off and eat his meal there.
    I didn't mean to use such foul language but I just saw RED when he said that

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpongebobMummyPants For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (10-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpongebobMummyPants View Post
    When my DD was a bub I was breastfeeding her in the foodcourt at our local shopping centre and this elderly couple ambled past. The guy says REALLY loudly to his wife "Absolutley disgusting", looks at me and says "can't you go do that in the bathrooms?"
    I kind of smirked at him and told him if eating in the toilets was so hygenic he was more than welcome to ***** off and eat his meal there.
    U go girl!!! Love it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Again not a stranger, but stupid nonetheless...

Driving home a workmate the other night, discussing children (she's late 20s, doesn't have any but seems to be an "expert" on birthing & raising kids )

I told her DS is an IVF bub. To which she replied "oh wow, you must be sooo unlucky. Is there something wrong with you?" I was confused & asked why she thought that was unlucky & she rolled her eyes & rudely said "for only having one baby." still confused I asked her why I should have any more than 1 "because they put in at least 5 embryos & everyone else has twins or triplets or more. You must have done something really wrong to only get one!"

Oh... Um... Sorry! Excuse me for being so ignorant!

I have never been happier to explain the REAL IVF process in detail to someone!

***How's my spelling? Call 1800 iPhone***

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i was buying underwear at target, waiting patiently in line while the teenage boy (first embarrassing factor) was removing the beeper things from my items when he ripped the g sting underwear & then had to ask the assistant to go & fetch another pair (meanwhile everybody staring). Assistant comes back & says in a very loud voice (just to make sure all the people in the line didnt miss out) "theres no size 10 left dear & you are a size 12 anyway, so i got you a pair in that size"............not impressed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I just remembered another.

When I was pregnant with Hayley I was at ex's niece's birthday and was telling sis's friend how far along I was. When I said 12 weeks she said "oh well, it's still early days, anything can happen" gee thanks for that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpongebobMummyPants View Post
    Best comeback ever!

Thanks
    Reviews
    One day at work, when I was about 32 weeks pregnant, a female customer I have never seen before (or since) started the whole "oh congratulations, when are you due?" conversation, then said "well I hope you're planning on having another baby after this one, because it's not fair to have an only child!"

I was so shocked, all I could think of to say was "well, let me get this one out first, then I'll think about it!"

Now all I hear from people is "so when are you having another one?" Sigh.

mummybynature is offline Loving every moment of motherhood <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was about 12 weeks pregnant with DD, DP was invited out to see a band with a group of girls who were regulars at his work (he manages a club). DP saw these girls as friends and so he wanted to go but not without me. He asked if I would go and I said yer, I felt fine so he texted them back and said that we will come. They then wrote back to say that they didn't feel comfortable taking a pregnant woman to a gig. Does being pregnant mean not being able to go and see a band??? DP told them he wouldn't go without me and that was that. Seriously....I think in the time I was pregnant we went and saw about 5 or so play. DP hasn't spoken to them since, obviously.

To this day I still think that the real reason was because one of the girls thought she had a chance of being with DP - fat chance!