+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by QUIXOTE View Post
    So my twin girls were born 16Weeks early and are still in NICU.

Saw a friend of my mums in the shops and she was asking how they were going etc.
    I said they're going pretty good no major hassles considering they were given a 30% chance of survival.

Her reply. 'well aslong as you get to atleast take one home'..........

Seriously? WTF? I felt sick immediately and walked away,
    Oh good god how did you not smack the b?tch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It's clear as day when people see me out with my eldest that I had her very young (I was 15) and I have been asked a few times now "Do you know who the father is" ....

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Hokey Pokey ♥ View Post
    It's clear as day when people see me out with my eldest that I had her very young (I was 15) and I have been asked a few times now "Do you know who the father is" ....
    I would repply with yes dear, your husband didn't he tell you lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2monkey View Post
    I would repply with yes dear, your husband didn't he tell you lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After I'd had DS and lost the baby weight Mum took DS for a couple of hours while I went clothes shopping as a treat. All went well until I went into Dotti to try on some pants. I'd bought a few pairs from other places and sizes 10-12 were fine, but there a size 14 wouldn't even do up. I commented to the salesgirl that their sizes were quite small, she replied "Or your **** is too big, why don't you go diet then come back?" At 5'10" and 58kg I wasn't even close to needing a diet

And another...

When planning my wedding to DH last year I was pregnant and expected to be about 5 months pregnant on the wedding day, so had put off getting my dress until about a month before to see how big I would be. Unfortunately I had a missed miscarriage which I found out about at 12 weeks. Was devastated. A couple of days after the D&C, feeling very fragile, I followed the urging of DF and my mother and took an hour to go out wedding dress shopping to cheer myself up. The shop assistants wouldn't leave me alone even though I kept saying I just wanted to browse. One was quite critical why I had left it only a couple of months before the wedding, so I explained that I'd just miscarried and had expected to be pregnant and was very upset. Her reply? "Oh dear, and see, now your wedding will be a horrible ruined day too on top of that because you didn't care about it enough."
    I'm usually good at comebacks, but I left that shop in tears without saying a word (Oh, and i ended up finding the *perfect* dress later that week )
    Last edited by CluckySC; 06-06-2011 at 07:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 days after DS (and suffering badly from the 'day 3 blues'... couldn't stop crying) I was making myself a cup of coffee in the kitchen at the hospital. A guy (partner of another patient) goes to me 'Oooh, not long to go now hey' and I just snapped 'I had my baby 3 days ago'.

My belly was tiny compared to what it had been 3 days earlier.

dillydAlly is offline --> The most precious princess in all the land :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by trina2706 View Post
    3 days after DS (and suffering badly from the 'day 3 blues'... couldn't stop crying) I was making myself a cup of coffee in the kitchen at the hospital. A guy (partner of another patient) goes to me 'Oooh, not long to go now hey' and I just snapped 'I had my baby 3 days ago'.

My belly was tiny compared to what it had been 3 days earlier.
    Oh no!!! Why else would you be making a coffee in a maternity hospital

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dillydAlly View Post
    Oh no!!! Why else would you be making a coffee in a maternity hospital
    I know, I thought that too! Makes me laugh now but at the time I was shattered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just remembered one.....I was about 8 1/2 months pregnant and was waiting in line to be served at a shop when a little old lady walked over to me and said "you look as if you've swallowed a watermelon". Just what I needed to hear!!!

Another time I was shopping with DD who was about 15 months old - she was kicking up a huge fuss in the trolley, had smashed a jar of vegemite on the floor and was just being a pain. I ended up opening a packet of biscuits and giving her one to keep her quiet and when I got to the checkout the woman in front of me says "looks like the baby won the fight then"!!

Oh and one more....this one was directed at my DH who has struggled with his weight his whole life and is really self conscius about it. He went into a bakery to get us some lunch and ordered 2 pies. The woman serving him said "thats a lot of food for 1 person you know". He said "well it's lucky my wife is waiting out in the car then isnt it". We have never been back there!!

A Party of Five is offline Winner 2008 � Most Boring Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The one that hurt the most was do all of your children (5) have the same father?