+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OllieBollie+1 View Post
    Well its not baby related and it wasnt said to me but i was there
    I was in the city with my friend and it was a really hot day and this man said to her as we were crossing the road 'oh its really hot today isnt it, you must have a sweaty box' what do you say to that
    You say, "Guess you have sweaty balls then, might need to air them out as I hear spermatozza die off when your body temp gets too high.."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThreePeasPlease For This Useful Post:

bluerhapsody  (08-06-2011),Stiflers Mom  (05-06-2011)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think a couple of things said to me on the forum are the rudest things I've had. You get that though, so its fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I think a couple of things said to me on the forum are the rudest things I've had. You get that though, so its fine.
    Actually i agree with you there. I have had some very hurtful things said to me on here. I just put them behind me now and ignore those few people.

And same with fb. I am not going on there anymore except to visit one group which is keeping me motivated with my house work and thats it. I am avoiding everyone and everything but that one group on fb for awhile now.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    In Thailand in a department store I had a sales person approach me and hand me a box of teeth whitening product! :O
    I was upset for ages after that wondering what strangers thought of my teeth (normal by the way, just a little spotty from too much antibiotics as a child).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nikki83 View Post
    I haven't had too many bad comments,

Just "oh she's small isn't she" about my DD, no she's in the 90th percentile for her age but was born with lots of hair so people assume shes older.

My sister has had lots of nasty comments, she was 20 when she had her DD and would always get people coming up to her at the shops saying
    "oh another baby bonus baby", "such a shame another teenage mother" etc
    My sister is 27, she had hodgkins disease (which is cancer in the lymph nodes) at 20 and was told 1 ovary was so scarrd the eggs were stuffed and the other they sliced the good bit so when she wanted children she could go through IVF.
    She got pregnant in December due to not using protection because she didnt think she could get pregnant (must have forgotten about STI's) and is on/off with FOB. When we were in a baby shop and I had my DS, the shop man said something about us being in our 20's and she said 'she's not in her 20's she is only just 19' and then said 'but I am, i'm 27' and he said 'oh, well atleast you PICKED a good age to have a baby' and did a 'tut tut' in my direction. Then he saw my engagement ring and said 'honey, no one is going to think any higher of you when they find out your pretending to be getting married, take the silly ring off'. I told him i would send him some wedding photos after the wedding.

I laughed so hard that he assumed that because i was young my pregnancy was unplanned and i am single and because she was in her late 20's that hers was planned and she is partnered!

From a friend - I was at my sisters house with 2 of my sisters and a friend, her DS and my DS. I was bfing DS and when i was burping him he was kicking my va-jayjay.

My friend saw this and after i finished burping him and i attached him on the other side, it would have been 5 plus minutes of burping because he gets really bad wind, she said "he must have been trying to retrace his steps".

None of us understood what she ment so we all said "what?" and she said "oh thats right, he didnt come out of there, you had a csection".

She had baited us to ask her "what?" so she could bring up again that i had a CS. I said "Yeah, doesnt everything look better with a sunroof?"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Worst I had was from my midwife at my first antenatal appointment for DS, upon finding out I wasn't married "oh. Why'd you keep the baby then? I'll send your file through to the social workers."

At the hardware store when 5 months pregnant with DS, I got from the check out girl "oh when are they due" just told her it was 1 and not for another 4 months. (I pop really early)

From my DP, as a joke but hormones made me sensitive when preg with DS. "youll be skinny once the kid comes out Yeh?"

Saturday just gone, was at a cafe inside a dutch shop. I'm dutch DP isn't but we're keen to keep my culture with DS, now 14 months. He eats a lot of the national food. Loves it on fact. Anyway, there is a particular lolly called Drop. It's basically like licorice. You can get different flavours, but most commonly you just buy either sweet or salty. Anyways, we're sitting waiting for our food so I open a box of sweet drop I just purchased and give one to DS. A lady at the next table says to me "is that, that salty licorice stuff" Me "well its drop, yes, but its the sweet one, not the salty one." She (to her friends "thats called drop. It's salty licorice" (then to DS) "dont eat that. The salt will kill your kidney" DP (a little taken back, so says sarcastically) "well he has two, besides he can have one of mine anyway" She (to DP) "NO! He needs a kidney. You're not even dutch" Me "Well I am, I've had these by the box load since a child and have perfect kidneys and sodium levels... And they're the SWEET ones." Odd. They're only very small and he gets one or two once in a blue moon.

Also, ones on behalf of other mums.

My mum when I was a few weeks old and she had severe PND, she was at the shops alone, in an elevator when a man walks into it. He waited for the doors to close then "Hi. So how much for the baby?" Probably an innocent joke but horrible one and she didn't stick around to find out.

Also, an exDPs mum when he was a few weeks old, and he was her first. A vacuum cleaner salesman came round. She had 'just' unpacked the cot mattress that morning. He barged in and proceeded to 'show' her how dirty it was with his rigged vacuum cleaner. Then proceeded to berate her about being a horrible mother and how dare she let an innocent baby sleep on that mattress. Needless to say, her DH came home during this, saw his wife in tears and had a few words of his own to the salesman.

Sorry for long post. People just make me mad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just remembered a couple more.

I am a little on the larger side and used to often get mistaken as pregnant (although funnily enough never when I WAS pregnant!)

I went to a party a few years ago (one that i didn't want to be at in the first place) and i was wearing a loose-ish top and a woman who I have only met once before came running up to me and squealed "OMG look at you! Look at that belly! Congratulations!" and proceeded to rub my belly. Humiliated, I told her I wasn't pregnant and could she please lower her voice, to which she kept rubbing (despite the fact it was really flabby) and shouted even louder "Don't lie! It's so obvious! You must be so excited! OMG! Everybody look at this! *** and *** are having a baby!!!" and I called back "False alarm people, no baby, just a load of fat. Thank you so very much for pointing that out, ******!" and walked off wishing the ground would open up & swallow me!

***How's my spelling? Call 1800 iPhone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gees, that's horrendous
    Last time I was pg, it was super obvious and strangers would come up and touch my belly and ask when I was due. I am really uncomfortable with touching so I'd just say "yeh not pregnant but thanks". Made me smile.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunaticity For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (17-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So my twin girls were born 16Weeks early and are still in NICU.

Saw a friend of my mums in the shops and she was asking how they were going etc.
    I said they're going pretty good no major hassles considering they were given a 30% chance of survival.

Her reply. 'well aslong as you get to atleast take one home'..........

Seriously? WTF? I felt sick immediately and walked away,

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I lost one of my twins at 16 weeks pregnant the lady in the ED bed next to me told me not to be upset and just to concentrate on the one that was still alive. I'm sure she meant it as good advice but I asked hubby to close the separating curtain. A lovely nurse who overheard beat him to it though.

Sorry, I'm iPhone-lexic