+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeganMum View Post
    I had one similar to that when I told my friend I was pregnant she said "well you know what you have to do" as in have an abortion, I was like "no I don't!"
    wow, this just reminded me of what my ex-MIL said to me and ex-DP when she found out we were having a baby...

We went through the process of telling my parents we were pregnant, they weren't happy (we were only 18/19 at the time) but said they'd support us no matter what, then we told ex-DP's sister and she was stoked. Told his dad- he refused to speak to either of us again (was about 2 weeks i think he stopped talking to us), spoke to his mum and she 'was furious', my parents called her and then called me back to tell me not to talk to her for a few days because she had asked my parents to tell us to abort DD.

I spoke to my ex-MIL about it later on and she confirmed she said that, even now when DD is 4.5yr she still tells me that i should have aborted DD and never had her.

WTF? how could you ask ur son to abort his baby? ask your future DIL to abort her baby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The rudest one for me from memory was when I was in a lift with my first bub, he was probably 1-2yo. A lady got in the lift with me, gave me an obviously filthy look, tut-tutted and shook her head and said-
    "oh it's terrible."
    Me- what's terrible?
    Her- you teenage GIRLS! Kids having kids you are! Terrible!
    Me- erm actually I'm 21.
    Her. Oh. Well. You don't look it! You look about 15!
    Me- yeah well I'm 21 and I'm also married.
    Her- *rushes out of lift* LOL.

I also get the "are they to the same father" comments because my eldest is darker like his dad and my 2 youngest are fair like me. I've even had someone say in a really 'I'm sorry to hear that' kind of voice- "oh.... is your eldest's dad lebanese?".... Um no he's not, yes they have the same dad and if he was lebanese why would that be a problem???

Stupid people!

Babbsys Girl is offline ~ A hug is a great gift - one size fits all, and it's easy to exchange. ~
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my gosh i dont even think i can remember everything that was said to me..

Here are ones i do remember..

When i was pregnant i was made to feel really insecure about my size. When i was past 30 weeks thats when peoples, especially customers would comment. One man asked if i was pregnant and i said yes he then asked how long i had left i think i said 2 months and he said "wow are you having twins??" and then another day a lady needed help with a particular wine and we got to talking and she asked how far along i was and when i said she said "wow you are TINY!!" I left work at 34 weeks and i remember my last shift a lady who i served quite often came in and shouted "you haven't had the baby yet??" and i was always told that i looked like i was about to pop.. ohh all those comments were so annoying and made me feel terrible.

Then when DD was born she was really unsettled one day in woolies so i got her out of the pram, she had no socks on but she was warm and i had a blanket around her and an older lady came over to me and yelled "oh take her home and put some clothes on her!" i just stood there. Another time i gave DD a bottle while i was waiting for DP to come out of a shop so she would have had to be atleast 4 months or so and this lady came over to me and started rambling "i see young parents these days and it angers me how they are doing it all wrong.... they should be breastfeeding not using these disgusting bottles.." oh that reminds me when one of my co workers lectured me about not BF..

Just last week i had DD in the child seat of a trolley and i was outside the post office when i overheard a group of eldering women talking and one said "oh how inappropriate that baby is FAR too small to be in that trolley!" its because DD is so small that people dont believe shes almost 11 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was at a funeral with 4mth DS and had an old lady do a cross with her finger on DS' forehead and say a blessing after yelling at me for not having him baptized

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmingup****** View Post
    What I was doing was classed as abuse (breastfeeing) at her age because I'm allowing her to suck on my breasts when there was no nutritional need now she can have food and no need to do so for comfort since most by her age (2 1/2) can be without bottles and dummies by then so it's s exual abuse plain and simple and she will call child safety on me :/

Oh and I'm warped to not allow her any contact with her father
    I always get crap from my dp's mother and nan about still breastfeeding. The last time i seen them his nan said i didn't need to be doing it because she gets nothing out of it and should be on cows milk. They all also give me crap about not allowing her to eat bad foods (i do let her have 'bad foods', but in small portions and when i feel she deserves it).
    DD is now 21 months and around the same time as her 2nd birthday i'll be going back to see both our families and i know i'm going to get more crap for still bfeeding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    The rudest one for me from memory was when I was in a lift with my first bub, he was probably 1-2yo. A lady got in the lift with me, gave me an obviously filthy look, tut-tutted and shook her head and said-
    "oh it's terrible."
    Me- what's terrible?
    Her- you teenage GIRLS! Kids having kids you are! Terrible!
    Me- erm actually I'm 21.
    Her. Oh. Well. You don't look it! You look about 15!
    Me- yeah well I'm 21 and I'm also married.
    Her- *rushes out of lift* LOL.
    Omg this happened to me! I was shopping with my Bestie and our 2 kids (who were born 2 months apart but are the same size) who were about 12 months old at the time. This woman asked my Bestie why she let her daughter get pregnant with twins at such a young age! We both kind of stood there going huh? It turned out, she thought my Bestie, who is only 30, was my mum and that the boys were her grandsons! And she estimated my age at 15, when I was 22! We were both too in shock to say much, and my poor friend cried her eyes out when we left at the thought of something thinking she was a grandmother! She doesn't look that old either!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is 3 and a half and thankfully i've not had any rude comments.. Some annoying ones but certainly not rude

Thanks
    Reviews
    The rudest comment I've ever gotten was from my fiancé's nan, but was said to him, not me.
    We had gone to visit her with our first baby, for the first time.. He was only about 2 or 3 months old.
    She was talking to him about the sister of a friend of his who had recently gotten married. After talking about the wedding, and the husband, she said to my partner (we weren't yet engaged at that time) "you should have married her".
    There was me, sitting right there, his newborn in my arms, wishing that we were to be married, and I felt totally dissed and about this >< big.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well its not baby related and it wasnt said to me but i was there
    I was in the city with my friend and it was a really hot day and this man said to her as we were crossing the road 'oh its really hot today isnt it, you must have a sweaty box' what do you say to that

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Fox For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had too many bad comments,

Just "oh she's small isn't she" about my DD, no she's in the 90th percentile for her age but was born with lots of hair so people assume shes older.

My sister has had lots of nasty comments, she was 20 when she had her DD and would always get people coming up to her at the shops saying
    "oh another baby bonus baby", "such a shame another teenage mother" etc