+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    when my ds1 was 5 days old I was walking out of Target in the city when a woman stopped me dead by asking loudly "what's wrong with your baby?" of course I freaked and looked into the pram just to see my peacefully sleeping baby. I told her nothing was wrong with him, he is just sleeping and her reply
    "that's not a real baby!"

I argued with her for a bit then I ran my finger down his cheek so he would move just to prove he was real and she goes "oh I thought it was one of those dolls all you teenagers have now days"

I walked away not knowing if I should laugh or cry.. way to scare the crap out of a new mum psycho lady

eta - oh and about a month ago an old guy in the line behind me at the supermarket had a look at my 3 boys then smiled and me and said "about time someone bought you a tv hey"
    Being all sleep deprived and not entirely on the ball it didn't actually register what he'd meant until I walked out of the shop.. it was nearly xmas time so I assumed he was talking about that lol.. damn it, I would've loved to have said "yeah and it's about time someone bought you some manners"

Last edited by Mod-Myztik; 31-05-2011 at 17:03.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymonster View Post
    Ohh and another one from my sister after I told her I was seeing my gf "thats discusting.. Do u really think thats good for your ds?"

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Bubhub
    well if no MAN wants 'used goods' ;p

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't believe how cruel and mean people can be
    The only remark i can think of from a stranger was the day after i had dd. I was in my room at the hospital happily breastfeeding her (it came very easy for me and had no problems with it at all) and a midwife walked in and gave me a dirty look and said 'you're doing it all wrong' and walked over to me, repositioned dd and walked out. And the way she did it made it painful for me. I was so angry.
    Which reminds me of what my ob had said to me at my six week check up while he was feeling my stomach 'i see you still have your jelly belly'.
    I really feel for all you women, i can't imagine what it would feel like for a total stranger to judge your parenting. It's just wrong

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh just remembered one.

During an antenatal visit while pregnant with DD2 the midwife was feeling my stomach and remarks "Gee you really have some bad stretchmarks don't you' - Yeah i'm well aware, thanks.

Also i was in emergency having a miscarriage and a dr saw my stomach and said "What happened to your stomach, your scars" - i snapped back "haven't you ever seen stretchmarks before??' (or something like that)- seriously, surely a dr knows about stretchmarks? granted mine are pretty wide but geez.

Another midwife also said my stretchmarks around my belly button looked like a butterfly and kept going on about it - she was trying to be nice (i think) but still i hate when my stretchmarks are pointed out by medical staff - makes me feel like i'm a freak if mine are so bad they can't help comment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh, isnt it sad sometimes that there are such rude people in the world.

One instance that sticks in my head, to be repeatedly replayed, so the hurt is continued and never erased is when I was at the medical centre with DD.

She was around 1.5 years old, not walking (bottom shuffling), visually impaired (eyes wiggled every now and then), one side of her body bit bigger than the other. I never treated her differently and treated her like she was normal (as much as possible). And to me, being my first, she was no different, I knew no better really.

I overheard a lady talking about DD, mind you she wasnt talking quietly and was close to us, say that "theres something wrong with that little girl, thats not normal"

It was the first time that I really truly realised that other people noticed she had developmental problems. I was so disheartened because I thought she wasn't too noticeably different.

Now she's also been diagnosed on the ASD Spectrum, so I get the "naughty little girl" and "mentally disabled" nonsence. Elderly people in particular just dont seem to get it.

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    *sigh* I had yet another lovely one today. I had 4yo DS1 and 2yo DD2 & DS2 at the chiro, it was lunchtime, we were rushed as I had forgotten about the appt and we almost didn't make it on time (which alway puts DS1 out of whack - he needs warning about what is going on). He was going a bit crazy, but my chiro is VERY child friendly, with a whale kids adjusting table (Wilson the Whale - they had a comp for the kids to name him) and a toy room all set up for kids. Trying to wrangle all 3 after our appt while I paid and made new appts was proving difficult as they kept running up the stairs.
    There was a cranky old biddy (my appologies for the rude language about her, but she was too rude for me to care) loudly declares to the receptionist and the other 2 people in the waiting room 'anyone have some ear plugs' and then she glared at me! I was already struggling with the kids and then to have her say that, so publicly was so humiliating! They quickly ushered her into a room and helped me out to the car, as both receptionists could see I was upset by it. When someone is obviously already struggling - WHY be so rude as to publicly shame them?? Rude old lady!! The receptionist (who has a 6yo) said not to worry, they were just being kids and Mrs E doesn't like children at all! Made me cry though, the old bat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    the worst and rudest i have is when DD was about 2 1/2 i had to get a xray done and the lady behind the counter asked me if i took the right child home from the hospitial when she was a baby because DD is blond hair/blue eyed and i have hazel eyes and (at the time) black hair, DH has black hair and brown eyes...

DH isn't DD's father, her natural father is blue eyed/blond hair. I have naturally blonde hair and blue eyes run in my family.

I thought that was incredibly rude.

Another time i was told it was a shame that DD was born out of wedlock (by a religious lady who came to my door), she then perceided to tell DD that she would go to hell for being a b*stard child. This was when she was 3!.

finally, i've been told several times that i shouldn't have a child because i couldnt make it work with her father and any problems created are all my fault. The reason things didnt work with her father is because after i got pregnant he became abusive so i left to PROTECT her!

Grrr! some people are so pig headed and short sighted!

Casey88 is offline Life is made up of years that mean nothing, and moments that mean everything.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow some of these things are horrible!!

I have had my fair share too...

When DD1 was a baby I was sitting on the bench outside a shop feeding her a bottle as I couldn't BF after 5 weeks because my milk had dried up. But and old man came up to me and asked why I wasn't BFing and that Breat is best and I shouldn't have given up etc etc and just kept carrying on about it and in the end I just had to get up and walk away.

I am also constantly getting stared at for having 2 kids with less that 2year between them and for being a young mum as I look younger than what I am.

But my worst by far was a few weeks ago and made by a child health nurse!!
    She told me that my dd1 (who had just turned 2) "needed to be at weight watchers" and that dd2 "needed to go on a diet" (she was 6 weeks old) and then went on to tell me that dd1's speech was underdeveloped and I HAD to take her to playgroup and i HAD to take her to library time to improve it etc.... I walked out and called my mum balling my eyes out crying. Mum then went and called her and gave her a stern talking to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What I was doing was classed as abuse (breastfeeing) at her age because I'm allowing her to suck on my breasts when there was no nutritional need now she can have food and no need to do so for comfort since most by her age (2 1/2) can be without bottles and dummies by then so it's s exual abuse plain and simple and she will call child safety on me :/

Oh and I'm warped to not allow her any contact with her father

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm, I've had a few.

I had my 'grandmother in law' (after meeting her for the first time) accuse me of being with my husband to pay for my breast implants. I don't have breast implants.

I had my mother in law accuse me of being 'a life size barbie doll' hanging off my husband's arm and that the moment I 'de-barbified' he would dump me. Thanks.

Not really strangers, but it was worse than strangers I think. I can never work out how people can be so mean.

Oh and then on this forum I had somebody imply I wasn't worthy of home ownership because I have Chrone's Disease and we are hence, a single income family. That was nasty. I was very taken aback.