+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Rudest Thing a Stranger has said to you

regarding your children/parenting?

Mine would have to be a woman in a parents room who saw my sons mongolian birthmark and said 'I find it disgusting anyone would smack such a young baby and it would take more than a hand to leave bruises like that'.

What's yours?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was wheeling out my son from the pool to the park and i had sunnies on.My ds didn't as he recently lost them.A stranger said to me "oh it's ok for you to have sunnies on, isn't it?".

My dad when learning that that i wasn't going to circ ds said "oh thats a shame".

Someone (can't recall who) when finding out i was pregnant as a single mum remarked that my child was going to be a "*******'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When a man (who was an ob) I met at a bday party told me I was poisoning my son when I was giving him a bottle of EBM. I was recovering from a traumatic labour, I wasn't able to breastfeed, and I had sever post natal anxiety at the time - What a fool! He also went on to tell me that women shouldn't get upset when they m/c because its a natural part of life Thank heavens he wasn't my ob!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    'how could you do that to yourself' came from a stranger when they discovered the kids are triplets & not twins +1.

Wanted to slap her into next week.

It's my phone & I'll cry if I want to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    "you will need to get tweezers to her eyebrows straight away" from a lady at the chemist who then went on to tell me she was a foster carer My dd is only 9.5mnths!!! She has blonde hair almost white and has the cutest perfect little eyebrows, of course she has a few strays shes a baby!

Then went onto have a dig at my 3 year old son who got really upset and then she told him your mother is horrible and needs to teach you what a joke is!

Another time... "Do they have the same father" umm hello they look exactly the same only different gender and they dont look a thing like me!
    Last edited by 1CrazyMoose; 30-05-2011 at 14:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Probably the good old 'was it planned?' 'are you still with the father?' questions when I was pregnant & had a newborn.

Even at the table with DP there being asked if he was his baby - WTF?!?!

I know why people ask that of young mums... Because when I was 20-21 I was too timid and respectful of my ELDERS to say anything rude back but now I'd probably tell them where to shove it. so of course nobody asks me any more! (I'm clearly old and respectable now @ 23)

When someone asked me for the 2nd time I'd been asked if I was Jasper's nanny I wished I'd been quick enough to say 'no no he's mine and are you the grandmother?' *sigh* bit slow that day. Lol
    Last edited by Boobycino; 30-05-2011 at 14:37.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

withloveandlimits  (20-08-2012)

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Three things -

Few weeks ago first time ever , my dh was adamant we put a monkey backpack / lead thingy on ds . He LOVES walking , loves it, but runs away very quickly constantly and we both actually find it crueler to restrain him in a pram when he hates it . Gave him a trial run at home, walked him down to the local park , we agreed if he pulled on it like he wanted it off , or he seemed to dislike it we were chucking it out . He LOVED it ! He wouldn't have even known it was there , made my heart melt watching him strut around like a little man thinking he was going anywhere HE wanted :-) . I was so nervous about judgment using it at the shops .

Within a minute of walking in to the shops an old man came up to me , tapped me extremely hard on the shoulder and screamed in my face " why aren't you wearing on of those HA??? " **sob** I made dh take it off immediately , started crying and we went home ( we were meant to be there for lunch , it was mothers day )

2- heavily pregnant , packing my shopping onto the conveyor belt while ds 13 months old was in the trolley , the man behind me looked at my belly , then said so rudely " don't you think you should have waited abit, now wasn't that silly " . **sob again**

3- last Friday . Terrible day , both kids crying , unsettled and so miserable . Drive down to the shops so I could take them for a walk around the outside of the shops as I'm terrified of dogs and too scared to walk around my estate . They were rugged up like mummies , clothes beanies scarves blankets , pram canopy over shielding them etc . As soon as I got pushing they were both so much calmer and settled . A man in a business suit walking toward me makes eye contact and starts to head straight to me while looking at the kiddies . Proud mother I am I stupidly assume he may be about to comment on how cute they look or something . Nope, instead he barks at me " I'm FREEZING . So how the hell do you think your poor kids feel ?" I felt so low . Like most neglectful mother of the year . My day was already so yucky and that just topped it off . Yes , ** sob** again.

Morons all three of them :-(
    Last edited by heeeeerekittykitty; 30-05-2011 at 14:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG hkk What absolute wastes of spaces!! All 3 of them!!

I keep getting asked (mainly by extended family members) WHY my 15 month old son is not in daycare yet. The comments range from "he needs interaction with other kids" to "don't you need a break from him yet" to "well he's not a baby anymore, so shouldn't you be thinking of going back to work??" . I usually don't answer and roll my eyes before walking away.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkzy For This Useful Post:

ConfettiGirl  (31-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The worst time would have been when I had just had DS1 he was only a few weeks old and I had no freaking clue what I was doing (still don't ) anyway, I had to do lodge forms to centrelink, DS was really unsettled, A lady that worked there came up to me and said, "can you please shut your son up, he's disturbing everyone in the building" she made me cry, I thought I was doing something wrong, luckily my mum was with me and gave her a piece of her mind after she over heard her speaking to another person about how the younger generation have no clue on how to be a good parent.

I've had a few rude comments while breastfeeding aswell,

One time when I was on a bus DS1 was unsettled and wanted a feed, (i was breastfeeding at the time) so i did the natural thing and started to feed him, it was the middle of summer and freaking hot and an older lady asked if i wanted her to pass me the blanket I had hung over the pram to cover up, I politely said no thankyou (as I was getting off in a couple of stops, and because it was extremely hot) she turned around and said, well I dont think the whole bus wants to see that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The lady behind the counter at Medicare - "what possessed you to have two so close together?!".

Umm... None of your business! I just replied "it's what we wanted and the girls will be best of friends".

When I was pregnant with DD1, at my very first on appointment DH got asked by the ob 3 times! if he was around/in town on 'x' date! Thankfully, that ob left soon after to go to Ethiopia - bet he doesn't ask that question there!

HereKittyKitty - that sucks!! Stupid silly people... xx

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub (because either my laptop is flat, or I'm snuggled up in bed)!