+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aw u guys give me hope
    my own mil is great
    and my ex mil was alright when ex and i were together and now as a separated mil she really is great.
    I've been very lucky.
    my in family is a different story though...
    Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    LOVE my MIL. She is so aweseome.

What makes her great, is that she is there in a flash whenever we need her, but respects the fact that I am very self sufficient and not one to ask for help. She loves my DH and me, and our grandchildren so very very much, I know without a doubt she'd be in HEAVEN if I was one of those women who needed constant support, but she respects that I am not, and is not in my face at all.

She drives my DH crazy, coz she's still his mum, and she still treats him like a norti boy sometimes... haha.. which he is. But she doesn't do that to me at all!

Oh, ETA, I do sometimes struggle with her perfection. She's just the absolutely perfect housewife. Her house is always so clean, she cooks lovely meals, she still works hard 5 days a week. My house has never been and will never be like hers, and even though she doesn't say anything to me about it, I do get the constant guilts knowing she probably looks at my house and thinks "ew". But at least she doesn't say anything. I sometimes kinda wish she wasn't so damn perfect, but hey, that's my problem not hers.
    Last edited by CazHazKidz; 13-03-2012 at 13:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    500 kilometers?

Ok seriously i think probably mutual respect and understanding.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to laurea For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (13-03-2012)

earthfairy is offline Winner 2009 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    In Antarctica for 12 months.... I mean Tassie!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    When your MIL takes your side when you have a fight with DH! Mine always does... it's awesome....when I say, but he's your son... she replies with "yes but he's still a man"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by earthfairy View Post
    When your MIL takes your side when you have a fight with DH! Mine always does... it's awesome....when I say, but he's your son... she replies with "yes but he's still a man"
    I f k n wish my mil would take my side. If anything ..l she tries to break us up.. Brainwash much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by spitthedummy View Post
    I love my mother inlaw, we get along, great, shes a lovely lady and we have never ever had any problems my sil on the other and, well thats a whole otheR story!!
    Lol I know how u feel... Xcept I have the whole family against me ... You how when you and your partner have a break, and then get back together... Yeah well.. Apparently it involves the whole family.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I HAD the best MIL in the world. She was the perfect example of a good MIL

She was so so kind, caring, loving, understanding, would call me for no reason just for a chat, would cook me my favourite meals on Sundays, she knew my favourite colour, she knew my favourite drink, she took the time and she never once butt in my relationship. She was a cross between a sister and a best friend *sigh* I can only dream of her now as I am no longer with her son and my current DH and the ex's current DW would not be comfortable us remaining friends. Fair enough

NOW I have the MIL from hell I feel punished She is horrible. I just want to cry all the time with her. She has nearly broken my marriage

Thanks
    Reviews
    My MIL and I definitely started off on the wrong foot.
    My DH (boyfriend at the time) snuck me into the house and well... Disaster struck.
    However, I apologised repeatedly and I was forgiven but not accepted.
    Long story short, I found out I was pregnant, told my parents, got kicked out, moved in with DH and his mother.
    Everything is so much better now since DH and I got married and had DD. She finally realised we were in a serious relationship and I wasnt some girl that wanted to sleep around with her son. So I guess its just a matter of time and understanding that makes a great MIL.
    And second chances

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry need to vent.

My partner and I had a fight last weekend... And she decided to tell her family about it of course making me look bad, when it was my partner was treating me like **** and I'm sure that they know that deep down they just side with her cuz "blood is thicker than water".

Apparently just just all *****ed about me and all that **** and not one person rang me to see if I was ok, or just anything.

Mind you I do like everything for this family, I baby sit the kids for my sister in law like all the time, we're up there every weekend.

I sent my mother in law a face inbox saying..... Thanks

Like meaning you know thank for nothing, your meant to be my mother in law, so much for family.

So on we'd my mother in law posted On face book on Wednesday night, "still waiting for an apology mmmm" I'm assuming this was meant for me, and so my ****ed up. Sister in law comments " from some people that just aren't worth the air we breathe"

What a dead set *****. This family is like ..... Or minute they are nice to you when they need something,but then when there is a fight or something your the worst person in the world.

So I decided that two can play this game, and I liked my sister in laws status LOL. Now they will know that I saw it.

Funny thing is my mother in laws, sister in law commented as well and said dont worry your awsomexx to my mother in law.. It was only 2 months ago that the whole family hated her two when she was fighting with her husband (mother in laws brother) ..... They are so two faced with double standards. I can see it every time there is a fight in the family... Just now the **** is on me.

Weird thing is my mother in law SMS me last night cuz my partner went to the football with her, and they must have talked. And said

"just was me calling mate, sorry for the para week I just want the best for you, I went for my massage today it was great thank you sooooo much"

(I bought her a relaxation massage for her birthday, cux I'm such a good daughter in law)

Wtf ......

I haven't replied cuz I'm kinda done wasting my time with them. And I'm not asking for the world from me either. Just support. I'm a woman too.. All I want is for my sister in law and mother in law to you know be there for me a little bit.

But they're not like that.

What do I do ... I'm the type of person who thinks about it too much and gets upset cuz I just wanna please everyone... Maybe I should be a little bit more like my sister in law... Man she is hard core. If only you could meet her. Not once has she ever thanked me or my partner for the years of baby sitting we have done

Thanks
    Reviews
    dp's mother is awesome. really easy goin. ds has a different father but she accepted him wid open arms n treats him like dd. 1st time i met her,we ended up havin a big drinkin session b4 i fell pregnant wid dd. thats how well we get along