+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer50238 View Post
    I can tell you what not to do!!
    My MIL spends her time when she is here gathering information about me to take away do she can b!tch about me to the rest of her family/friends. She's even tried to whinge to my own mother about me.
    She still thinks her son is a child, even though he is 27 and a father. She and her husband still try to 'parent' him which means they try to tell us what to do with our lives. Sorry, I am a 30 year old woman with a career and family of my own!!
    She often says things like 'she(me) makes him spend all this money' etc, when I don't tell him what to do at all.

She is jealous of the relationship I have with my husband and hates it when he does lovely things/spoils me.
    Ugh, she is a big hassle in my life at the moment, can you tell??
    I'm in the same boat ... I've moved 100 kms away with my DP and still this goes on ...
    Facebook doesn't help it when she is stalking my page every day seeing what to find out about me. I purposely write stuff now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by millsmum View Post
    i think my mil is great because she lives interstate and never visits.
    I guess i would like her more if she lived on another continent.
    Sorry sad but true- she is a sore point at the moment.
    Haha this one made my day lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last edited by Mrs E; 31-05-2012 at 16:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My MIL is great! She offers support and advice, is there when I need her and is definitely not overbearing. I have a great relationship with my PIL's. They call me often and visit even when DF is working and I really enjoy their company.
    I also love how they have taken on my DD's (who aren't biologically DF's but he is their Dad as far as everyone is concerned) as their first grandchildren, spoiling them and help look after them if needed. My SIL is the same.
    I really do love all my inlaws!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post
    My MIL is great! She offers support and advice, is there when I need her and is definitely not overbearing. I have a great relationship with my PIL's. They call me often and visit even when DF is working and I really enjoy their company.
    I also love how they have taken on my DD's (who aren't biologically DF's but he is their Dad as far as everyone is concerned) as their first grandchildren, spoiling them and help look after them if needed. My SIL is the same.
    I really do love all my inlaws!
    You're truly blessed ... I wish I had a in law family like u have. I'm jealous lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really like my MIL, I think the thing is that she needs to respect you & your relationship with her son. And the way you parent your children. And she doesn't try to act like a mother to me - more of a friend.
    MIL does offer advice but at the end of the day she won't impose it on us, and if I say it won't happen, she won't do it.

Admittedly I haven't always been amused about some of her ideas... like her wanting to be at the hospital when I was in labour. yeah noooo...luckily FIL stepped in there as well as DF in saying that we should have some space until we wanted visitors and although she was a little upset, she got over it.
    She does want to hold DD all the time, but since they live several hours away & don't see her that often I usually let it go unless DD wants to be on the floor playing, and MIL will bring DD to me if she gets upset.

The only other thing is MIL buying what I think are ghastly outfits for DD lol...
    But, I let it go, MIL adores DD - first grandchild & a girl (MIL had 3 boys & really wanted a girl) and I'm happy & lucky that she isn't a nutcase like so many & that I can get along with her fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessandmeltrappel View Post
    You're truly blessed ... I wish I had a in law family like u have. I'm jealous lol
    I think they are making up for my ex's family, some of them (especially his mum!) were awful lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Opposite of what Marie (from Raymond) is.

One that is not overbearing interfering.

I like my MIL, she's got her peculiarities, but that's just her, and she doesn't impose that on us given that we live >200km away. When we visit those peculiarities provide us and the skids some entertainment. Good thing is she doesn't interfere nor intrude. The other two DIL's that she has who live within 25km of her don't get along with her, one doesn't even speak to her, and I can't grasp why. She seems like a nice old lady who's just very set in her ways, I suppose because we don't see her much, we just tolerate it when we do see her, but she's not an overbearing person at all. Maybe they think she's passive aggressive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not playing favorites with your children then grand children!!

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That she doesn't live in the same country as us No no just kidding
    My MIL is a just a really nice caring, accepting person. I really love that her and FIL consider DS1 (from a previous relationship) their grandson and will show off photos of him just like they do with DS2. Brings a tear to my eye actually.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast