+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There will be a 3yr 4 month age gap when this one is born. I wouldn't have been able to do them much closer...

dillydAlly is offline --> The most precious princess in all the land :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 9 weeks at the moment and DD is 18months..... I am incredibly lucky that DD has a great bond with her daddy and that he works from home 3 days a week so he looks after her while I struggle on! I know she is watching way more tele than I would like ATM but until this passes (if ever) I just can't play with her! I also have DD at Daycare one day a week so I know she has fun.... I kinda spend all my week gearing up for my 3 days a week work...... I am taking Zofran as well which is kinda helping .....

Hats off to all of us who are strong enuf to suffer through just for the sake of our babies!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sickness has not been so bad to be hospitalized but I did spend a lot of days hanging over the sink while DS (13months) screamed at
    My feet.. I've spent the past 12-13 weeks on the lounge just trying to keep it together. Alergic to maxalon and stemitil, zofran was our only option and cruely it did not work!
    Having family near by but unable to help as they all worked etc was really hard.. My mum was a 5 min drive away but I couldn't call her.. My worst thing is changing DS nappies.. I can't go near him when he has a dirty or even a wet one, so first thing in the morning when he'd gone overnight was my worst nightmare! I'd start retching as soon as I opened the door! I'd have to wipe in between running to the sink to chuck. He would absolutely bawl as I ran off and its really hard to stop chucking with a distraght pooey child at your feet!
    I'd seriously recommend waiting till your first is two or more.. I am lucky my DH moved to afternoon shift so he has changed every nappy during the day for 5 weeks now. I only panic as he leaves for work and I've got DS on my own again... It's no way to live!
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the responses ladies.... makes me sad we have to go through such horrible pregnancies... Best of luck to those who are pregnant and well done to those who went back the 2nd time knowing what you were in for!

Your comments have made me realise I should wait awhile and by the sound of it if DD was potty trained that might be better (oh megs legs I feel so bad for you).

Im thinking we might hold out til DD is 2 before TTC again... although I am getting older so dont want to wait too long

Spoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoodge View Post
    Thanks for the responses ladies.... makes me sad we have to go through such horrible pregnancies... Best of luck to those who are pregnant and well done to those who went back the 2nd time knowing what you were in for!

Your comments have made me realise I should wait awhile and by the sound of it if DD was potty trained that might be better (oh megs legs I feel so bad for you).

Im thinking we might hold out til DD is 2 before TTC again... although I am getting older so dont want to wait too long

Spoo
    Thanks lovely xx
    Waiting till your dd is two sounds like a good plan, though sometimes you just cant explain that to your heart.
    Hope everything works out for you! Good luck with Ttc, whenever that will be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We won't start TTC until our daughter is ATLEAST 3, more likely closer to 4.
    But I had HG, a high tear in my waters at 25 weeks and preeclampsia resulting in her being delivered at 35w, so there is no way I could do pregnancy again until I know DD is old enough to cope if mummy is in hospital again (and that mummy would cope without her) she turns 2 in march and as much as I want another baby I'm not willing to risk not being there for DD yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing since I suffered hyperemesis only from 5 weeks to around 15 weeks but it was such a debilitating time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had it really bad with DD1. We fell pregnant accidently with DD2 when we were not planning on having another at all after everything that went wrong with DD1. They are 17.5 months apart. I wasn't as sick the second time around, but I was still very sick all day most days. I could at least walk around throwing up that time, compared to not being able to move with DD1 most days.

I ended up being really happy with the close age gap. Due to her age, DD1 was happily occupied with small things, like painting would take up hours of her fun. Feeding I let her go crazy in her high chair then would give her a bath which could take 1-2 hours lol. So it was easy to be a hermit with DD1 being so young and happy to just have me around. Cons were the times I would be throwing up, unable to move in the morning and I would hear DD start crying and I couldn't get her until my throwing up episode. Those were a few low moments because she was too young to explain to wait until I stop throwing up my bile etc.

I am now 23 weeks with #3. We found out I was pregnant after DD2's 2nd birthday and didn't plan such a big age gap, but it really has been SO much easier. I am even less sick this time around, and I think I stopped feeling constantly sick around 20 weeks. Now I just throw up if I haven't eaten or if something smells bad or if I am tired. Having a 3.5 year old and a 2 year old for the worse bits was much easier than having one 9month to 15 month old for the hard parts. For one, I explained I was ok and Mummy was throwing up because the baby growing can make you feel sick, so after the first few days they would ignore me and keep playing as I threw up. They also had a little compassion most of the time, so if I was throwing up they would wait for me to get them their food for example, until I had finished in the bathroom. (DD1 as a baby would be screaming for her food as I threw up because making it made me feel horrible). A little bit more of an age gap means they could also help themselves to easy things in the fridge that I had set up for them, so I didn't have to constantly go to the kitchen, I would say things like "there is cut up apple in the fridge in the blue container" and I didn't have to watch every single thing they were getting into, because they were past the pulling apart the house stage and happily played with their toys. Which really, left me with a lot of time to be sick in peace, but a really messy house. That's the only part that suffered. DH picked up the slack thankfully.

So I would suggest at least a 2 year gap if you want it to be easier, however I got through worse with the 18 month gap and I really love their close age gap since DD2 was born! Of course, waiting until each baby was school aged would have been easiest, but for me the time goes so fast and I wasn't willing to have a 4-5 year gap when we want 4 kids in total, so at the end of the day, I would suggest having the age gap that your heart wants, because everything else can be worked out.

ps... this time around I bulk cooked meals before I got sick plus had DH bulk cooking meals and then freezing them into small containers. At really sick times, I would just grab them out of the freezer and it was a life saver to only tolerate the kitchen for 5 mins at each meal time, but still be giving my girls and myself good home cooked food. I also made sure I had snacks available that I knew made me feel better, like rice crackers next to my bed and a water bottle to have both asap when I woke up. It doesn't stop the vomiting, but it helped me not to feel like I was dying as I threw up.
    Last edited by TinyLittleTootsies; 28-01-2012 at 19:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, how timely is it that there was some recently comments on this thread... my DD is 2 next month and we are going to try for number 2 in the up coming month (ivf route for us). Im very excited but also just quietly a little anxious knowing what is infront of me if we are lucky enough to get pregnant again. Thanks for your post TinnyLittleTootsies makes me feel a little more comfortable with the age gap.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Spoodge For This Useful Post:

TinyLittleTootsies  (01-02-2012)