+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AgnesRonald&Beryl'sMum View Post
    That is awful..what I can't work out is...

how do they fake all the stuff? like how do they know all that information.
    Maybe I am stupid...but i would not know what happens to you when you have a disease or illness?

so do they search medical books?

its awful especially when others get sucked in to it.
    I think good ole google would be all they need these days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2darlingboys View Post
    Wow!
    That's horrible!

I hope there is no fakes on BH
    There has been, and I am sure there probably still is!

2 since I came to BH, one medical, one just odd.

I still wonder sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeggyMoo View Post
    They research their illness.
    but google lies!
    I mean I use google for DS's asthma and it lies! hahaha

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    but google lies!
    I mean I use google for DS's asthma and it lies! hahaha
    I guess if you go to a number of sources and find a concensus among some of them then thats the info you run with. The person I knew seemed to spin some pretty way out crap and I think that she was just bluffing and hoping that no one called her on it. After the fact people were comparing stories and she had told different things to different people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I hope this isnt in response to my earlier thread Lol

no definitely not

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it's very sad that people feel the need to do this, and I also find it really sad that it may stop people with genuine illness and in genuine need of support from reaching out online for that support.

Speaking of people in genuine need of support please checkout the 'can't wait' campaign highlighting inflammatory bowel disease
    www.cantwait.net.au

(mods please remove if not appropriate)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's really sad that there are people like that in the world

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is awful..what I can't work out is...

how do they fake all the stuff? like how do they know all that information.
    Maybe I am stupid...but i would not know what happens to you when you have a disease or illness?

so do they search medical books?

its awful especially when others get sucked in to it.
    I am thinking that they probably choose illnesses with a broad range of symptoms, for example it would be pretty easy to "fake" Multiple Sclerosis just because anything can pretty much be a symptoms. If you google "MS symptoms" you will find a list with at least 50 different things on it and most people only get a few of them at any given time.

I think a lot of these people probably "lurk" on a lot of those forums for a while before they spin their own story. They take bits and peices of what they have seen other members experience and use that to stitch together their own story. If you were really serious about it you could subscribe to medical journals etc and get information that is almost guaranteed to be factual.

I think a lot of people fabricate stories about their children suffering illnesses OR they exaggerate their child's illness for attention as well as create illnesses for themselves - this negates the need for them to fabricate additional people ie they can make all the updates themselves since it's their child that is in the coma etc and not them. How can you disprove that someone's child is sick just by looking at their facebook for example? They will just tell you that they are playing their games while their child is "in surgery" to take their minds off things etc.

I have my suspicions about a few people who I believe do this, I feel sorry for them mostly because they obviously need something they are not able to get through other means. I have 1 friend who mimics everything that goes on with my autistic son....if he has a bad day and I post on facebook about it then suddenly her child develops the exact same issue - her status update is usually just a re-worded version of mine. The thing that makes me really suspicious is that she peppers her posts about her child with jargon etc that you would expect in a medical book or website - not the usual words you would expect a struggling mother to use but then when someone asks what the word means she either doesn't explain or offers an inadequate explaination. .....I could be overly suspicious though! Her child has many other issues also....some life-threatening yet nothing in any of her photos etc seem to indicate that her child suffers any of these things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MeggyMoo View Post
    Similar happened here on bubhub a few years back, just after I signed up.
    \
    It was you wasnt it? hahaha

Everytime I read the title to this thread, Eminem's song Cleaning out my closet comes into my head lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    The most hurtful thing I have experienced regarding this is on another parenting website (big, multinational site) I belonged to a premmie parents group after my DD was born extremely premature. We had a woman on there who "apparently" delivered twins at 24 weeks and she really seemed to be struggling and we all reached out to her to offer help and support. People sent cards and even gifts to her home - we couldn't send gifts to the hospital because of the policy of not having anything that could introduce germs into the unit. I sent a mini scrapbook album with scrap book pages - it cost a reasonable amount and we were poor at the time and dealing with our own baby in NICU struggling to survive. She told us her son had died of infection and her daughter was battling severe entercolitus and was having surgery etc. Suspicions heightened when she came back to say she was pregnant AGAIN with a set of triplets - a mere 6 weeks after the birth of her twins via casearian. I can't remember much else but there all sorts of other red flags. The fact that she only ever updated her posts and never responded to anyone else. Anyway she was finally "outed" when someone decided to "dig" and found the ultrasound picture of "her" twins on an ultrasound site - she had blacked out the name and other details but on the site they said the US was done in 1997!!! She posted pictures of her babies in NICU but only the once - never any other pics after the first ones and we never saw the twins together - ie never 2 isolettes. The two babies, despite clearly being fraternal looked identical (ie we think it was the same baby), I think it was the US that clinched it for us - I mean if she really was pregnant why swipe an US off a website? When we questioned her on it she posted a big indignant post and then disappeared! I was incredibly hurt and can totally sympathise with anyone else who has been hurt by people like this!