+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didnt read the whole article but I think I get the idea. It's just s weird people that do this, they must have some serious issues going on.

Before I came to bubhub I was part of another parenting website they had a live chat on there and there was a handful of us who were really really close friends. There was myself and another lady who im still friends with 5 years going strong, and another girl we had made friends with she told us her name was Taylor. we were all pregnant at the same time spoke every single day either on chat or on the telephone, told each other everything, we pretty much became best friends over our pregnancies. After her baby (Autumn) was born 'prematurely' at 27 weeks it was basically a long year of things going from bad to worse for her and eventually just after the babies first birthday she died. or so we were told.

We had pictures from her and medical stories and everything for a long time seemed legit she even sent us videos, but about 6 weeks before the baby died I started getting sus of her, things weren't adding up, the size of the baby was changing and not consistent and just how far out there the stories were getting, so I told the other girls of the site, at first they didnt believe me and thought i was just being a heartless cow but after a little while they saw what I saw and we did some research.

Taylor didnt exist, Autumn never existed, the photos belonged to a lovely lady who had a blog about her micro preemie and we had been watching HER baby grow for a year. I confronted 'Taylor' as soon as I could and she admitted it, said she 'was' pregnant when we met her and that she lost the baby not long after but couldnt come to terms with telling us that she had lost the baby, so she fabricated the baby/stories and life the whole time. almost 2 years she did this for... its amazing what lengths people will go to it really is.

It was a really heartbreaking time for me and my other friend, we'd grown to love this girl and her baby and family thought that we got to know her and thought he had an amazing friend and it was all fake.

I still cannot understand why she did what she did to us, obviously she had some mental problems going on, but almost 2 years is a long long time to carry something like this on it just blows my mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow that is terrible!!!

DH+ME=DS
    <3

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe that faking an illness or tragedy to receive financial 'help' {i.e: just plainly scamming someone out of money} is incredibly wrong, I can't help but wonder about the real life circumstances of the lesser 'trolls'.

Maybe their cries for attention are because they are being abused, or ignored, are all alone, have no friends or family, or are seriously mentally ill.

I have been accused of MIB in the past, I was part of a close knit forum where everyone was good friends and most of them had been members for 6+ years.

Long story trimmed down to it's bare bones; I'd come back from the neurologist that day with my nerves in tatters, all my recent tests for my epilepsy showed nothing {basically no signs of epilepsy, even given my 10+ a day seizures} and he put forth the idea that he would like to discuss the possiblity of a particular type of brain tumour that doesn't often show up of MRIs, and possibly an exploratory brain surgery with the board of neurologists at the hospital.

It was all 'possibles' but I was understandably shaken and quite upset, and I wanted to talk to my 'net friends' about it and hopefully get advice or a little support.

The first reply to my posted topic was one of the ladies I didn't like, who was a braggert and not a nice person, but was THE moderator {the first one to ever be made mod apart from the owner of the site} and she basically marched in and said "Yeah well something sounds fishy to me, my cousin's friend/brother/whatever had epilespy and they never did any of that, if you're lying we can only hope it is a tumour and you die"
    All her friends jumped on the bandwagon with similar comments of "They don't do brain surgery anymore, that's third world country stuff" and "I doubt you have epilepsy, you never go into details about having seizures or post pictures of yourself in hospital" {who would?!} and "If you had this many seizures a day you'd choke on your own vomit and die, maybe it's time karma caught up to you"

I replied saying that I didn't need to prove anything to anyone, I was only asking for support and a word of encouragement, maybe advice. I also said that they were breaking site rules by being abusive.

That incited the owner to PM me and say that mods cannot break site rules, and because I wasn't a mod, she would ban me from the site unless I scanned the receipt from that day's session at the neurologist and let her know his phone number so she could call him and find out the true story.

I refused and said it was none of her business, and she threatened to message everyone on my facebook friends list and tell them I was spreading rumours about that person on a public forum {even though I had done nothing of the sort}
    It stressed me into a massive seizure and I requested that my account be shut down, I blocked all of them on Facebook and haven't been back since.

It was the nastiest, most violent accusation I had ever experienced or even heard of.

I wonder now if they'd recently been stuffed over by someone like in this article but no way am I going back!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This angers me as I have found the support from online forums and my blog when I had cancer invaluable and when I was diagnosed with an auto immune disorder last year bh was a huge support!!! my dig have been wonderful for the complications from that that have appeared with this pregnancy.

I hate to think people may have thought I was faking.

When we have been fooled by a fake on bh in the past I hate I'm now more suspicious of certain post and keep an eye on it ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that while it is a terrible thing to do in deceiving people giving you their time and support, as other posters have said, I feel sorry for the person making the stuff up as obviously she is very ill in a different sense.

I actually worked with a person like this. In the yearI worked with her she had asthma, pneumonia, swine flu, respiratory failure, sprained ankle, burns from petrol, whooping cough, bronchitis, depression, migraines, more common colds than anyone I have ever known, tonsillitis a few times, fluid on the lungs, a busted knee (requiring crutches), an ingrown toenail (again requiring crutches), whiplash from a car accident, gastro a few times and SEVERAL other illnesses I can't remember the names of. Each time it would get more and more far fetched with longer names and different 'medications'. One of the last ones was the 'petrol burns'. She said she had been splashed with petrol while filling the car and had suffered burns which she had to have a week off for! My dh is covered in diesel and petrol all day and has never been burned! This is when I started to feel sorry for her.

I guess it just means we have to be super careful if it's happening online aswell!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I worked with a girl who faked having breast cancer. She shaved her head and everything. In some ways I guess I feel sorry for her. I think she had some issues with 'absent' parents... they seemed to be there for her financially, but not emotionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I remember Taylor and Autumn.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Lemmings  (22-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And what happens if the said liar winds up actually developing the said disease/illness. Now that's karma isn't it! The boy who cried wolf...

This stuff just sickens me. No sympathy what so ever!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The ones who fake their kids are sick is called munchausen by proxy. I have watched a few documentaries on it and the length these women go to is unbelievable.

Remember the movie the sixth sense where the mum keeps poisoning the kid a little bit each day in the food so he has symptoms. I know it's just a movie but people actually do this.

In the documentary I watched in the hospital they put cameras in the room the kids where in as they couldn't understand why things only went wrong when the mum was in there. We it turned out she was unplugging cords from the machines, covering there mouth and nose etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I remember Taylor and Autumn.

Thought you might... it was really sucky