+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emzy83 View Post

Where do these people find the time? It must take a huge chunk of time to construct and live out this stuff?
    ^^ this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    People are lonely and thrive on drama. Funny I was just thinking about this today coz some things people do say on here is full on. I do often wonder 'are they for real? ' and my husband is convinced most is made up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Emzy83 View Post

Where do these people find the time? It must take a huge chunk of time to construct and live out this stuff?
    I think they must be incredibly lonely and have way too much time on their hands.

I'm on the fence with this one. I've been posting in chatrooms and forums for about 12 years, and I've come across people who I think are like this. To be honest I tend to ignore it because I'm scared of accusing someone only to be proven wrong and add to their hurt. I think it's very sad.

I have a cousin with BPD and I find it quite similar in a lot of respects. The attention seeking being the main thing. But through trying to understand my cousin (no easy feat!) I've found that her brain is wired as such that she feels the only way to get people to hear her, is to do hurtful things. Maybe the only way these people feel they can be liked, is by creating this fantasy world. It truly is a mental illness and their level of control may not be as high as we expect.

However, the hurt and humiliation it can cause on the other side is fairly large.

It's a tricky one. In different ways I feel for anyone who gets tangled in these lies, and for those that create the lies themselves.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been on a forum where this happened but was young and self obsessed and don't remember it a lot.

However one of my best friends just married a man who is a bit of a compulsive liar. At first you think that he's one if these people who've led an extraordinary life. However eventually you find out he lies a lot. I actually met my friend through him but have noticed how little she sees it. DH is fairly close to this guy,we have caught him out and tried to tell her but she won't listen.

These people often have trouble forming friendships and relationships so lie to make themselves seem more appealing or in need.

Taking on Auto correct one embarrassing mistake at a time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just bumping this up for someone to read..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlantic Puffin For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (22-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Read this, thanks!

I've had liars for friends in the past..

I've ways wondered how they keep up with it.. It must be exhausting!!

Hubby and I knew of a lady who made up a story about being riddles with cancer.. She had a young don and a hubby and everything. Shaved her head.. The lot. It came out in the end. She left..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VintageLover View Post
    Read this, thanks!

I've had liars for friends in the past..

I've ways wondered how they keep up with it.. It must be exhausting!!

Hubby and I knew of a lady who made up a story about being riddles with cancer.. She had a young don and a hubby and everything. Shaved her head.. The lot. It came out in the end. She left..
    OMG...wow. That is terrible. I wonder if she got the help she obviously desperately needed?

My friends aunty faked a pregnancy once. She gained weight and my friend said she even had a fake pregnant belly that she made?! She did end up going to see a psychiatrist about it and improved with therapy and meds apparently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder sometimes..

But then I also wonder if people think my life sounds like a soap opera..my story certainly made my grans biography a whole lot more interesting...

so I never assume as I know I would be utterly heart broken if anyone thought my life was a lie.

but when people do lie about cancer and sick kids, it makes me feel ill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    I can't believe people would do that?!
    me either!
    A family friend makes her children sick to get attention for herself, that child is very screwed in the head as a result. It's so sad!
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 22-01-2012 at 20:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I knew this stuff existed but just on the surface.
    I've seen people suffer things that no one should and that these people are faking their pain.
    I have no words. They just need help ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast