+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Apparently this is more common than I thought I was surprised by the article TBH but I know of 4 separate cases of this - one of them nearly as bad as the one in the article. So sad. I do want to point out that your emotions are real, the sympathy that these people evoke is real, it just the story is not real.

I do hope this won't stop people asking for support as one person has pm'd me (hugs)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    wow, what an interesting read!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ConfettiGirl View Post
    The most hurtful thing I have experienced regarding this is on another parenting website (big, multinational site) I belonged to a premmie parents group after my DD was born extremely premature. We had a woman on there who "apparently" delivered twins at 24 weeks and she really seemed to be struggling and we all reached out to her to offer help and support. People sent cards and even gifts to her home - we couldn't send gifts to the hospital because of the policy of not having anything that could introduce germs into the unit. I sent a mini scrapbook album with scrap book pages - it cost a reasonable amount and we were poor at the time and dealing with our own baby in NICU struggling to survive. She told us her son had died of infection and her daughter was battling severe entercolitus and was having surgery etc. Suspicions heightened when she came back to say she was pregnant AGAIN with a set of triplets - a mere 6 weeks after the birth of her twins via casearian. I can't remember much else but there all sorts of other red flags. The fact that she only ever updated her posts and never responded to anyone else. Anyway she was finally "outed" when someone decided to "dig" and found the ultrasound picture of "her" twins on an ultrasound site - she had blacked out the name and other details but on the site they said the US was done in 1997!!! She posted pictures of her babies in NICU but only the once - never any other pics after the first ones and we never saw the twins together - ie never 2 isolettes. The two babies, despite clearly being fraternal looked identical (ie we think it was the same baby), I think it was the US that clinched it for us - I mean if she really was pregnant why swipe an US off a website? When we questioned her on it she posted a big indignant post and then disappeared! I was incredibly hurt and can totally sympathise with anyone else who has been hurt by people like this!
    if this is the site i'm thinking it is, this person has just done the same thing for the second time, similar type of story so the mods investigated and found out that it was the same person. people were mourning her "stillborn" baby and praying for her other twin that was holding on by a thread. apparently they were on here too .....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lookingtothefuture For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (22-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It is very sad that people feel the need to be fakes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read about this back in April. It only confirmed the suspicions I had about a particular person who has had a series of incidents that have evoked much sympathy.

This person was someone I thought I knew fairly well, so it was upsetting to realise that much of what she said was a lie.

I don't know how to feel about it. I hate to think that it makes me question the truth of what other online friends say, I pity her that she has to make up these lies for attention and I feel sad for the people who have given so much of themselves (financially and emotionally) to help her.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmm Dessert For This Useful Post:

MrsTwith3  (16-06-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This stuff makes me so sad.

I too know of it happening here on BH as well as on other forums.
    I have been suced in by people over exaggeration bad situations to get money or free things from genuine people.
    As well as people that steal photo's and lives of others and make it about themselves.

I think its a lession learnt to me though. I am soooo careful on line now. I still support people going through a tough time but i do it in a way i cant get hurt by it. Of cause seeing someone suffer will be upsetting to anyone with a heart but Its one thing to hurt for them and offer your prayers and kind words then another to actually get involved unless you really get to know someone.

Dont let it discourage you from posting to get support cause you will still get support but people are just more aware of fakes these days. I think everyone should be aware that while it might or might not be true it is the internet and people can lie so easy by typing it and walking away till next time there online IYKWIM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know I was supposed to be shocked by this article, and I am , but....

OMG WHAT IS FLESH EATING STAPH????

Omg now I am genuinely paranoid.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teley View Post
    I know I was supposed to be shocked by this article, and I am , but....

OMG WHAT IS FLESH EATING STAPH????

Omg now I am genuinely paranoid.....
    A bacteria that eats into your skin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for posting this, a really interesting read.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Where do these people find the time? It must take a huge chunk of time to construct and live out this stuff?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast