+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    so discusting, sadly I have seen this before on a childrens SN forum she was lieing about the child being desperately ill and a whole host of stuff and it was all bulsh*t.

I have also had someone read stuff about my child and then post it about theres, and I didnt realise she had copied so was chatting with her thinking woiw they are dealing with the same issues and it turned out she was lieing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is one of the reasons i try not to feel sympathy for people on forums that i do not know. Empathy is easier.
    You dont know who these people are, and it just goes to show even people you think you may know, could just be really good liars.
    Last edited by Bank; 27-05-2011 at 18:20.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bank For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (22-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow..... What truly fascinating article.
    Faking an illness is just beyond comprehension. How sad.
    I don't think I've experienced it in real life but I know I've seen some serious fabrication going on.
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 27-05-2011 at 18:23. Reason: Not necessary.

DaughteroftheForest is offline Sometimes you have to forget what you want in order to remember what you deserve
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found that really interesting.

One of my best friends ex's made up a son that had apparently been conceived via rape when she was 15. Her best friend died soon after and as she was incredibly sick with some rare blood disease her mother cared for the son. When the son 'Jack' was 4 he died from an allergic reaction to a bee sting and then an asthma attack in the ambulance. I was 6 months pregnant when my friend rold me (I had met the girl and liked her) and I cried for 3 straight hours thinking about how horrible it was I stayed with my friend on holiday once and she drove me to the airport, her car even had 'Jacks' carseat in it that DS used. Eventually her lies became a bit thin and someone contacted her mother who said there was never a son, never a best friend who died and never an illness. No one knew what the hell to think. It was pretty awful, as most of the people she knew had known her for 4+ years. Personally I felt really sorry for her, but I could see how people who had spent so much time and energy supporting and caring for her would be absolutely furious.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i just feel really really sorry for people who feel so invisible that theu need to do this, and really really sorry for the people who are lied to and manipulated by them just sad all around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    wow... i knew that it happened, but not to the extent. I too have experienced someone on a forum that has done this, but I had always been a bit suss on her, so I avoided her. I have had this feeling in towards others in forums too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregnor View Post
    wow... i knew that it happened, but not to the extent. I too have experienced someone on a forum that has done this, but I had always been a bit suss on her, so I avoided her. I have had this feeling in towards others in forums too.
    I agree. I've seen it on bubhub too but nothing like what the article talks about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Doesn't surprise me at all. Has been occurring in real life situations for as long as media has reported it so why not on the web with the greater ability to be what ever you want to be from behind a computer screen. Some very mentally unwell folk out there indeed to use things like illness, death, Childs death as lies :/

What I do question is the folks whom take so long to see the cracks...I don't live online but so my computer time on forums often misses the stories/people that have the potential to be fake & get involved in the first place.

I like the real world...

NessaM24 is offline Fred, why don't you go outside and vroom that lawn mower around the yard?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What a sad article. And those affected will forever be questioning subconsciously those who come into their life - via the Internet and IRL - who are ill or having a really rough time.

I hope these people get some sort of help. It can't be healthy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havnt read all the replies, but wanted to add that I am also a member of another parenting forum and was conned by a person that did this. She would have mc's etc. In the end she took her own life and it wasn't until a few of us in the same support group had similar dreams about her that we started researching this person. There was no death notice in the papers, we rang her work to find out info but there was no record of her, - anyway lots and lots of things didn't add up. It was really sad, we all mourned her death and still, after so much time I still can't stop thinking about 'her'...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast