+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not much saving going on here we are tightening the belt starting new financial year, only one dinner out or take away a week, plus no more buying big things. Hoping to put some more into our home savers accountsthis week, take them up to $2,200 in each

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well done Widg!!! That is cause for celebration....and now- to make it happen!

Well, I'll be more than likely taking out the savings and wacking it on my cc and buying my text books next week. Bit depressing. But, with tax coming in- I should be able to pay my cc off completely and just concentrate on saving.

We've also decided to have a garage sale so will be cleaning out and selling anything and everything I possibly can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thats what we are doing too, decided to just get the CC paid off asap then save save save for our holiday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soo baby 4 is due in 4 weeks, we have just had to take out a loan for a new car, to fit baby 4 in lol.

Soo our goal is to try and pay off the car loan as soon as possible. First goal is to pay $10,000 off by the end of the year. To achive this we are paying $250.00 a f/n in repayments and when we get the baby bonus that will be going straight off it every f/n as well. We are hoping to sell hubbys car and put what ever we can get for that off the loan as well. Plus Any extra money we can (hoping $50.00 a f/n).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm, interesting Widg. Hope extra money comes my way- the more in my bank account rather than Centrelink's, the better!

Well, bit of a mixed bag here- some good news, and some not so good news. First I got another interest payment! $6.22!!!! Such excitement!!! But short lived. I transferred money OUT of my savings account to pay some money off my credit card and also buy my uni text books. Balance is now $100.00. With tax money- I should have the credit card paid off within 2months. So, that's a good thing.

I almost lost my phone as well. It's an iphone 4 so a replacement would have hurt. But luckily DS and I went back to where I think I lost it this morning and found it! Such luck! Very happy with that!

YMo3WA- you'll have to change your username soon. Good luck with the birth. What car did you get?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad you found your phone Extra, I have an iphone 4 aswell and would have died if I lost it. Bugger about having to take money out of your savings, but it's great you will have your cc billed paid off asap.

Congratulations youngmum, one of the reasons we haven't had another child yet, is because we would have to upgrade car and house, even though I would love another lol.

Just wanted to say, this thread is really keeping me motivated I have put $100 away and still have $80 in my everyday account for anything I *may* need over the weekend. FOB is backpaying me childsupport next week, he went through a rough spot and wasn't able to pay me support for a couple of months, which i totally understood, so providing he pays I will get $800 from him next week most of it will go into savings, but I need to get my fridge fixed and buy a dryer and pay for DS1's next term of soccer, but should still be able to put about $400 away

Keep up the saving everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, after a really CRAP day yesterday (perhaps a mini anxiety attack? Which than boiled over into everything else), I'm to report that I just paid just over $2,000 off my credit card! It's down to $2,500! Very pleased with that effort. I did I do this, I hear you ask? Well, I transferred 95% of my savings, got the max FTB advance and saved on uni text books that I had previously bought second hand. I'm now contemplating whether I should reduce the limit or keep it as is. I will more than likely keep the credit card at around a similar limit to help fund our round Aus trip in 18months time- what do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    If you can have your ccard without spending for the sake of it, keep it! See if it has any loyalty programs etc and use it as a debit card. Once I have the debt covered on my credit card I'll go back to MAKING money on it. Strange I know... but the reward program is brilliant. I guess that's why they withdrew it from sale within 6 months of it being offered LOL.

13% interest, up to $20 cash back a month, and about $20 annnual fee lol
    Plus once it's at a 'balance paid in full every month' point it will be a good example of responsible banking for home loan application in future

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    If you can have your ccard without spending for the sake of it, keep it! See if it has any loyalty programs etc and use it as a debit card. Once I have the debt covered on my credit card I'll go back to MAKING money on it. Strange I know... but the reward program is brilliant. I guess that's why they withdrew it from sale within 6 months of it being offered LOL.
    I agree with this. After i got rid of all my CC debt i reduced the balance down to $2k and use it for just about everything. Each pay i just transfer money over so its always paid off before its due.
    This way i don't have to worry about excess withdrawal fees and i earn points which i redeem for Coles gift cards. So every now and then i don't have to pay for groceries.
    The annual fee is about $40 but i get more back in gift vouvhers then that so its definetly worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well.. I had a really bad day
    I could have had $1000 sitting in my savings account today, instead I have only $300. I have some bad issues with gambling, today my kids were in daycare and i thought it's been a longggggg time (and now i know why) since I have had a flutter on the pokies. I can never walk away. I lost $600 I am so angry and disappointed at myself for even allowing myself to enter the pokie room after i have been so good, let alone lose so much money. DP is being really supportive and we are going to tackle this together. I am trying not to dwell on it and just reminding myself that i cant trust myself on the pokies, and I wont be hurrying back..if ever. Just trying to keep positive, and next week will be much better!