+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep- small steps. Celebrate every little cent. My mini goal atm is to get through the next couple of weeks without touching my savings. I'm expecting some bills in and it's going to be tight- if I can get through it with putting away the amount I have budgeted, than I will be one happy camper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well, I have good news and bad news.
    Firstly the good news! I received my first interest payment! $1.08! So excited! This is great! Very good motivational tool to see the interest going in! Can't wait til the end of the month now! Bring on end of June (plus- I'll get to do tax which I'm sure to get a refund!).
    And the bad news. I had to dip into my bills account because I went over on my grocery budget. Not overly surprising seeing as I've been buying next to nothing and still only spent $70. But this will mean that next week- I'll have to deep into the savings money to cover the over-expenditure. So, instead of achieving 100% of my savings capacity next week- I'll only be achieving 80%. Although I will still be meeting the quota for the bonus interest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Can't wait til the end of the month now! Bring on end of June (plus- I'll get to do tax which I'm sure to get a refund!).
    I second that...Love tax time. I probably won't get any tax back. I'm probably looking at a bill although it should be rather small this year but i still get the bulk of the FTB supps, education tax rebate and ccr
    I'm about to be hit with a heap of big bills so probably won't be contributing much to my savings so the tax time money will definetly give it a boost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good job extraordinary!!

I need to do shopping tomorrow, going to try and buy minimal because we have sooo much in our cupboard.... Although we need nappies, wipes & formula, boo!!

Also looking forward to tax time here!!! I've only worked 6 months this financial year so I think I'll get it all back yaay!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay! Spent $100 on food (usually 200) & 50 on nappies & wipes. :-D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    atm i have $275 ahead in rent. i am not going to open another bank account as of yet for savings. i want to build up a bit in the rent account before i transfer it all over however there are a few thigns i want to buy buy the years end.

i will be using that 275 for coops birthday lunch and for the outing we are doing for his birthday to australia zoo.

my next goal in what i want to buy for the house is a new tv. i have my eye on one for $500 from big w. when i go into get a refund on my rent(doesnt include my 2wks ahead either otherwise it would be close to 500 if it did), i am going to increase my rent. instead of paying an extra $60.60 a fortnight, i am going to change it to $75 a fortnight instead as i can collect the money whenever, just takes a day to process, sometimes 2.

by doing that, i can achieve my goal of a tv faster plus it also allows me extra money for christmas.

the other things i have my eye on for my house is
    • new rug
    • outside antenna fixed so we have reception on all channels
    • new dinning room table and chairs
    • new table and chairs for outside(just those 2 piece settings ones)
    • thats my goal for the end of the year plus christmas also being paid for.
    its not the same as putting money into an account but by keeping my money in the rent account, it guarantees that i will save it. i have only ever taken it out in emergencies and its only ever been small amounts if i do but i am glad its there as a buffer and i dont get charged any money to take it out either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I am trying to save at $100 to $150 a week.

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am saving too

We are saving for a house. Dh and I have both opened a home savers account and have $1500 in both of them. I also have $1800 stashed in my netbank saver for a new car fir dh. Our goal was to have saved a lot more by now (started in feb) but it's the first time we have had a decent wage so have splurged a little on things like a new tv, a new freezer, a coffee maker plus paid my mum back $1500.

To the poster that was contemplating a first home saver account, they are great BUT:
    1- you have to have it for 4 years
    2- you have to deposit $1000 for 4 consecutive years
    3- you can't use that money for anything other than a house or your super.

This suits us as we want a decent house deposit saved ($100,000) so 4 years suits us, hth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done Spidey!

Bec- doesn't matter what your saving for- saving is saving! Good job btw- sounds like your doing a great job!

M2B- that's a pretty decent savings amount. For anything in particular?

HM- that's what I'll be saving for after our 'big trip'. One thing I have learnt from this experience so far is that I am able to save a fairly decent amount when I put my mind to it. It's very much possible.

Well, I may be able to recover some of my 'lost' savings because I have used less petrol than I expected this week. Instead of losing $87 out of my savings I may only lose $37. Good effort- I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your right extra, its still savings.

I am on my way into housing now to change my rent by that extra little bit. As i am cooking from scratch my shoppig bill will be less each fortnight. I have already noticed a change. Granted i have also made a few extra trips to the shops for a few things i am still saving as we can stretch things further now.

Also thinking about it, being able to pay cash for things upfront is a big.boost too as i never have money to do that so i will be quite happy to do that.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Bubhub
    Last edited by Myztiks#1Fan; 06-06-2011 at 09:13.