+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by daja29 View Post
    I would like to join in too, wish so much I could start saving or had some savings at least so that I could go to the dentist. I will try and get some of my superannuation out so that I can pay some of my debts of and use the rest for dentist but I wanted to know does anyone know how much we are allowed to have in savings account before it affects centrelink payments? I am currently on SSP get FTB a an FTB b and I am not working yet .? How much does centrelink allow to have in your account before it affects your payment ?? Thank you all
    I don't know the exact amount but you can have a fair bit before it impacts on centrelink. I know having 20k stashed away barely affects payments at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    When I called it was over 200K in savings+assets. So it depends on what you own as to how much savings you can have....

Oh and ladies... my insurmountable debt is now UNDER $1000

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Big Issue with accessing super though, it you pay tax on it when you take it out as it's classed as income.

For the same reason it effects your payments. Any withdrawn super for someone who is not at the correct age INCLUDING accessing for financial hardship reasons, still needs to pay tax on it AS an income.

Be very very careful about accessing super.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I'm back to start saving
    I have decided to move back in with my parents to get rid of the 10 grand worth of debt my ex racked up on the. 2 credit cards in my name. I just got rid of 1 but that took me a year so it makes sense to move into there place where there is room and get rid of both big ones in about 4 months.
    Then I have decided I am going to start saving for a house deposit!!!! I'm excited really excited to have money again to put away I have budgeted that I'll be saving at least 540 a fortnight after I have payed the credit cards. As this was my rent a fortnight !!!!!!!!!!!!
    So in 2012 I'll have at least 10 grand saved up. That's my plan anyway hopefully it works out as I really want to do this for my dd. I have not told anyone bout my saving plan as I have a bf but I would love to get my own place I own first before we do anything together. Then keep t as a investment!!!!!!
    Single mums can do it I know I can

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wantmore View Post
    Well I'm back to start saving
    I have decided to move back in with my parents to get rid of the 10 grand worth of debt my ex racked up on the. 2 credit cards in my name. I just got rid of 1 but that took me a year so it makes sense to move into there place where there is room and get rid of both big ones in about 4 months.
    Then I have decided I am going to start saving for a house deposit!!!! I'm excited really excited to have money again to put away I have budgeted that I'll be saving at least 540 a fortnight after I have payed the credit cards. As this was my rent a fortnight !!!!!!!!!!!!
    So in 2012 I'll have at least 10 grand saved up. That's my plan anyway hopefully it works out as I really want to do this for my dd. I have not told anyone bout my saving plan as I have a bf but I would love to get my own place I own first before we do anything together. Then keep t as a investment!!!!!!
    Single mums can do it I know I can
    Great plan! I hope the 4months go quickly so you can start seeing your savings rising rapidly. Exciting much!

Well- the credit card is GONE! Paid, cancelled and cut up. Now, any excess money will be going straight to savings and I'll finially be able to start saving for real! So far I have $1,300. Small steps. Celebrations when we hit $5K- expect to hit that mark sometime in Jan, possibly sooner if I get this job promotion I'm going for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Your 100% right wantmore.

16k in one year on single (and low) income. My next goal is overseas trip with small child, then house deposit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Goodluck with the promotion L. Well done on cutting up the card too

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    No word on the promotion yet. I'm not liking my chances though- if they had good news, they'd have told me already right?

Anyway, I've reached $1,500! Savings is going to keep increasing but slowly. Taking over the car loan as of this month- $950 a month! Still it'll paid off within a year. Soooo.....I'm moving back home after Christmas. This'll save an extra $150+ week. Plus- it'll be nice to have some company again, and hopefully I can find peace and my mojo.

How are you all travelling? Still saving?

Thanks
    Reviews
    $1700!

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay!!! Sounds like a wise decision to move home

Up to $13,000 in home saver account, $5000 for Fiji and $850 fir a rainy day