+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We are up to $8000 for the house

Saw a financial planner, and if we stick to what we are doing we will have $100,000 in 3 and a half years

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    oh it seems like everyone is saving brilliantly!! congrats peeps!!!!

i havnt been going so well, had a bad week, i tried to save $250 but ended up with only $75 left in my account, and really cant pinpoint what i wasted the money on, bank statements just show cash withdrawls i really need to get at least another $2.5k in savings because all of my car related expenses happen in january, rego, insurance, etc.

this week will be a better week

keep up the good work guys xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow- some great savings happening.

Ghostdancer- can you put the money you wont need into a savings account? I give myself a grocery budget. This week I have $115 which needs to get me a full tank of petrol, some groceries and lunch with a friend today (I'll buy something cheap as petrol is going to take $70 out of that). Than I transfer whatever is left into my savings and it's a 24hr turnaround to get that money out, so I usually think 'meh- I'll just make do'.

Well, savings is going ok here. I'm back up to $2,000 in savings with $3,000 on my credit card. I was going to take out the full $2,000 to pay the cc off but I really don't want to start from 0 again. Am thinking I'll take out $1,000 and leave $1,000 in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Everyone!

Well, after losing my way for a bit- I am now back on track. One of my biggest problems with savings is that I lose sight of the goal and start to waiver. On the weekend- I went to the caravan and camping show and found my motivation again. So, here I am. Back! I'm back to looking at my budget and cutting out where I can. I was going to buy Mary Poppins Tickets but have resisted. DS will enjoy, appreciate and gain much more from a trip around Australia so the money is being saved. I think when I feel I am starting to lose my way- I am going to go Caravan shopping. Hopefully that will help me stay on track.

I've also decided to completely ditch the cc. Not going to have it for the trip at all. So- paying that off and getting rid of it. $2K to go!

How is everyone else going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Widget View Post
    Up the crapper lol

I started my business though... Am yet to advertise and sell anything...
    Well done you! You're further ahead on that front than I am. I will be looking into starting my own book keeping business in the next couple of months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on starting your business widget, that's great news!!

Our saving is.. well not as much as it was lol.. washing machine sh*t itself so there went $600 to buy a new one, then we had rego due another $600 odd gone there, and then I went out and brought us all My Fun Big 3 passes Another $330. Still have just under 1k sitting in the bank, but we will be moving soon so need that money for bond, but should get back $1400 in bond from the place we are in now.

We finially have a good budget set up that is working for us and easy to stick to, DP and I did get in a bit of an arguement last night though, he still has a problem with takeaway!! Spends clost to $200 a week on it Anyway, I think this time I have finially gotten through, he packed himself some lunch today and promised he wont buy anymore takeaway, so heres hoping he sticks to it

Thanks
    Reviews
    MothersInstinct- could you give each of you an allowance each week to spend how you see fit. A friend of mine does this with her husband- she saves most of hers and he buys lunch throughout the week with his.

Widget- what are you selling?

I did my tax yesterday. $1,900 back! I'm wondering if that includes the CCR or the FTB eofy payments, either way $1,900 will pay off my credit card and from there on- my savings will be exactly that- SAVINGS!!!!
    Still yet to set up the business. I need to take out indemnity insurance but I'm a little reluctant to do that until I know I'm getting clients!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would like to join in too, wish so much I could start saving or had some savings at least so that I could go to the dentist. I will try and get some of my superannuation out so that I can pay some of my debts of and use the rest for dentist but I wanted to know does anyone know how much we are allowed to have in savings account before it affects centrelink payments? I am currently on SSP get FTB a an FTB b and I am not working yet .? How much does centrelink allow to have in your account before it affects your payment ?? Thank you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMum View Post
    Wow- some great savings happening.

Ghostdancer- can you put the money you wont need into a savings account? I give myself a grocery budget. This week I have $115 which needs to get me a full tank of petrol, some groceries and lunch with a friend today (I'll buy something cheap as petrol is going to take $70 out of that). Than I transfer whatever is left into my savings and it's a 24hr turnaround to get that money out, so I usually think 'meh- I'll just make do'.

Well, savings is going ok here. I'm back up to $2,000 in savings with $3,000 on my credit card. I was going to take out the full $2,000 to pay the cc off but I really don't want to start from 0 again. Am thinking I'll take out $1,000 and leave $1,000 in.
    i think its best to get rid of the c/c debt, but yes putting 1k on the card and keeping the additional 1k in savings sounds like a good plan.

SM - iv taken your advice and i have started putting all of the additional money aside immediately into my savings account, so now in my everyday spendings account i usually have about $50 more than what i need, and my savings is going pretty well though, ill be at 10k by the 18th oct - but sadly all of my car expenses, rego, insurance, etc are due in jan, so ill be digging into my savings then, im hoping to get a job asap so that i have more to put into savings!

widget - what are you selling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Widget View Post
    I'm bowing out of here guys. Good luck and I hope it goes well for you all

Hopefully you keep your motivation up. I just lost mine.
    Chin up Widg. You're allowed to have hiccups along the way. Don't worry about motivation- it'll come back. Plus- it's been a crazy couple of months for you, allow some time for yourself to heal.

Well, I got my tax in so I'm just waiting for a payment to go through on my credit card and than I can pay it off and than- see ya later CC!!! Only too happy to get rid of that thing!