+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Simply Mum, my brother in law used to be a mechanic so I should have asked him to look at it. I am just sick of spending money getting it fixed. I think the place I took it too is just trying to get money off me cos they did a major service on it so they should have known there was a leak (and a hole) in the radiator hose. My last car didn't have much problems but I had to upgrade to something a bit bigger.

I can probably save a few grand by the end of the year and maybe my dad can help out in some way, hopefully.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Anyone know any places I could get a car loan? I am desperate but I don't want to go anywhere dodgy.
    Have you looked into the NAB StepUP loans?
    http://www.nab.com.au/wps/wcm/connec...out_us/7/4/3/4

I don't know a great deal about them but that page states you can use them to buy a car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    That might be a good oppertunity cause a bad car is like a financial leech! Heck a good car is a financial leech lol. Hence why it's taken me almost a year to decide to get one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My dad works for NAB so might talk to him about it, thanks.

I have never had a loan before so not sure if I'd even be approved for one and as I said, I don't want to go somewhere dodgy. I need a reliable car not one that's going to sh!t itself constantly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    You don't have access to a computer, do you? I'll paste some of the info for you...

Am I eligible for a StepUP Loan?
    StepUP Loans are available for individuals or families. You need to live in eligible locations in New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia, South Australia, Tasmania and Queensland.
    The individual or family must also:
    • hold a current Centrelink Healthcare Card or Pension Card or are eligible to receive Family Tax Benefit Part A;
    • have lived at their current address for more than six months.
    The program is designed to support people who have difficulty accessing credit from a bank. If you already have existing bank credit, you may not be eligible.
    You may still be eligible for a StepUP Loan if you:
    • have a poor credit history;
    • hold an existing loan or mortgage but are currently unable to access normal bank loans because of a change in circumstance;
    • are over 70 years of age.
    How much can I borrow?

The maximum value of a StepUP Loan is $3000 and the minimum value of a loan is $800.
    • The loans come with a 3.99% p.a. (comparison rate 3.99% p.a.)* interest rate fixed for the period of the loan.
    • Loans may be taken out for six months to three years.
    • There are no fees.
    • Loan repayments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
    Careful attention is paid to make sure a customer has the ability to repay a loan and not over extend their weekly budget.
    I'd say from that you would be eligible.

Victoria

Bendigo
    (03) 5441 5277
    Collingwood(03) 8412 7317
    Dandenong(03) 9791 8344
    St Albans(03) 8312 8833
    Wodonga(02) 6055 8000
    Wangaratta(03) 5720 0000

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, another wack of money into the savings account. Should be hitting the $1K mark (again ).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2bubba View Post
    My dad works for NAB so might talk to him about it, thanks.

I have never had a loan before so not sure if I'd even be approved for one and as I said, I don't want to go somewhere dodgy. I need a reliable car not one that's going to sh!t itself constantly.
    You will definitely be eligible, the program is specifically designed for people on low incomes. You can only borrow up to 3000, but if you have savings to add to it you should be able to find a decent little car. Mine was 5k, had it for three years and it goes like a dream!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The NAB thing sounds great and my last car (though it was sh!t) was just under 5k and the one before that was only $1600.

Thanks
    Reviews
    M2B- sounds like a pretty good plan. I hope you are able to go for it. It's great there is a money limit and a time limit too- stops you from over committing. Cars breaking down causes so much stress. If my car made a noise- I'd burst into tears because of the stress and thinking about the ripple effect of work, and than bills, and than out on street.

Anyway- before I start crying just at the thought of it- I got approved for the PES! I haven't checked my CL for a couple of days and this morning I notice some extra dosh in my bank account. It turns out I got the entry payment fee of $208 and the back date of PES of $50, and my fortnightly payments increase by $60 p/fn. Very happy with that. I put some extra cash on cc (just in case money), put an extra bit of money aside for next months phone bill and the rest- $130 into savings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just found this thread again

Well since I have been away, DP and I have managed to get 2.5k into our savings accounts We have a budget set that seems to be working really well for us at the moment, I haven't paid off my previous debts though, but have worked it all out to be around 5k and am going to start paying them off with small amounts of money when I have it.

I'm going to read back on the thread to see how everyone else is going