+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I just logged into online services and my supps are finally on there way... yay!!!
    I overestimated my income so there is a fair amount of arrears payments as well... so should be able to add an extra $3k to savings by the end of week!!
    It doesn't look like CCR was included in that amount and i still haven't received my tax and ETR so that should be around another $1000.

My savings are actually going really well. It looks like i will exceed my original goal by about $4k-$5k.

Like others this is the first time i've actually had some savings in years so its an absolutely awesome feeling

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Added another $1200 today

Budget starts tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Added another $1200 today
    Awesome!!

My tax came in today so i added an extra $500 to savings, supps are in tomorrow and still waiting for the CCR.
    Anyone know why they are paying CCR out seperately? Every other year its come in with the supps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I called c/link on Monday about CCR and the guy said that they start reconciling tax retire for CCR from 1 August so should get payment not long after if tax is done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My CCR is coming in on Friday and my FTB supps came last week. Unfortunately it has been pretty much spent before I got it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm Back to square 1, I get really motivated and then I slip up and go downhill again. I'm just going to try take small steps rather then throwing myself in with such high standards. I still have a little bit of savings and 2k in supps coming mon, there are things I need to buy, but I am still trying to put at least 500 aside. Doing up another budget tomorrow

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck blue boys!

Tax is getting done on the 11th, I want it now!!!!! I *think* centrelink owe me around $5000

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Ok so I saved $500 but had to use $400 of that to get my car fixed, but guess what? It's still sh!t. It keeps breaking down and I am fed up. I just want a new car that isn't cr@p and to be able to save something each pay.

Anyone know any places I could get a car loan? I am desperate but I don't want to go anywhere dodgy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok- been a little while. I think I got a little disheartned that my savings went...*pooof*. It's getting back up there now...only to have it go *pooof* again to pay the last the the cc. CC down to $2,500 and savings up to $600. Will get the savings up to $1,500 and than pay the cc off again.

Widg- how to pamper oneself- well, when pampering- practicality goes out the window...to come extent. You still want value for money. If your not going to wear high heels than you're not going to get value for money. If your going to use an ipad 2 even though you've already got an iphone, well that's still value for money.
    I'll be getting DS and I an ipad for our big trip, and while it's a luxrury- it's a practical luxrury. (FYI- I can justify "almost" anything when shopping- it's scary!).

M2B- Don't go no-interest car loans- you'll end up paying an extreamly high mark up to make up for the fact that there is no interest. If you can, get a secured loan- if not, I would save my pennies. Start off small. Save maybe $2,000 and buy a car that'll last you 12months- putting min work into it. Enough time to save up $5,000 on a car that'll last you 36months (with 2 rego + insurance payments adding approx $2,000). Enough time to save up $10,000 and work on from there. Befriend a machanic. Make him understand you want to do min amount of work on the cars. First car I had after having DS was a $200 car as old as me. I did min work on it. Next car was $1,800- again, min work. Together they both lasted me 3years- and I think I spent no more than $3,000 on them in repairs/work although my Dad is a machanic.

Anyway- back on the band wagon and trying to stay motivated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    i've bitten the bullet. New car with my tax return cheque. At that price i hope it,s not a lemon. Guess i'll find out soon. Bought a reduced price service and safety check online. Wish me luck