+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Harvest, If we don't end up having the money for the Ekka we will just go to the Beenleigh or Mt Gravatt show, this is what we usually do, but it has been about 6 years since I have been so I was hoping we would, but if not there is always next year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I want to go to the ekka with coop this year and let him see the fire works and animals plus go on a ride but dont think we will be going. There is a little festival thing on in 2wks i think we will go to. They usually have show bags, locals sellibg stuff, few rides. Not too bad for a day out and its free too.

If we do go to the ekka i would be avoiding the showbag pavillion as coop already got show bags from my parents last month.

I havent saved anything but will be going out to price some paint for my bathroom and toilet in next week so i can save to paint those. I want yellow, coop wants green.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!
    Just wanted to wish you all well in your savings journeys.

We too are saving our butts off to finally get back to where we were before bubba #1 lol. So far we have $3200 in our high interest account and one we get our tax and c'link payments it will be close to 10,000. Thank goodness!

And it's stingy stingy stingy all the way then as i will finish work at the end of the school year as bubs #2 is due 7th Feb so only have a week or so back at work before im due. Kinda sux as i don't get paid for school holidays. DOH!

We are having to get DD her big girls bedroom stuff soon - as in the next week. We are moving house too in 2 weeks so have those costs too, so hopefully after all of that we will have about 7k left over.

Bit excited, we thought we were going to have to spend about 1500 on a bedroom suite for DD but we went to the local independent furniture store and got solid pine single bed frame, tall boy, bedside chest, foam mattress for 696 delivered! BARGAIN!

At the moment our budget can withstand saving about $250/fortnight if we really watch the pennies so thats what im doing. An auto transfer to our reward saver account of that amount every pay and use cash for everything.

For those wondering if they should cancel the CC - imo i would definitely do it. In fact we DID do it. We had 3 credit cards between us totalling almost $11000 - we paid them out, cancelled them, got visa debits and decided that if we cant afford to pay cash, then we cant afford it at all. Since then we haven't looked back. (and that's coming from about 80k of personal debt - we are now down to 20k, personal loan and car loan. both paid out in the next 18mths!)

So just wanna cheer everyone on! WE CAN DO THIS!

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes we can do it!!

I set a budget today and worked out that if we stick to it we can save $400 a fortnight from my pay (close to that amount anyway) and we can save whatever DH earns which is around $600 a week

Feeling really good about this so hopefully we stick to it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone!

I haven't been online much lately, but I need a good kick up the bum!I haven't been going too badly, but I really need to work out a new budget to stick to. I'm really struggling with 'incedental' spending at the moment, so that's something that I really need to start focusing on. So.... My first goal is to get a new budget sorted out tonight!

Yesterday when I was boewsing on Gumtree (REALLY shouldn't do that!), I came across a brand new cradle in box which retails for $300 listed for $150. I really didn't need to get it, but I want to have another bub at some point further down the track and it was too much of a bargain to pass up! I had to borrow the money form my mum so that I didn't dip into my savings, but I should be getting the immunisation payment for DS soon, so that should cover most of it.

At the moment I have approximately 22k in one account and 1.5k in another, so i'm pretty happy with that! I love being able to watch the balance increase - it's such a great feeling!

Anyway, I'm planning to have a no spend month in August. Well, aside from the essentials of course! DS's 2nd birthday is coming up, but I'm pretty sure that I already have most of his pressies sorted out. All I really need to do is to get him a card (I might even attempt to make him one!), and put aside the $18 entry fee to the zoo. I also have a few of his christmas presents sorted out and I think i've figured out what to get my mum - I just need to wait for it to come on special! So yeah, definitely doable I think. I might actaully make a new post on the first and update it daily with waht I spend. Some accountability never goes astray!

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can i join the thread too? I desperately want to buy a house , well villa and i rang keystart ( a gov funded iniative that funds no deposit home loans and they said i have to get rid of my debt first before they will look at my application).

Mt debt was 20 000 , now its about 16 300 , it's a consolidated loan from car and credit card.I am very proud that i cut up my cc and will be even prouder when i have paid it off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    but I should be getting the immunisation payment for DS soon
    I completely forgot about this payment. DS's b'day is in Aug too so i will have that coming my way soon-ish...well after i take him to the doctor to be jabbed with needles..
    Do you know how much it is? From memory its not much... $100 or so? I will still be adding it to savings.

I'm still hanging out for my tax, etr, ccr, ftb supps.... it's been over a week now and i'm starting to get impatient..lol.
    I find myself logging into online banking and online services multiple times a day...just hoping it will be there...
    Hopefully not too much longer

Thanks
    Reviews
    HarvestMoon - I think it's $125? Something like that anyway! I should have had mine months ago, but Medicare managed to lose the objection form and it didn't dawn on me to check that they got it. They didn't lose the claim forms that were in the same envelope though, so who knows. I got my mum to phone DS's GP today to see whether I need to make another appointment to get it signed again; it seems silly to book an appointment for something that will take less than a minute! Lets hope I can avoid going in again....

sunnyflower - I hope to be able to buy a place through Keystart one day. I'm not really sure of my chances given that my only reliable income is Centrelink though. I really wish that I was well enough to go out and work, I just can't see it happening anytime soon.

You did a great job paying that debt off and and well done for cutting your CC card up!

As for the amounts in my savings, I have no idea where I pulled those figures from! My brain isn't very switched on today.... LOL! I have just under 20k in one account, 2.5k in another and approx $1,800 in my working account which is next months 'budget' money. It's so much easier having the full month worth of money in your account on the 1st - It put the end to living from pay to pay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This Keystart thing sounds fabulous, I'm starting to contemplate moving to WA just so I can take advantage of it As my chances of being able to buy in NSW are looking a little grim...

I just had the pleasant surprise of getting the immunisation payment in my account ($129) so that was nice. Cheers Aus government. Quite hilarious really as it costs nothing to get the jabs...

Moving house at the mo which is the usual expensive exercise, but I am looking at my account and seeing that I still have a substantial amount of cash in there even after all the expenses are paid. (Carpet cleaning, removalist, pest control, bond, advance rent...) And that has made me realise I've done damn well over the last year at getting my finances together. This is the first time (out of MANY times!) that I've moved house without having to stress over every single cent and live on baked beans for weeks to catch up. I actually had enough cash put aside and then some. I don't have to get an advance payment or borrow anything from anyone. Even in the midst of a house relocation, we are COMFORTABLE.

Isn't that nice?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MermaidSister For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (27-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I got $2500 from the tax thingy from C'link and I have put $500 into savings. I am hoping to save a bit more but I still need to get a laptop and washimng machine and a few other things.