+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Cas, do you HAVE to have a car? Can you make do without?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I can for the most part, we live very close to a shopping center which has Coles, Safeway, Kmart etc it is only a 2 minute walk, Hayley's school is 20 minutes (well, I could do it in 10, it's only because the kids dawdle), kids' swimming is close by too... I will have to wait til I get payed (18th July) anyway to have it fixed, so hopefully it doesn't cost too much,. I might even get my brother-in-law who used to be a mechanic to have a look at it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Thankyou, do you know anything else about this?
    http://www.workventures.com.au/connectit/products
    Thats the link to the website about them. They cost between $290 and $390 plus $40 delivery.

There is a freecall number if you can't get online: 1800 112 205

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    thanks harvest moon. Haven't had much time last few days, and most has been on my phone

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not a lot of saving for me at the moment, it's hard when I'm on holidays, so many lunch dates

However I did close Malakai's bank account and opened one with bank west, as he gets 10% interest there!

So I'm sort of saving just not for me lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! I am also on saving mission ( to put more money to my mortgage offset account before i go for my mat leave in 6 weeks time). We are also trying to leave on 1 wage which is quite a challange given i make 43% of the household income and with 2 investment properties(which are still negative gearing) its not easy.
    Mum2bubba: cheap broadband try TPG

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cas- I think I have seen that as well. Ask at centrelink- I'm fairly certain that's where I saw the brochure.

Well, savings is.....travelling along ok. Wouldn't it be nice to just bypass all this and win the lottery?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    well DH Qualifies on Saturday! No more apprenticeship!!!!! So excited, let the savings begin!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not alot of saving going on here. So many Birthdays, Events and Trips going on in the next 6 months I just don't think it's ever going to happen!
    We have 10 Birthday's, Christmas, DP's Footy Trip to Melbourne Camping Trip to Stradbroke Island, I am meant to be going to Sydney end of August, Father's Day and I wanted to go to the Ekka this year, but I don't think we will be able to do it all! This happens every year, We have nothing on the first 6months of the year and then the last 6 months we get hit with everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    My savings are still going strong. I'm just waiting for tax money to hit my account then i will have exceeded for original savings goal.

I think that will be the end of my savings for the year though. I've just bought all of DS2's b'day presents, Will have to buy DS1's b'day presents and chirstmas presents as well. I've got big dental bills coming up for DS1 and myself, major service is due on my car soon then hopefully we will be moving so those savings will plumment somewhat.

BlueBoys if you want to go to Ekka but don't want to spend that much money have you considered going to the Mt. Gravatt show instead? It's just a mini Ekka... has show bags, rides, animals, etc.. Cost abouts $10 for adult entry.