Baby Wigs - adultification of children | Page 3 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by borntobemummy View Post
    it's definitely weird and pointless but I wouldn't call it adultification. All my kids had heads full of hair and they were still babies.
    And I have no doubt your babies looked like beautiful babies! - mine both had a reasonable covering of hair, whereas I was bald until 2!

But I do feel everything and anything like this that makes a child look older is a form of adultification

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    They're creepy! Ugh.

I would love a bald baby, both of mine were hairy little monkeys they had hair everywhere. Forehead, lower back, ears . My friend has a bald bub and I am constantly rubbing her head haha.
    Who's baby would even keep this on their head anyway??

I put a hat on Isaac and he pulls it off, eats it and then vomits on it.
    Firstly, LH you are HILARIOUS. I am so nominating you for funniest BH member cos you just crack me up!!!

Secondly, baby wigs are officially the weirdest and creepiest product ever It i just ridiculous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Lol - how very weird.....

What's wrong with a head band itself as well? Like if it's to avoid that gender confusion why not just chuck a frilly pink headband - done! It's a girl!

Plus how awkward when it gets dirty or vomited on or tatty and you take it off to wash it - people will be like ' OMG why on earth did you shave her????'

Or be like 'thank goodness that wig was weird! '

DaddyLarge is offline I put on my robe and wizard hat...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by medot View Post
    pmsl there's a market for everything these days...

DaddyLarge, I thought it was only the pageant parents that did that, but after the school photo airbrushing debacle recently I'm not at all surprised.
    Yep. Unless it's a monster zit or something, I flatly refused to retouch kids portraits. Just made me feel icky.

But it was NOT uncommon to see parents dolling up their kids, dressing them about eight years too old, and trowelling on the make up. There's very little more disturbing than a mother trying to teach her (very young) daughter how to do "smouldering eyes" for the camera. Talk about sending shivers up the spine...

When it comes to adults, I'm a bit more flexible. I won't take kilos off, for example (too bloody time consuming) but if the client wants I'll zap out the odd laugh line or whatnot, and I'll smooth the skin simply because high-resolution is no one's friend.

With corporate head shots, I get why they want it done. The internet is a permanent medium, and there's nothing wrong with people wanting to look their best. Also, cameras don't "see" the same way we do, so most of the retouching I do is to de-emphasise the things that you just don't notice when you're looking at them, but that stick out like dogs' proverbials in a photo.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DaddyLarge For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (24-05-2011)

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Way too odd... This looks like something a pageant parent may use....

It's a shame because, to me, it sends the wrong message to the child - that from the outset you are not what we want / expect you to look like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS could look like a girl.. quick, someone get me some fake facial hair.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to simitude For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (24-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    "I'm not a boy"

Uh huh.
    It's very important you ensure everyone your baby could posibly come into contact with is 100% certain of your childs genitals. You wouldn't want anyone accidently not influencing the childs own ideals of what gender means to their sex.

Same with the baby headbands, yk the ones you only ever put on bald baby girls that someone might mistake as having a penis and random strangers not getting the opportunity to act in a gendering appropriate manner.

bogan bogan bogan bogan bogans. Bogans like babywigs.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Looshkin For This Useful Post:

bada  (29-05-2011),Gandalf  (24-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I'd definitely consider getting one.....

If I wanted my baby to look like Donald Trump.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TeenyT For This Useful Post:

emzluvbub  (24-05-2011),Stiflers Mom  (24-05-2011)

DaughteroftheForest is offline Sometimes you have to forget what you want in order to remember what you deserve
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Who's baby would even keep this on their head anyway??

I put a hat on Isaac and he pulls it off, eats it and then vomits on it.
    Exactly, if I was crazy enough to try this on DD I'd get a filthy look after she'd ripped few hunks out of it with her teeth.

She always gets mistaken for a boy because she has short hair. I couldn't care less!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha, bit bizarre, but it's cute. It would be good for a dress up party or something...

DD2 was born with full head of hair. She's 9 months and looks like she could have one of these wigs on.