+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Moses Basket?

Just wandering if anyone uses/recommends Moses baskets, or are they a waste of money?

We are looking at a good second hand one as the new ones seem far too expensive for the period of time we'll be using it. Can imagine they would be horrible to carry once baby gets heavier.

As we've chosen not to have a capsule, (instead car seat that is convertible to be used from birth up to 4 yrs/18kg), and have a large-ish pram (BJ City Elite), I'm worried about having a compace place for bub to sleep should we go out to dinner/to a friend's etc. I was thinking a basket would be nice for the first few months for this purpose – just a mini bed I can sit beside me on the floor at a restaurant etc, without taking up as much space as a pram.

On one hand I feel like I'm being excessive and won't use it enough to justify the expense, on the other hand I would hate to feel like we can't go anywhere or do anything because the pram is too big/too much hassle. Friends of ours just sit their little one in a capsule and take them everywhere...

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i didn't have a capsule with my first bubs but definitely had one for the next 2. was so much easier especially for short trips to the shops. they do get heavy but it means you don't have to wake a sleeping baby. i had a bassinette for all 3 that i used only at home tho. bubs slept in the pram when we went places. if you can get a bassinette attachment for your pram it might be a better option? or maybe use a snuggle bed to pop inside the pram to make it smaller for bubs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a moses basket for DD2. I loved it! It was so easy to move around the house, and it fit so well beside our bed. It's still used by friends with bubs when they visit. Oh and DD1 & 2 use it for their teddies too haha.

But, if I had to choose between that or a capsule... I would choose the capsule. We didn't have one for DD1 and it was such a hassle because she never transfered when she was asleep.

We got one for DD2 and it was fantastic! If we were going out soonish, I would settle her to sleep in the capsule, and then just move her out to the car when it was time to go.

Also, if she fell asleep while we were out, I could bring the capsule in and put it somewhere quiet and she would stay asleep for quite a while.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i too have a moses basket! it's one of the first things my husband and i bought for our baby. we had this little list we got here and started to shop away. moses basket is good, especially when you have to bring your baby somewhere. the one we got is the organic baby basket, so it won't cause any irritation to the baby's skin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep love mine too .. Definately recommend one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used our moses basket all the time, definetly not a waste of money. We bought ours on www.bebelicious.com.au they had a special on at the time, and some really cool designs.
    They have good resell value so you can get most of your money back when the time comes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flaneur View Post
    We had the kind that goes in the valco Pram. It has soft sides and a strap around bubs middle. She napped in it all around the hous3 plus when we went out. Never actually used it with the Pram though!
    I have one of these and we DID use it clipped into our baby jogger city elite! We also used for the purpose you described. Great investment!

Me + DH = DD! (4/4/11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh wow some of them are gorgeous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyb View Post
    We used our moses basket all the time, definetly not a waste of money. We bought ours on www.bebelicious.com.au they had a special on at the time, and some really cool designs.
    They have good resell value so you can get most of your money back when the time comes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello - We used a maxi cosi capsule for DS which was very handy to take out..however the recommendations aren't to leave them in that position in the car capsule for too long a period. We too had a moses basket for DD2 - due to the above and also having a 2 storey home, it was more practical to keep bubs close downstairs..Check ebay out...I just did - there are some great priced ones new and pre loved - and some great designs - plain or patterned. I see the bebelicious ones the other member was discussing before. Too gorgeous..just had a look at their website..worth a visit to their site! bebelicious.com.au ...could almost see me keen for number 3 LOL!...

Thanks
    Reviews
    We recently bought a moses basket and hubby and I use it all the time, after shopping around we ended up buying from www.sleepispaces.com.au they have beautiful fabrics and the service was great. I think moses baskets are a stylish & practical option.