Closed Thread
Page 99 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies

I've decided to bombard your thread . I haven't read back yet so apologies for being ignorant in not knowing where you are up to but will read back to get to know you all. I'm about to start ivf all over again for child #2, turning 43 next month so noooot very confident as it took so long to get my DD in the 1st place. I have pondered over the last 12 months whether to go again and sometimes thought I had resigned to the fact I'm extremely lucky to have my DD and that should be it, however it can not leave my mind that I need to at least try for DD's sake so when she asks in the future why she doesn't have a little bro or sis that I can say (if it fails) that I tried but it didn't happen and not feel total regret for not trying. I am kicking myself I've taken a year to decide this but I couldn't go ahead with it if I wasn't ready to as I went thru a hell of alot of ivf previously and wasn't so sure I could face it again & some other reasons were surfacing as well.
    I know alot of you are trying desperately for child #1, so I hope I'm not affending anyone or coming across as incensitive to any of you. I am fully aware of how difficult ivf can be & the hopelessness it can make you feel, and I haven't told any friends and family (except my mum) that I'm going ahead again because I know their reactions would be 'why are you bothering again? be grateful for what you have!'. I for one don't want to hear that because I know why I'm doing it, for my daughter. One day she will be all grown up and I will be gone and she will have no family and I don't want that for her. I know in my heart that it's the right thing to do to at least try. I can only give it the one go this time around however, since I had DD the cost is so much more, just the sperm alone has tripled, back then it only cost $1100 for 3 straws including shipping from Vic, now to get same donor (which is what I want) it's almost that for 1 straw, plus the rest of the ivf cost etc etc .

Anyway, just introducing myself now and will read back and catch you all later, we are off to DD's appointment at the family health clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Babyplease - any news, did you POAS again??? My fingers are crossed for you hun .

Micca - I can wait to get bubs room all set up properly, but all the big ticket items (pram, car seat, cot etc) are still on layby, wont have them for a few weeks yet. I have already got a mirror for the car so I can see bubs when Im driving, just hope I dont get too distracted staring at her and not the road !
    I hope you have caught up on some sleep.
    Great that you found the same donor, have you decided if you will purchase some more of his sperm?

Blue - AF comes on time. Have fun in NZ. I really hope the team of FS's have been able to come up with a protocol that works for you hun.

Babylove - welcome. Im sorry about your anxiety issues hun, but I do hope that IVF can help make your baby dreams come true.

Waitingfordaisy - welcome. All the best with your cycle and the lead up too. Im so sorry about your horrible experience, thats so very sad.

Kismet - welcome back. Lovely to see your trying again, I really hope you can give E a little brother or sister . Dont feel like your offending anyone, the yearn for another child is completely understandable, I think about it all the time and I havent even had this one yet!

AFM - hospital appointments today, I just hope Im not stuck there for 3 hours like last time .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone I hope your all well
    Baby please how are u going?
    Sugar how are u going with the gd?? I hope yr app goes well today
    Micca are u getting any sleep how's A doing?

Afm had my collection yesterday and only got 6 which is lower than what I normally get so a bit disappointed they just called to say that 5 fertilized and are looking good we are hoping for transfer on saturday so I have everything crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sugarberry - yes I went awol for awhile and lost track of this thread, but I'm making the time to try and catch up. I see you don't have long to go to meet your little girl, how exciting!

Leannep - that's still pretty good , great fert rate too. they all grow into nice ripe little embys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh sorry welcome back kismet nice to see you again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leeane - great fert rate! I get lots of eggs but none for freezing my fs days we need less eggs! So fingers crossed for u, hang in there little embies !

Kismet- welcome, don't feel guilty about having one, I have a ds but feel the pain of desp needing another. When are you starting?

Afm- no baby here, af arrived yest. So used to the disappointment now my goal now is to bleed HEAVILY gross eh? But thats a fair part of my problem we all think. Not heavy enuff. So far so good gross, I should pass out from blood loss soon. So will definitely cycle this next cycle, taking some chinese herbs to make my blood move :what:

Thanks
    Reviews
    And doing the clorado protocol , so im watching you Leeane!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leanne...great news on your Fert rate.... that is just a fabulous rate. now the nervous wait for your blasts. my fingers are crossed

Kismet...welcome back... so glad to hear that you are giving it a go again... it will be you and me Babe...the crusty ivf chics...lol... Ill be 44 this year..eek. I so understand on the cost of sperm.. Ive just tracked down some of the same donor as DD in the states and now have to find out how the process works to get it to QFG in queensland. I paid $960 for one vial for arabella...

dees.
    ... how is your pregnancy going???? let us know..

Baby..sorry that your AI did not work... better have some bubbles and chocolate for therapy... sounds like there will be a lot of us cycling in the next few months.

sugar...yay for the big ticket items... I looked at DD all the time in the mirror...how I did not have an accident Ill never know I just could not take my eyes of her... I hope that the hospital appointments went well and bub is behaving herself.

nelle.
    .how are you going.... hope that you are feeling a little better...

waitingfor daisy.
    .. welcome to our thread... you have passed the first major step and that is seeing the FS...everything is go go go from now on... sounds like you have a game plan and that is really really great. It will be great to turn your life into the positive after all your negative experience. An this is where all our babies are immaculately conceived...so they are all so special..lol.

well I have finally an internet connnection.. mobile internet cacked it...so now how a nice wizz bang one.
    The sleepless nights continue.. 8 teeth coming through in 1 month... all I can say is treasure your sleep ladies.... Im up to 3 weeks of broken sleep and some days Im good and others Im a zombie... but I love DD to bits..

Im chugging through the ocp... and made my appointment for my baseline ultrasound today.. 2 weeks away... so not long to go at all and then hopefully it is game on... I have reserved some vials of sperm from the same donor as DD and just have to find out how to get it to the FS...I have the feeling that they have to pay for it and sort it out... I hope it all goes smoothly... I have to talk to the donor coordinator on thursday..fingers crossed.
    I will store them in the usa until end of march (if the cycle fails then get them sent) if it is a success then they will give me 50% back... so I figure that it is an acceptable risk and well worth it. Im hoping that I can piggy back the vials onto another QFG shippment and save on transport costs.

Other than that chugging along.. not feeling particually hopeful for this FET... just cant get motivated... it would be nice if it works but at the same time I would really love a donor matched sibling for DD... I would even consider doing a fresh cycle if the sperm would get here in time... but I dont think that that will happen at all.... might ask anyway on thurs.

off to have dinner...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Just thought I'd pop in for a quick catchup. Welcome to our new ladies you will find this a great group of ladies all very supportive.

AFM - have passed the 18 week mark with flying colours. My morph scan is next week and I'm very excited about finding out the sex of bump. I still say blue baby but we will wait and see. The week after is my next GTT but have a feeling I will be having my test early as this past week have been having heaps of dizzy spells and light headedness. Also my heart seems to be racing like 2 race horses!!! Would have gone to the hospital tonight but they didn't have a bed for me!!! Could be anemia or diabetes or could be nothing the joys of being pregnant!!!

Sorry if this is TMI but lately I have been VERY horny it's getting beyond a joke my body seems to have a life all of it's own!! I have a 'special' friend and I think I've just about worn him out lol.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO YOU ALL

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought this was very interesting for the importance of vit D check out the aricle on vitamin D levels and early pregnancy

http://www.6minutes.com.au/getmedia/...M&utm_content=