Closed Thread
Page 95 of 150 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gosh, its really hard posting on this thread at the moment, we are all so sad and grieving for Wish.....

I will have a go with some personals.....

Wish - hunny, think about you daily. Many many hugs to you xo.

BlueAngel - yay tha AF arrived and your on the go again ! A trip to NZ sounds great.

Micca - I wasnt going to get a change table, just to save money, but a couple of my friends said they would buy one for me, so Im not going to say no . What sort of nappy bin do you use? I hope Brissie is treating you well, enjoy those icecreams .

Dees - I hope your going ok, have you had your NT scan yet?

AFM - I survived my days at the tennis, Tuesday was so so hot, it was really hard sitting there all day, luckily I was in the shade on Rod Laver Arena, but still so so hot!
    I had a great day of shopping yesterday! I was in Baby Bunting for over 2 hours though as I couldnt decide on the pram , I walked in thinking it would be the Baby Jogger City Select, but ended up getting the Mamas & Papas Urbo and the bassinet for it too. I decided in the end that I as I really didnt need a double pram I would go with one lighter and a little smaller, plus it was cheaper too. I really like it, although today I was eyeing off all of the City Selects at the shopping centre . I also put a Boori cot on layby, it was great as they had a deal on where the mattress was free, saved $150.00 there!
    I hit Target too for the Babython sale and picked up some gorgeous little outfits, that was of course when I almost fainted in the store due to my lack of drinking water that day, slightly embarassing moment there, but the staff were great, got me chair to sit on and some lovely cold water.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarBerry For This Useful Post:

wishmeluck  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    dearest wish... such a traumatic horrible thing to go through but I am glad that the hospital was so great and was able to do all these things for you. That is truely amazing and shows such a high level of compassion. I hope that this helps you grieve and move forward. Big hugs... and I am always thinking of you...xxxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

wishmeluck  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    sugar...great shopping... Ive got a baby jogger city elite..with bassinette and loved in. Now as arabella is bigger I also have the baby jogger city mini.. which is fab for trips shopping and travel as it is so light and folds down to nothing..
    I have a boori cot... cant go wrong there... my hint on clothes... go to toys r us they have a lot of oshkosh stuff on sale.. long sleeved onsies etc and the fabric washes well and keeps it shape.. out of all the brands I love oshkosh and carters... I found that the target stuff is variable.. some cotton is great and some goes out of shape with the first wash,,, my biggest advice is keep all the tags on and receipts.. as you will probably end up returning a bit... It was amazing how much I bought on an emotional winsey and then ended up taking it back. Oh baby towels... waste of money... get a nice adult fluffy towel... my favourite are the dryglo ones.. and make sure you get a video baby monitor..the best money I have ever spent.. and a wool underlay for the cot... ooh and ikea has the most fabulous nightlights... ok got to stop now...getting carried away.. if you want to know what is useful just PM me.

Leanne...woohoo for starting cycling again... that this works for you...

Dees... go the bean.... grow and grow... are you beginning to get a little bump yet??

nellie
    ..how is the tiredness going? has it dropped down a notch or are you still struggling...it must be hard with DD requiring attention as well..

blue..woohoo for AF...

enjoying my mini break in the GC... weather great and lots of sun... walked and did a bit of shopping today... tomorrow want to go for a swim.. still have not got to the beach yet..lol.. and it is only about a 10min walk away and I can see it...lol..
    next cycle getting closer..if AF turns up next week I will be taking the drugs again..woohoo... then back to the GC for transfer early Feb... work are being great and really helping with days off... love them for that..of course no work no pay...always a bummer...
    have a lovely weekend ladies...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone,
    Sorry I haven't been around... I have been following the emails of posts. Today's my first day of feeling relatively human after 7 weeks of morning / noon / night sickness. It's most likely because I started maxolon yesterday. I was trying to do it med free as I'm on holidays but enough's enough and I have to get ready to go back to work soon.

Went to see the OB on Thursday and he did a quick scan (9 weeks and 6 days). It was totally cool to see the little legs kicking around furiously...shame it just looks like a blur on the pic. Blood tests next week as a part of the NT scan/ test and the actual scan is Feb 6th...so fingers crossed.

I've started rearranging rooms so bubs has the best one and trying to declutter and sort through all that 'valuable' junk which I believes breeds on its own. Target have their baby bumper sale on at the moment and I don't want to go as I think it will jinx things...I keep saying I'll wait until...now it's until after the results of the NT scan... I know people who have gone out and almost completed their shopping within days of a positive test... I want to be excited (and I am) I just want to know things are okay.

Is this normal / usual / common?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls I too am having a short holiday have driven up to bright in Vic for a few days with my great friends Now don't laugh girls but I know you will I already have two prams ones a city select and a city Minni yeah I know I'm not even pregnant!! I bought them from the USA as the city select only cost me $500 and Sugar I love the urbo so seriously considering selling my city select to buy the urbo!!! Yes you don't know me but I'm a compulsive shopper I have so much baby stuff my friends that know what I'm doing keep laughing me

Thanks
    Reviews
    41 hope- very common! I just couldn't bring myself to buy anything for ds many years ago, so scared of jinxing, but then there are so many little pleasures left in life!

Go buy a couple of things
    )

Thanks
    Reviews
    41... I know how you feel... I felt the same way with DD. I just did endless research on prams etc... check out productreview.com.au great for reading up about cots, prams and carseats. Once my 20 week scan had the allclear there was no holding me back... I think I went and bought the pram carseat playpen, blankets straight after the scan..lol.... My advice is to choose your pram and buy it around 20-25weeks as sometimes there can be a 3 month + wait for it... my bassinette for the city elite took 6 months to come. oh and I would not worry about the babython sale...target seems to have this every few months.... so you will have the opportunity soon... If you have a trade secret near you..they are fabulous for baby stuff..I have bought most of my stuff there... and get on the babies r us mailing list..they send out sales info and occassionally a 20% off coupon for anything in store.

Leanne... you crack me up... Ive a city mini and soooo love it. But every mother that has the select raves about it...so I would keep it try it and then sell it if you dont like it. I have my rolls royce pram as well.. the city elite..which I love and arabella sleeps well in it. I had a nice little stash of baby stuff before I got pregnant..things I had picked up overseas here and there.

on the last day of my mini break... leave tomorrow... had a nice breakie at a surf club a swim in the pool and pleasant day. so not wanting to go to work on tuesday. Trying to gestimate dates for the next cycle... got to think about days off work.. this cycle I think will not cooperate with days off ...so I might have to take some off.'
    Anyway taking it easy..

Thanks
    Reviews
    41Hope - i waited til i was 13 weeks before i bought anything so far i have bought 2 all-in-one suits and thats it!!!! and the other day i bought the exact bath/change table ive had my eye on for ages 2nd hand for $50 bucks instead of $250 new so im pretty pleased with that.

Am researching prams at the moment - am leaning towards the strider plus just incase i decide on having no 3 (if donor is happy to donate again). have looked at the city select looks quite good but have read some not so good reviews and the cost hear in OZ is ridiculous so the strider is still my front runner even though it is a little wide and a bit heavy. My 20 week scan is book for feb 22 which is will actually only be 19wks so will know sex then hopefully and i will go out and layby pram. Going to get the capsule to go with the strider at this stage as will make things easier having a winter baby in rainy tassie its a long stretch from the car to my back door in the rain!!

I went to the target sale and laybyed a bouncer, some bottles and a few outfits both for boys and girls that were just too cute to miss out on will take back whatever flavour i dont require. I still say im having a boy but im sure that i'll also be wrong or wont beable to find out until really late!! Will just have to save my pennies!

Hope everyone is well and enjoying this fine weekend. I have to get organised for work unfortunately!! to u all!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca - I will have to check out Toys r Us. I have bought so many outfits, and was thinking I would return some, but then I look at them and its just all so cute, so cant take them back ! Thanks for all the tips too. Enjoy your last day of holiday .

Hope - so cute about bubs on the scan, good your feeling a little better too, I was pretty lucky and didnt really get any morning sickness.
    I still worry about jinxing things, I was hesitating getting a pram/cot/carseat now, was going to wait until about 30w, but decided to just get out there and get them! Well, havent got the carseat yet, will probably do that tomorrow .

Leanne - I think its great you got the prams so cheap! I didnt buy any big items, but did have a few little outfits I bought when I first started IVF, but in the back of my mind, I knew I could always give them away as pressies if things didnt work out.
    Im still umming and ahhing over the pram, even though the Urbo is now on layby I cant stop thinking about the City Select ! Im going back to baby bunting tomorrow to layby a carseat, so will probably have another play with the prams......

Nelle - I was going to get the Strider Plus 4, but its just too wide and bulky, I do love the look of it though, such a nice looking pram.

AFM - tomorrow is my last day of holidays, so Im off to buy a car seat while its still on sale at baby bunting, before that Im going to look at 3 child care centres, they all have 12 month wait lists so I have to put my name down now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone

wish - I am so glad that the hospital and the ward that you were on were able to do so much for you, giving you the opportunity to spend some time with your little girl. It breaks my heart that you've had to go through this - I am so glad that you had support and so much compassionate care. I hope that you continue to get support as you are, I'm sure, still going through a really tough patch. Sending you support... love and

Sugar - Congrats on the baby shopping... sounds like you are getting things well and truely organised. Hope things went well at the child care centres that you visited today.

hope - How fabulous to see bubs kicking around. Hope that the meds keep the morning sickness away.

micca - how is that mini break going? I hope you manage to get to the beach before you head home!

Leanne - congrats on getting the prams so cheap.... I have been checking out prams etc online and obviously when I'm out and about. Haven't brought anything yet as I guess as much as I hoping that all this is going to work in the back of my mind I have some doubt.

AFM - Am feeling a little Ba Humbug at the moment. I knew that this wasn't going to be easy with the endo and really low AHM but I really didn't think that I would stump my FS as much as I have.
    This second cycle both Clomid and gonal-f were increased to try to get something happening. So now in only my second cycle I am pretty much the max clomid and am on the max gonal-f that you should be having (Clomid 200mg and gonal-f 450mg). Day 10 blood test on Saturday E2 630+... pretty impressive I thought, LH about 10 (I think).... Unfortunately however progesterone 15.6, which would indicate that I might have already ovulated . So have once again stumped the FS.
    Had a blood test this morning.... and also a scan at the FS rooms. No idea yet what the blood test results from today are however continue to stump the FS. No nice big plump follicles, really small actually - can't remember if they were around 3mm or if it was the lining that was 3mm.
    So result of the scan means that I have another 4 days of 450 gonal-f injections and then another scan really early Friday morning to see whats going on and FS will then discuss where to go from there.
    Unfortunately with already being on these high doses I haven't really got much room to move.
    Oh well sorry for the rant and poor me post ladies... It's raining and getting darker by the minute here in Brissy so will blame the downer post on this!
    Last edited by BlueAngel71; 23-01-2012 at 16:58.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueAngel71 For This Useful Post:

wishmeluck  (24-01-2012)