Closed Thread
Page 93 of 150 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dees - Im so sorry, I missed you post about your little bean last week! So glad to hear all ok , not long till your next scan, is this the NT scan? Im 26w this coming Sunday, starting to count down till I go on mat leave now .

Micca - your scan on Friday goes well. Little A is sounding very cute at the moment , is she walking yet? Hope you catch up on some sleep soon.

Wish - just more hugs to you both hun .

AFM - Had my OB appointment yesterday and my fundas is now measuring 5 weeks ahead !
    All else is ok, thyroid levels are still the same, so just BT before each appointment to check those.
    The OB said that bubs will be big, cant say how big at this stage, but guessing around 9p+ . She wouldnt send me off for a scan, as she said at this stage they wouldnt be 'treating' me any differently, but she will be recommending a scan at around the 30-32w stage to check the amount of amniotic fluid and size of bubs.
    I have to do the 2 hour GTT again in 3 weeks, and she said I only 'just' passed it last time (4 weeks ago) and seems to think I probably wont pass this time, so she has told me to stay pretty strict with my diet and eat like I have gestional diabetes; no more cakes, muffins, hot chips or lindt balls for me .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sugar

Just wondering if your DR gave you the actual results as a reading as i have found that the levels with which you have GD varies greatly between doctors. This intreges me cause i would have thought it would be standard country by country.

Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT) (More thorough test):
    • 2-hour fasting screening test on measured 75g glucose load
    • Gestational diabetes is diagnosed if fasting blood glucose is more than 5.5 mmol/L and/or 2-hour level is more than 8.0 mmol/L
    The above info was what my doctor passed along to me a few weeks ago. I had my GTT on tuesday and fully expect to go above this. Will ring for my results tomorrow.

The diabetes educator told me not to give up everything sweet but to pay close attention to the sugar levels on the back of the package. if the sugar levels are less the 10g per minimum serve of say 100g then its ok to have. Low GI food is good cause its means the energy you are having will last long in your system etc. If you have the test again and it is positive and you are put on insulin you will probably find that if you are good with what you eat, exercise etc bub will be very close to what she should be around birth. Bella was spot on even though her growth was about 5 weeks ahead when diagnosed.

Not looking forward to the injections if i have it again but we will do anything for a healthy baby!!

Wish - you and your baby girl are always in my thoughts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. Thank you for your wonderful love and support and hugs over the last week and a half. I've just been laying low trying to accept what has happened and to spend the final few days with my little girl. It has been the most difficult time. I only heard from the Hospital this morning and I'm due to go in on Monday morning where they will induce labour. I alternate between feeling very sad and numb and terrified of trying again. I'm trying to remember to take one step at a time and just get through this next week. I'm accepting that Monday is going to be awful but then maybe I will be able to say goodbye to my little girl and grieve properly after that. Hopefully they may be able to get some footprints. There's a place in the US that you can send a scan of the footprints to and they digitally engrave the footprints on a heart locket - that way I can keep her with me always.

I've been following along reading what you're up to just haven't had much energy to post.

Leanne - great news that they have found a potential reason for your past difficulties. Full steam ahead for you!

Sugar - so happy for you that you're trucking along nicely with your big bubba!

Micca - your IVF protocol sounds nauseating!! Good luck for this cycle.

Dees - good luck for your next scan. Sounding positive.

BabyPlease, Nelle, BlueAngel, 41Hope - Thanks for being there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wish god I wish we could fix it for you I'm so so sorry Hun and not sure what to say but were here for you if u need us xxx I also think the locket is a beautiful idea then you have a memory forever xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish - yes the locket is a great idea something to hold onto forever.

AFM - I got a big surprise from my dr this morning...... No gestational diabetes!!!!! My GTT results were the best I've ever had 5.1 fasting and 2hrs later 6.4 all normal WOOOHOOOO!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca good luck with scan today

Nellie great result on the diabetes bet your happy

Sugar omg hun that's going to be a big baby have you got your head around it yet?? Have u asked yr mum were you big?? Maybe it should be a question on the donor sheet "were you a big baby" what do you think?? Actually I have two girlfriends have big babies and they were fine

Afm I start sniffing on Sunday and I'm doing the Colorado protocol with some extras thrown in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish - I really cant imagine anything more horrible right now, its just such a horrible and sad situation. The footprints on the locket is such a beautiful idea, it will be such a special and wonderful keepsake for you. Your both always in my thoughts hun, the biggest hugs to both of you xo.

Nelle - thanks for all of the information! The OB did tell me what the numbers were, but I really cant remember, I think my final BT (after the 2 hours) was something like 6.3, but she did say that at the 1 hour BT it was over 8. Im hoping I pass when I have to do it again in a few weeks, but even if I dont I will still eat like I have GD, much healthier for us both. Well done on passing !! Do you have to do it again at 28w?

Leanne - I wasnt a big baby, around 7.5p, the OB actually asked if I knew how big the father was at birth, but obviously I have no idea. He is tall though, 6 foot 2, and yep, I think that questions should be added !! Go the sniffing!!

Micca - all the best for today.

AFM - last day of work, then I have a week off, whoo hoo!! Going to the tennis next week, hopefully I dont have to get up to pee too much .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sugar enjoy your holiday are u going away??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sugar - as I have had GD before I will have another GTT at around 20 weeks and again at 26-28 weeks

AFM - having a relaxing night at home before I start work at 9. have been very hormonal of late I tend to cry at the smallest of things and in the strangest of places too!!!! A good cry makes you feel better though. The nausea is pretty much gone provided I eat regularly and the fatigue isn't too bad as long as I don't overdo things!!!

Hope everyone is well - I enjoy reading what everyone is unto!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    wish..... just know that I think of you everyday and I know that you are in a very difficult place. just hugs and continuing supportive thoughts for you. I wish I lived closer.

Nelle.... work...YUK..lol.. glad that things are improving

Sugar..yay for a week off...woohoo.... Im sure you will be fine on the pee front..lol..

leanne..woohoo for starting your new wizz bang protocol...Im sure that this one will be the one..!!!!!!

Dees.... hows the bean going. I hope that your busy job has quietened a bit.

hi to everyone else ive missed

well uss went well with 2 nice follies... but the lining had only increased by 2mm to 8mm and my progesterone was high..like 8 ... so FS thinks I have had premature lutenisation and has cancelled the FET...sigh... so sad... I guess that the upside is it has cost me nothing... except time to ultrasounds and it means that I wont waste my embryos..... but it means another 4 week wait.. I have my airfare booked for weds and I have next monday off work..thinking about going up to the goldcoast anyway for 4 days and just enjoying the heat and water with DD.. and the grandparents... all it will cost is an airfare..and carparking.... so I will just wait for AF now...lets hope it comes on time....
    off to make dinner.... its been a long day...350km driving... DD was painful..as sick and teething and particually needy, and I am tired..so not a good combination