Closed Thread
Page 9 of 150 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wish - how frustrating for you!! When you want AF to hurry up she is always late, when we want her to come a day or two late, she always comes, arrgghhh!!! I really hope she arrives for you in the next day or two .

Im so relived that AF finally came for me, was really worried something else was wrong, scan booked for the 19th, so all goes smoothly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sugarberry, well she's here and an absolute doozy!! Not sure why she was late and am hoping it isn't a sign of things to come! . Yay for your AF visit and fingers crossed your scan next week looks brilliant!! Have a great day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish - yay!! so glad AF arrived for you! Now you can start your IVF journey, I hope its a short one for you sweets. When will you start jabbing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sugarberry!! I still have a little wait yet. My appt with the clinic where they go through everything and give me my paraphernalia won't be til 12 August. On the upside, I will have been on the DHEA 4 months at the end of August which will be roughly when I start jabbing ... I think. Fingers crossed!!! Can't wait to hear how your scan goes. I'm sooo excited for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not long for you then, August inst too far away!! I really hope the DHEA works wonders for you!!

Thanks for being excited for me, Im excited too, but nervous at the same time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Sugarberry

Just a few questions for you! I'm really struggling with the waiting. Now that Donor Daddy is available I want to get started. Financially and for DHEA reasons, waiting for late August will be the best option, but it's soooo hard! So, til then, I'm hoping to live vicariously through you!!

My questions are about your PCOS and ultrasounds before your first cycle. I was diagnosed with PCOS in my early 20s but after losing weight in my late 20s I have had no further sign of it since with cycles that are like clockwork. The past year they've varied a little but only by a few days here and there but still monthly. Do you know if I would still have PCOS or whether it is possible for it to go completely? Also, I've read about OHSS and particularly difficulties with PCOS, but not sure that really applies now that I have really low AMH (which is of course very unlike PCOS sufferers). Does this make any sense to you?

The second question was how soon before your first cycle did you have an ultrasound. I haven't had one for about 5 years and am terrified they'll wait til just before my first cycle and find a fibroid or huge cyst or something!

Anyway, I hope you've had a great weekend. I'm waiting until I start cycling before joining some other threads. This one seems to be quiet - but thank you so much for staying on board!

Roll on Tuesday for your scan!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Wish - it is quiet in here.........just the two of us....

I have my scan tomorrow, Im really hoping all will be ok and Im hoping FET will be this weekend sometime .

My PCOS is very mild, like you it seems to have disapated over the years (dont know why), I was diagnosed in my early 20's too, I have been on the pill for many years so never really noticed if my cycles were regular as the pill seemed to keep them fairly regular.
    When I saw the FS for the first time she did a scan and told me that my PCOS was very mild and it probably wouldnt be much of a factor in my treatment, but I also suffer from pretty bad endo which she thought would affect it and wouldnt let me do an IUI (which I wanted to do).
    So to answer your question, I had my first scan the first time I saw the FS which was a couple of months before I started my treatment. She did do another scan about a month before I started and found cyst on one of my ovaries which grew pretty quickly and as a result I didnt get any follies growing on that ovary . When you see your FS next I would defiantely ask for a scan , they will be able to see if your PCOS is still hanging around and how bad or not it is, Im not sure if it every completely goes away , but the severity can vary in people. A friend of mine has it very badly and just underwent a cycle and OHSS very badly, ended up in hospital, but she is 8 weeks pregnant now, one of the lucky ones .

Take care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sugarberry

Woo hoo - appt bought forward to 3 August so I can actually cycle in August now. I was going to wait for another month but I figure the DHEA will have been in my system for 14 weeks by then so worth a shot! It's always a balance between another month going by and waiting for the medication to work (if it is going to) but thought I'd better get started sooner rather than later. So ... I've now joined the August thread!

My appt is now 3/8 and all going well if AF arrives on time, I should start jabbing 8 August. I did ask about the ultrasound, and they said they aren't always necessary and if the FS thought I needed one, she would have ordered it when she saw me. So, I'll go with that and just hope I'm not growing anything in there I shouldn't be!!!

All the very best for tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish - thats fantastic news, yay!!!! Not long now, Im so very happy and excited for you sweets!!! I will have to follow you on the August thread .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone – I’m sorry I’ve been AWOL from BH these last few weeks, and I want to thank you all for your love and support, both in the forum and PMs. I’m sorry I haven’t replied sooner, I hope you’ll understand. I’m still grieving my loss of hope that I will have my own children. I can't quite believe it. In six short months I've gone from being told "you won't have any trouble getting pregnant" to "you're probably going through menopause."

I think I need more time to deal with it all, although other things have been getting in the way. First there was the bad news, then I had a short holiday, got sick, ended up in hospital last week and this week I started a new job. Plus my mother is having cancer treatment and suffering badly from the side effects. Needless to say I have been feeling totally overwhelmed and am no closer to thinking about a next step for me (ED) but I may get there.

I have been lurking occasionally and checking how everyone is – to those having good times and to those who aren’t. I will try to check back again soon.

and to all.