Closed Thread
Page 8 of 150 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jasmin - Thanks for the info. Always worth considering. I'm not sure how my Clinic would go with someone coming in at this stage. I had to sign a statutory declaration saying I was single and as they have their own sperm bank, I don't know how that would work. Anyway, I'm due to call the Clinic in a couple of weeks so will see what they say.

WishingHoping - How are you? I've been thinking of you so much this week wondering how you are getting on. Have you been able to speak with others who are going through the same thing you are? Or did you look at the Centre for Human Reproduction website? Did that help at all? Are you taking DHEA? Sorry for all the questions, but I just wish there was something that could be done!!

Sugarberry - Has AF arrived yet?? She's taking her time. Bloody relatives!

AFM - still drumming those fingers on the countertop and waiting it out. I have to call the Clinic again mid July to speak to the regular list coordinator to see if I'm in a different basket to everyone else. Not really sure how, but I'll take it if I can get it! I've now been on the DHEA for 2 months and thankfully have had no real side effects other than the first week with wicked headaches. My skin on my face is slightly oilier but amazingly my dermatitis has gone. Go DHEA!!!! I'm obviously hoping it's also rejuvenating the ovaries and kicking them back into gear. It will be very interesting to see what my hormone levels are when I start and whether they've improved. I'm still holding onto the hope that you just need one good egg!! to all!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jasmin - thanks for your message , I think its great that we have options available to us as single women and thank you for all the information you provided. For me, I prefer to use an unknown donor, I thought about it for a long time before starting IVF and I believe using an unknown donor was my best option. I was lucky that my donor provided lots of information that I can pass on to my bubba. My child will know from as early as possible where they came from and how generous their biological father was. There are some books and lots of help available these days, which Im grateful for, to help exlpain to the child where they have come from. But I really did appreciate all the information you provided .

Wish - nope, no AF for me.... still!!! Its getting frustrating now , almost 2 weeks late, Im going to phone FS today and ask if I can come in for a scan to see what is going on in there. I hope you get some good news when you call FC soon .

Wishing - I hope your doing ok hunny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sugarberry and WishingHoping

Just a quick update from me. I called the Clinic today and they have two donors available now... OMG - my time has come!! Am still waiting for their info and fingers crossed one of them is suitable!! I'll keep you posted. Also, I posted a thread on conception and dental health - well worth a read. I wasn't aware of the strong link!

Sugarberry has AF shown up yet??!!!

Wishing, still thinking about you and hope you're okay?

Babydust to everyone
    X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish - thats great news!! You must be excited!! I really hope one of them is suitable for you, . Let us know how you go hunny. I will have to find that thread you posted and have a read.

Wishing - hope your going ok , any more thoughts on the donor path?

Unfortunately, AF has not shown up!! Completely frustrated, but not much I can do I guess. It is 3 weeks late now, I spoke with FS last Friday and she told me to wait another week (this week) and then go in and see her, so I will be phoning again tomorrow if still no AF and making an appt for Monday or Tuesday next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for awhile but thought I'd pass on some info. When I chose my donor, which was from Monash IVF in Melbourne, the law was that children born from a donor could find out the identity of the donor once they turn 18, if the donor approved. I have recently found out this has now changed as the ITA (Infertility Treatment Authority) doesn't exist anymore, another group has taken over the donor register. The change is that if I wanted to I could find out who the donor is now if the donor approves. I haven't decided if I want to know, but it's good to know that if my daughter chooses that she wants to, she doesn't have to wait until she's 18.
    I chose the anonymous route bcs that was all that was available to me being infertile and was more simple to have help in finding a donor than trying to do all that myself, and I preferred I didn't know my donor bcs I personally know someone that knows their donor and it's caused alot of dramas despite all the agreements put in place. My DD will know from an early age about her conception. I have recently purchased a book for her to read when she's older called A Very Special Baby, it's a simple introductory story for children born with the help of a donor to a single mother, which is what I think is a good starting point to explain her conception. I have all the info on her donor that was provided which I plan on creating a type of scrap book about her donor daddy & her conception. I haven't quite worked out when to start telling her but it will most likely be when she's able to understand stories.

Wishmeluck - great news you may have a donor! It's exciting when you can get things rolling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kismet and Sugarberry

Thanks for the updates. Kismet that's really interesting to hear about the change. I have very similar views to you and intend to tell my baby WHEN he/she arrives that they were conceived in a special way etc. So great that they know the impact of kids in this process and have resources available to help us share the news and answer their questions!

Sugarberry - bloody hell - where is AF?! Please let me know how you get on with the FS. Hopefully though she'll arrive before your appt. Isn't that normally the way?! Maybe we can cycle together? Did you manage to find my threat on dental health and conception? I see it's probably buried beneath many others now, but I saw it on the news tonight too!

AFM I received info on the 2 donors. One of them pretty closely matches what I'm after so will gladly grab it with both hands. I appreciate that I'm not in a position to wait for the "ideal" and besides, who really knows what happens when all the genes get mixed up Hopefully, if there's any justice in this world, bubba will get my IQ and Donor Daddy's sporting and fitness abilities!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet - your right, the law has changed, when I was going through counselling, the counselor (spelling?) advised me of this change. I think its really good for this option to be available. I notcied that most of the donors I had to choose from did tick on the form that they are open to being contacted early. Im with you both, my bubs will know about its conception and its great, generous donor dad. Thanks for the book info Kismet, will definately be looking out for books when the time comes.

Wish - yay, you have a donor!!! Such exciting times ahead for you hunny!! If your happy with this donor and he matches most of your criteria then dont hesitate. You can proberbly join the August IVF thread now .
    I couldnt find that thread you mentioned, I looked but didnt find it.

Well, I had some light blood this morning, so Im REALLY hoping its AF arriving (please please!! ). It would be nice to cycle with you Wish, but Im really hoping AF is coming so I can do my FET this month .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sugarberry - Yay for aunt flo!! I hope this is the start of your next cycle and that July is the one for you!!! I'm hoping we don't even get a chance to cycle together!! I cut and paste the information I put on the thread. It's under Dental Health and Difficulty Conceiving in the Conception and TTC thread page but although it's been viewed 47 times, no one has replied so it's gotten buried in there. But if I was trying to conceive I'd want to know!!! So, here is the link especially for you

http://www.news.com.au/world/brush-f...-1226088616621"

AFM - Well I've contacted the Clinic this morning to say I'm all go and have chosen the Donor Daddy. Scary but exciting. So who knows, maybe end of August I'll be starting jabbing. Then I'll really know what that TWW is all about!

Have a terrific Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish - thats so exciting for you, August isnt too far away!! Once I had chosen my donor I got to start my cycle straight away, so I hope you get to aswell. Thanks for the link, that was interesting and something most of us proberbly dont even think about!!
    AF is actually here, full flow now, yay!! I really hope this little frostie sticks too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Sugarberry

I can't believe that now that ICSI is on the cards and Donor has been chosen, that AF is now nowhere to be seen! I'm 2 days overdue which is really uncommon for me. I'm hoping it's all the excitement of the past week and not a sign of anything else going on I could have had an earlier appointment with the Clinic in July, but am really wanting to give the DHEA it's full time and by keeping my appt for 12 August, I will have been on the DHEA 4 months exactly if I started ICSI at the start of my next cycle which would be late August. Maybe I'll be in the September thread now!!!

You must be getting so excited. Not long for you now.