Closed Thread
Page 6 of 150 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishmeluck - hi hope everything is going well I'm glad your mammogram is all clear. As much as I would not like to have one done I would feel better knowing everything is ok with the girls.
    Sugarberry - it's all starting to get close to starting again it's good that your in the July thread also, are you counting down the days or am I the only one.
    Wishinghoping - I hope you are feeling better now. I've heard that yoga is good for fertility and will help you relax. Looking forward to you joining sugarberry and myself in the July thread.
    AFM - I've been working 7 days a week to pay my parents back for my next cycle. I'll have next Saturday off and that will be my last until I do my next cycle. I'm going to take two weeks off to do my next cycle and sit around and do nothing. KISMET - I have a meditation cd one fir the morning and one for the night , I'll be doing these for the whole two weeks. So 28 days till I stop the pill and 33 till I start needles, am I the only one who is counting down to everything.
    Hope you are all having a good weekend, only three more hrs and I can finish work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
    Wishing - During my successful cycle I tride meditation for the first time ever in my life, something I had never thought I'd be interested in but I found it incredibly good for me, put me in a good head space. I just listened to a relaxation cd everyday when I got home from work and zoned out for about 1/2 an hour, it made such a difference & I did it after some recommendation from a fellow BHubber that believed it helped her too. It's hard not to get consumed by everything ivf, so if something can take your mind away from it even for a few minutes, it's healthy for you.
    Also this might sound airy fairy to some, it did to me in the beginning bcs I've never been into anything like this. I was teaching a bellydance class at a wellness centre just prior to my last cycle, one of the practitioners was a 'healer' and she offered to do a session on me, I thought why not, I was willing to try anything by that stage. It tought me how to meditate properly (no you don't have to do the omming) but it was also about letting go of the anger, hurt, disappointment and built up tension I was experiencing going thru all of this and many other things, it was like releasing all the negativity I had. I had to say goodbye to the losses I had (m/c's) to allow another soul to come thru. It was a pretty powerful session but I can't tell you how good I felt afterward. I was rather emotional but it needed to come out.

What I've just mentioned might not be everyone's cup of tea, but they do say stress plays a big part in how effective ivf is, or anything else in our lives for that matter. We need to treat ourselves well.

Anyway I have a tired little girl at my feet, must go.
    Thanks Kismet - I will definitely give the meditation a go, something I have been thinking of doing anyway. Can you recommend any particular CDs? I welcome "alternative" therapies and what they might bring to my life, so I'd be interested in following up with a "healer" - do you know what sort of healing she practised? I was thinking of giving kinesiology a go as well, along side the acu, yoga and meditation. I'm really pleased the healing and meditation brought you . for me and anyone else trying these as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wishing - Sorry I'm not sure exactly what it was that she practised, all I know is she was deeply spiritual and followed buddhism. I have 3 cds, the main one I listened to every day was Dr Gillian Ross - Relaxation Yoga Nidra (it's very simple); another was called Yoga Nidra by Terry Oldfield & Soraya Saraswati and one called Spirit Spa (this was what my acupunturist played at her sessions, I found it peaceful, it's just a flute playing & I think I found it at Target of all places). Sometimes I put these on when I was going to bed at night at very low volume when I struggled to get to sleep.
    I have always wanted to try kinesiology, I've heard it has great benefits, just never got there yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wishinghoping - I saw you in the July thread, its lovely that we might be cycling together . Its such a difficult decision, but I believe living with regret would be very hard and if you feel that later on in life you will have that regret, then it may be worth trying again; you never know, July just could be the month for you .

Kismet - great suggestion about the meditation, its always something Ive wanted to do but I never actually though of trying it with a CD - might have to give that a go too.

Dees - its great that can cycle together in July, lets hope it comes quickly! Im definately counting down the days too! Wow, working 7 days a week, thats full on, but definately for a very good reason.

Wish - I hope your doing well sweets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone!!! Public holiday today in Perth so thoroughly enjoying not being at work and being able to spend ridiculous amounts of time surfing BubHub!

Sugarberry and Dees - thanks for the hello. I'm doing fine, though am getting a tad frustrated with the waiting. I know I need to for the DHEA and donor and don't have much choice - but it's frustrating when you just want to get started! I have to say though, I am so excited for you both and for WishingHoping and your July cycles. It's so wonderful to be able to hear your experiences and know that when I finally get there I can grill you for advice! Although it would be terrific to be able to cycle together, I'm hoping that we don't get the chance and that July is successful for all of you! I'm due to call the Clinic in 2 weeks to see how far up "the list" I've moved. That should give me a better indication of when a donor may be available and when I'll start. By the end of August I would have been on the DHEA for 4 months so anytime after that I'm raring to go!

Just to make your mouth gape, I heard last week that a family friend is pregnant (naturally) .... at 51!!!! You can imagine their shock not to mention the complications that will come from it. She had long thought that her chances of being a Mum were over and in fact thought she'd probably gone through the change of life only to be surprised by a pregnancy. So surprises do happen and we can only marvel! Good luck to you all!
    Last edited by wishmeluck; 06-06-2011 at 14:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish - I hope you enjoyed your public holiday, there is one in Melbs this coming Monday, I cant wait!
    The waiting is completely frustrating!! I felt the same way at the start of the year, I just wanted to start and I feel the same now....come on July!! August isnt too far off though, I really hope you get to cycle then.
    Thats amazing about your friend , naturally pregnant at 51!! Wow, that would have been a shock! I really hope she and the baby will be ok.

to everyone else, I hope everyone is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there, thought I'd bump this thread to the top again. Just wondering how everyone is going with their waiting? I see there's an IVF thread for August now. SOOOO tempted to jump on. It will be fairly close for me - though more likely to be September. Holding out til next week when I can call the Clinic to see where I'm at on the list. That will give me a better idea. In the meantime keeping myself busy and for all of you June/July IVFers!!! BFPs for all of you!!! For those other than in WA, I hope you're having a wonderful long weekend!!
    Last edited by wishmeluck; 11-06-2011 at 22:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish – I hope you’re at the top of the list. I feel silly asking this, but what list are you on? Is it for the donor? I was lucky at the clinic I’m with - no waiting list.
    AFM – I started meditation this morning, not sure how I felt about it (mostly coz the floor was as hard as rocks and I couldn’t get comfy – also I felt like a d*ck walking to the studio with my blanky and pillow!! ) I finally managed to get to the bottom of my thyroid issues – Dr Google and I figured out (and Dr confirmed) that the iodine in Elevit was pushing me into psycholand. Hopefully now that I’ve stopped taking Elevit I will move quickly back into the normal range. Even if they get eggs, there is no way I could maintain a pregnancy with my thyroid levels as they are. I get back to normal soon (not just for my BMV or "baby making venture" as I call it, but because I generally feel ghastly at the moment). I’m also still sh*tting myself about July. Very very scared of another cancelled cycle.
    and to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    WishingHoping - had a good chuckle at your email. Mainly picturing you with your blanky and pillow heading to meditation Still, whatever works hey? I think we're all at the stage where we'll be willing to try most things. And yes the list I was referring to is the sperm donor list. They said to ring 2 months after I'd been on it to see how far up the list I'd moved. Fingers crossed somewhere nearer the top. I'm still only a month and a half into the DHEA though and want to be on it 4 months before I start to cycle so realistically that does mean late August. BUT, you know how exciting it was choosing your donor. At least when I can do that I'll feel like I'm moving ahead. As for sh*ting yourself about a cancelled cyle, ... I'm doing that just thinking about my first cycle - though it's obviously mixed with excitement too. Some days I seriously wonder what the hell I'm taking on but other days I look forward to it so much it almost hurts . Great news that you've sorted the thyroid issues out. I'm sure it'll be back to normal in no time and that you'll be ready to rock and roll. I need to get mine checked again as it was "borderline". I'm hoping if they correct it I might actually lose some weight!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there

Just wondering how everyone is going with their waiting. I called the Clinic today to see how far up the donor list I had moved. (OK, so technically my 2 months on the list isn't up til Friday but close enough!) Well, the message wasn't good. Only a few donors have been given out this past 2 months so I haven't moved up the list much at all The advice today was that it may still be another 6 months! I keep thinking as each month goes by - there goes another egg. And let's face it, with an AMH of 1.5 I don't have that many to go I was told to call again in another month so I can speak to the regular list coordinator as she has been on leave. There may be some ability for me to access a donor sooner - something about only needing ICSI quality sperm, and being unlikely to need to use the donor for a second child if I have a successful pregnancy. I'm not sure how that plays out but hopefully it will make a difference. I'm wishing that I lived in Qld so I could access overseas donors. If I lived in the Eastern States I'd be tempted to travel, but it's financially not viable for me to travel from Perth each time! I wonder if the donor coordinator is open to bribes?