Closed Thread
Page 50 of 150 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Leannep - I'm feeling strangely ok at the moment. Not worrying about anything. Maybe after the excitement of my BFP last time and subsequent doom, I've detached for the moment. I know closer to Monday I will be ready to POAS but at the moment cruising along. I have the odd little twinge of pain on the left and am hoping that's bubba burrowing in. I too had a massive headache yesterday and had to take panadol about 3am this morning. Let's hope it's a good sign for us!

Sugar - have a great holiday.

Micca - I hope you're feeling ok.

Nellie - Good luck for your TWW! Welcome to the club.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hystereoscopy went well... FS was lovely, said "the garden of eden" looked good..lol... so scratch and flush done. little crampy but all just about settled now. I just cant believe how lovely they all are at QFG... such a difference to my old FS who really was only about making $$..
    I also talked to the scientist about my embryos.... so I have 3 embryos... a 9 cell, 8cell both graded 4/5 and a 6 cell 3/5 ( 5/5 top quality) so the scientist was very happy with this he was also pro early transfer... so we will thaw them and then let them grow for 24hrs and then put back...so a day 4 transfer... bit of a compromise.. and do the assisted hatching (done after thaw). The scientist was lovely and really helped with how things would go. so now I just chill..pill pop and jab until next weds for USS check. Oh and of course the clinics theatres are at St Andrews building... got to be a good omen as it is my surname..lol..lol...
    Arabella had a great time with my mother...although she managed to have a huge vomit all over her..lol... and a few poos..lol.thats my girl...everything at once..lol.. She was happy to see me when I got home...but very content...so the first nana babysit went really well.

leanne.... the lipoidal flush is supposed to irritate the uterus a bit and increase levels of tissue necrosis factor which improve implantation chances. The uterine scratch sets up a sort of sticky surface for the embryos to be attached... the studies show that it can improve implantation significantly...of course it all depends on the quality of the eggs.

nelle.... good on the trying... have you protected yourself with a legal contract with john? there have been cases of contested custody with donors especially if something happens to you and they can claim paternity.. good luck on the 2ww.

Sugar....... glad you made it through accreditation... that process certainly is a hard one..thank goodness it is only every few years... enjoy your weekend off and relax... bond with that couch.

Wish........ hows the crazy train... are those POAS sticks calling to you...be strong..

Dees.
    ..... how are you going with your cycle?? when is your first uss??

well up from my nap...feeling good not in any pain.
    time for a cuppa and some chocolate I think.
    Last edited by micca; 27-10-2011 at 16:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    major internet troubles here! just posted a huge personals and seem to have lost them all! anyway before it crashes again, here is a list of vitamins from Micca from page 20 if anyone interested. she seems to have done heaps of work on this!

vitamins........
    *vit D 1000iu.... needed for implantation....evidence based
    *Zinc 50mg .... needed for cell coats on eggs.... evidence based
    *Vit C 1000mg, Vit E 1000iu, CoQ10 150-300mg.... antioxidants..improve egg quality
    vit B12 shot prior to cycle... improves egg quality...evidence based
    *Folic acid.. 400mcg-800mcg..improves egg quality- pregnancy multivitamin best source.
    *iodine... (blackmores i-folic) ... improves iodine levels... egg quality and cell quality
    fish oil... 4 capsules day... thins the blood improves perfusion to ovaries and uterus.
    evening primrose oil.. 4 capsules a day.. improves hormone balance
    royal jelly... improves egg growth... often get a more even follicle growth (stop after EPU)
    *Magnesium...500mg... essential for egg cell development
    wheat grass tabs... can help lower FSH
    spiralina... 3 tabs a day... a good source of minerals
    DHEA... if you are a poor responder or >37yrs.. 50-75mg day.. can order from america or get on script from a compounding pharmacy ($65 for 100 x25mg)
    Chinese herbs... can improve lining and eggs and aid in implantation
    Acupunture... weekly at least 2-3 months prior... and on the day of transfer..studies show it does improve success.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Culled for privacy
    Last edited by baby please; 13-11-2011 at 15:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening ladies this is my third attempt to post today so I will keep it short and sweet

YES I decided to make my baby the old fashioned way - only took me 4 months of emails and 3 coffee sessions to decide and then I almost changed my mind on 'O' day!!! we were both nervous and looking back I just about PMSL thinking about it!!! but you do what you have to do. I've given myself a time frame to try this way of about 6 months and then will move on to IVF if necessary.

as for the TWW I'm only 3dpo and already thinking about the poas madness but refuse to go buy anymore until at least 10dpo..... Or so I tell myself!!!!

we reached our agreement via email on what we both want for the future so we are both happy with that. life happens so it may chance in the future but the important parts will always stay they same - me 100% custody and no CS

am working at moment so will be back later in the evening when all goes quiet!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is certainly a busy little thread. Starbright I feel for you. Big Hugs and whatever else may help. The despair in this journey can be quite overwhelming sometimes.
    I'm currently taking 75mg daily of the DHEA (a LOT more expensive here) $390 for a 4 and a half month supply. Fortunately no real side effects for me.
    I'm also taking CoQ10, Spirulina, Royal Jelly and a pregnancy multi-vitamin. THe homeopath also has me on Molasses, Apple-cider vinegar and bee pollen. I'm nervous of the iodine because I have hypothyroism. Would the multi-vitamin cover the Vit D, C, Zinc, Magnesium etc? If it is the Omega 3 & 6 which does the work in the fish oil, I'd rather take Emu Oil instead as it also has Omega 9. Amazing stuff Emu Oil. I've been out of it for a few months now and spending so much on other therapies, I haven't thought to go buying more. I will though and add some Evening Primrose Oil as well. I remember it being touted as the "female oil". I've joined RSVP in the hope of some male attention rather than ego battering but we'll see. I've decided to look at East meets West as my next acupuncturist after the "IVF Support Centre" disaster so will definitely be adding acupuncture back into the mix.

Best wishes to everyone waiting. Nelle you are very brave, TB is my next option if IVF fails or I run out of money. Via the SMC forum I've seen a couple of co-parenting arrangements work really well too. It is beautiful stuff when that happens.
    Last edited by Net3811; 28-10-2011 at 18:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nellie - good to hear things have worked out with your donor and now your PUPO!! I hope all goes well for you.

Leanne - hope that headache has gone away. Not long now till your BT .

Micca - great to hear youve come through your marathon day! Sounds like your insides are all geared up for the embies to get cozy . Lovely that Arabella enjoyed herself with her Nana too, sounds like they had a fun, but messy day! Accreditation is such a horrid process, but, yes, thank goodness its only every few years.

Babyplease
    - Im thinking the 'bubbles' were just gas as I havent felt anymore . I hope you find a new donor soon and managed a glass of wine too.

Net - sounds like your stocked up on vitamins too!

Wish - hope your going well hun, not long till your BT either .

Dees - hope AF is being kind to you.

AFM - FINALLY have the internet working again at home, yay!! Its been horrible not having it for the past few weeks, but modem is all fixed now!! Had a great day off today, finally finished my tax return too, just in time! Heading off tomorrow morning for the weekend, so I hope you all have great ones. Will catch up again on Monday night !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sugar berry - the TWW sure tests your staying power

Net3811 - at times I don't know if brave is the right word!!! Some days I think I'm a few kangaroos short in the top paddock and other days I'm happy with the choices I've made.

Tonight am having some severe cramps/abdominal pain have had them on and off for couple of weeks am hoping that the endo hasn't cum back it's been less than 2 hrs since the last lot was removed. I had forgotten how bad the pain could b if it gets worse I might have to park my taxi for the night and take myself to the hospital.

And the journey continues........ So nice to have some travelling companions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Culled for privacy
    Last edited by baby please; 13-11-2011 at 15:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, sorry no time for personals tonight but I hope you have a wonderful weekend Nothing much happening at my end. Just trying to keep myself occupied so I don't think about the TWW! Weekends are the worst - especially if I have too much time on my hands! Will try not to POAS until at least Monday. That will be 7dpt5dt and even then probably too early! Good luck for everyone waiting, jabbing, sniffing, inserting ...!