Closed Thread
Page 30 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi my bh friends sorry i have been Mia but trying to keep myself busy as I think I'm going insane with the waiting I have my fs app today so I will see what he has say!! I don't know if he is aggressive or not with what he is doing??? God I wish I knew the answers!!
    Sorry for short post but I will read tonight and post hope your all well xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish - I hope you have tracked down your FS, I dont think thats professional at all that you cant even speak with her on the phone let alone get a response to an email, I wouldnt be happy at all either .

Babyplease - 11 follies is great, I would be wrapped with that ! I only got 5 all from one ovary as the other had a large cyst and didnt produce anything. EPU getting closer! Shame that the FC isnt open on Public Holidays though, mine was good like that, only closes for Xmas Day, Boxing Day and NY Day.

Micca - my belly has already popped out! Although its really bloating from the pessaries, but I certainly look pregnant and its hard to hide it at work, Im sure some people have guessed Im preggers, no one has said anything yet though which is good.
    Wow, your protocol is full on! Not long to go for you .

Leanne - I hope your FS appointment went well today.

AFM - had my 10w BT yesterday, wish I could find out something now from them, its still 2 weeks until my NT scan!
    Im a little grumpy today, feel like I could almost snap!! Ive been pretty happy and cruisy (except for my nervous freakouts of course!) up until today so I hope I go back to that tomorrow.
    What is the public holiday on Monday? Victoria doesnt have one unfortuantely .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Would appreciate your comments about feedback from my FS. I emailed the Clinic today and got a response from the Clinic who obviously phoned her. So, still no contact from her directly!!! Comments cut and pasted below.

You will never be sure if your body has rejected the embryo or it is in the area of unexplained where a pregnancy starts and then stops growing for what ever reason, Dr *** felt we are not wasting eggs and that using the prednisolone was not a good idea as it can cause hip problems, it would have been very unlikely that you ovulated as the trigger certainly controls this and if you had of ovulated this normally encourages all follicles to start to ovulate, not all follicles have eggs despite the blood levels being high, some eggs are immature as they do not grow at the same rate in size and when you try to aspirate the fluid the egg can stay behind, and not all eggs can be injected as they need to be mature as well.

Anyway, I can contact the clinic if I have further queries, but now feel like I may have annoyed the FS. Looking forward to my appt on 18 Oct so I can meet with her face to face and get more detailed answers. I feel also I'm stuck with needing to go through them as my sperm donor came from their sperm bank. Does anyone know what happens if I want to transfer Clinics?

Anyway, enough of the "me" post.

Sugar (grumpy pants) - I hope today got easier for you Remember, chocolate is the cure of all ills!!

Leannep - how did you go today? Good news from the FS? Doesn't help the waiting, but hopefully gives you some optimism for the next cycle. Look on the bright side - at least you got to see your FS!!!!

Baby Please - keep those follies growing and eggs maturing. Looking forward to hearing how you go at EPU!

Micca - My GP is just as conservative as my FS by the sounds of it and she wouldn't prescribe anything that wasn't sanctioned by my FS. Looks like unless I change clinics or find an FS in Perth who is willing to consider aggressive protocols, I'm at the mercy of my lovely FS, who likes to play it safe. Why isn't this easier??! Hopefully October will be our month and we won't have to worry about this merry-go-round any longer

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

baby please  (01-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    wish.......what the FS says is true... but I so dont like the way they dont talk to you...afterall you are the patient... very unprofessional My FS was like that and it really p1ssed me off (and changed clinics after my 3rd ivf)... I personally would change clinics if you can if not then ask for an aggressive protocol....
    as for the prednisone....very easily got... just go to one of those mega bulkbilling medical centres with 5min appointments and ask for a script for prednisone 5mg..as you take 10mg a day for ivf... they will give you one without batting an eye trust me on that...and I think the reason they dont give it is very weak and not medically strong.
    as for the sperm...hard one... I guess if you are really sure about the donor then you are locked in... but once you have embies you can move... there are other gals that have cycled in perth with the ?hollywood centre and they all think its pretty great...

sugar......those darn pregnancy hormones... mellow... kill someone..cry..lol all in a space of 10mins.. it will get better...

baby....... grow follies grow...not long to your EPU...

leanne...... hope the FS appointment went well today xx

well not much to report.... super busy day... acupuncture at lunchtime..love it.. then had 2 truck loads of compost delivered, plus lodged DD passport application...phew... and my lovely neighbour mowed my lawns and spread out the compost..wow love him.... I have to get him something as he looks after me... hes about 60 a retired engineer.... any ideas?? he does not like sweet things, or alchohol... Ive bought him scratches before...
    Anyway tomorrow is my friday..yay... so a nice restful weekend coming up and hopefully a few more things on my list to be crossed off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the feedback Micca. I may just head to another GP and see how I go with the prednisone. I'll keep you posted. How lovely for your neighbour to do that for you. Always hard to suggest what to buy for people you don't know. Will he get embarassed if you buy something for him? Just asking because I had a similar difficulty a few years ago and in the end, I ended up buying a goat. The couple I bought the goat for have absolutely everything (very wealthy) but they also have a social conscience. So I went onto the Oxfam website and bought a goat on their behalf, that is now helping a village in Indonesia. They were thrilled that it was a different gift and that it would have an ongoing impact on the lives of some others not so fortunate. They enjoyed telling their friends, that I bought them a goat as a thank you gift. They get a card saying what their gift has helped do. But you can buy all sorts of things depending how much you want to spend. A bit lift of centre, but I was excited to find something different. If you want something practical, maybe a coffee table book with engineering structures - famous bridges? Outdoor candles for the BBQ table with summer coming up? A small bonsai if he's into gardening which can keep him occupied? All I can think of at the moment. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies
    Wish it's dissapointing you can't speak to your fs how's your wait going anyway?? You did get a good result from your first cycle and remember October is the singles month and novermber too

Micca you sound like one busy lady so many jobs I hope your feeling good about your next cycle?? I love your neighbor that's priceless

Baby I have everything crossed for you that those follies ar e growing supper well

Sugar I hear you about the grummyness I wanted to cut someone's head off today and I don't have the excuse of being preggers and the hormones
    I hope you feel better tomorrow and I can't believe your 10 weeks that's great

Well as for me I had my fs app this morning and he is so nice I told him I need to do something a bit different this time I think it's just so I feel like it's all different!! I am going to use Luveris which is also know as LH which is a hormone that we produce naturally in humans but woman doing ivf can have reduced LH levels!! Baby you will love it but it's another injection each day nice!!!! So it al begins again soon just gotta wait for af bring her in soon please!!

Oh and wish not long till the big 40
    Last edited by Leannep; 27-09-2011 at 21:39. Reason: oh sorry LH is not the same as Luveris it's similar !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Culled for some privacy
    Last edited by baby please; 20-10-2011 at 21:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Culled for some privacy
    Last edited by baby please; 20-10-2011 at 21:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Baby Please

Congrats on the follies - all sounding good. I can't say for certain, but I think that I've heard that if your lining isn't how they would like it, they can go ahead with the egg pick up but will freeze your embryos for a later transfer so they don't waste the cycle. But hopefully you won't need this and you'll be where you need to be for Tuesday!!! Good luck - getting exciting now. I hope your headache goes soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Culled for some privacy
    Last edited by baby please; 20-10-2011 at 21:16.