Closed Thread
Page 3 of 150 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wish - I think Australia has a general shortage of donors, some clinics have a waiting list and some dont. Donors also get paid in the USA and we dont pay ours here which I think we should. There is always going to be more of a selection if you are able to go with USA donors. I would have definately chosen from the USA if I had the choice, so you should definately ask your FC if that is an option for you.
    I really hope the DHEA works wonders for you hunny . Have a great time in Melbs this week, try not to go too crazy shopping with your credit card , hard not to with all the great shops we have to offer!

Dees - it would have been great to choose an OS donor, I have looked on some of the USA sites and they give so much more information than I got with my donors. I did get a fair amount with the one I selected though as he wrote down a lot more information than some and he also wrote a really lovely message for the child which I found very sweet .
    I hope the accupuncture helps you with this cycle, I have thought about it too, but limited funds unfortunately, but I really hope it helps you.

Singlepregnantchick - congratulations on your pregnancy, may the next few months go wonderfully for you .

Kismet - thank you for all of the wonderful information you have provided. You went through so much over the 2 and half years, but you now have a gorgeous little girl. I have stalked your profile in the past and your other thread too (yes Im one of those thread stalkers! ) and I think your an amzing person and a wonderful mother.
    Thank you also for the information on the ANA Antibodies, I might mention that to my FS on Wednesday and see what she says. May I ask your advice if your reading - you mentioned asprin, do you think its ok to take that even if I havent been diagnosed with the ANA Antibodies? Do you know if its best to take prior to FET or do you start after it? This might be a silly question but is it just straight 'normal' asprin or baby asprin?

Hope - thanks for your lovely post and as always your support . All the best hunny for your FET tomorrow .

AFM - it happend on Friday , it started at work, not the best place to miscarry, but Im relieved its over now. I have an appointment with my FS on Wednesday to discuss my FET in June. I do have to have another BT on Tuesday as my HCG still wasnt back to 0 on Friday, but Im positive it will be by Tuesday. Im looking forward to moving on to my FET .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kismet

Yes Concept is in WA. Like everything else over here, we have to Wait Awhile! ha ha. I haven't heard anything about Concept using sperm from other clinics but will certainly be interested whether they would consider it, even if they aren't doing it now. I would be grateful if you have the opportunity to ask your clinic to see whether they do provide interstate! Maybe I should get you to choose my "sample", you obviously chose well!!

Sugarberry - I'm sorry to hear that Friday was a difficult day for you, but I know better things are just around the corner for you. I've read that baby aspirin is helpful, particularly if you're also taking DHEA. Baby aspirin is simply low dose aspirin or 100mg. I'm taking it already. I imagine though, like everything else, we're all individuals and there may be some reason why it may not be suitable for you. Best check with your FS and hopefully they can give you the answers you need

Dees, do you mind me asking what sort of costs are involved in using an OS donor? Please forgive me if that's too personal, just wondering if it will be viable for me. I'm also having to weigh up the costs of various options.
    Last edited by wishmeluck; 22-05-2011 at 22:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sugarberry - to you. Glad you are sounding positive about it all though. It's the low dose asprin you need, don't take any more than 100mg. I know plenty of people that take the low dose (or baby asprin) and swear by it. I used the cartia brand. It has the days on the packet so you know you haven't missed any. I was taking and jabbing so many things that I had to draw up a plan to make sure I didn't miss anything. I don't think it matters when you take it for an FET, but I'm not entirely sure about that, I would say at least a week beforehand. I took it prior to an EPU but had to stop a few days before it so I wouldn't bleed too much and then started it again 2 days after EPU when I started the clexane. I have a cousin that was instructed by her FS to take asprin for her last cycle and she was successful. I think it was an FET so I will ask her what she did.
    Also another tip is eat kiwi fruit, it's a natural blood thinner and lots of my BH friends including myself ate it during our cycles and there was a huge run of success, a coincidence I'm not sure but we are all advocates for it. I ate 1 or 2 everyday for ages right up until about my 10th week of pregnancy, by that stage I was over them and haven't touched them since.

It's funny when people mention they've stalked me . I quite often forget that people do that even though I do it myself. Thank you for your comments, it's touching.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

SugarBerry  (23-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishmeluck of course I don't mind you asking. It is alot more expensive than a Aussie donor my first donor cost me 1829.00 and the second one that I got last week was 1199.00 not to sure why it cost so much less? . It is exciting picking I like to pick someone different each time just in case I just wasn't compatible with them. But I'm feeling lucky this time as it's my 3rd full stim cycle. When I was married we done Ivf 10 yrs ago due to mfi , I just say he was a dud lol. How did you go today did you ask your clinic about overseas donors???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

I just though i'd say hello in here because i'm planning to go down the donor sperm path. I'm not quite at your stage yet becuase I have a few health issues that wold prevent me getting pregnant at the moment, but I can't wait until I can start TTCing! In reality it probably won't be for another couple of years, but started doing my research when I was pregnant with DS.

Wishmeluck - I am also in WA and from what i've researched and read, none of the fertility clinics over here will import sperm from America or interstate (or even within WA for that matter!). I haven't decided whether i'm going to go interstate for treatment yet (in order to get a wider range of sperm), primarily becuase it would become quite costly if it takes more than a few cycles. Such a hard decision to make! It's a shame we don't have more donors in Australia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dees - thanks so much for the information. It's always going to be a balance with cost, but in the scheme of things well worth saving up for. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Concept use international or interstate clinics as they have their own "bank". It just has a huge waiting list (ha ha)! Anyway, I'm waiting to have a call back to see if they're willing to consider it but somehow I doubt it. Here's hoping that one of the 3 I get to choose from is a close enough match to what I'm looking for Dees - I can feel your excitement!!!

Calin - welcome to our thread. I read somewhere that Hollywood Fertility Clinic have a deal with an overseas clinic. Maybe you could try there?

Have a great day everyone!!! Babydust galore

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish - thank you, Im hoping something good is not to far away too, for all of us! I think I will speak with my FS about the asprin and see what she says, even if she doesnt think I need it I might look into it more anyway - I want to give myself the best possible chance this time around.
    Im sorry that your clinic doesnt allow for o/s sperm, mine is the same. I really hope you find that one amazing one that you feel like you've 'clicked' with , its sounds strange but thats how I felt when I read through the profile of the one I choose. I had six to choose from and two of them were put aside straight away, more for the medical side of things, then I narrowed it down to 2, but I think all along from the start I knew which one I wanted. I only had 24 hours to decide, but made the choice before then.

Kismet - thanks for the information on the asprin, its something Im definately considering for this time. I will speak with my FS about it, but as I said to Wish, I think I will look into it even if she doesnt think I need it.
    I had read about the kiwi fruit too and even though Im not really a fan of those, I think I will try that aswell - I really want this one to work, so will try almost anything! Im sure I will want to see the back of them if I ate them for 10 weeks too!!
    Yes, Im definately one of your stalkers , I have looked at your gorgoeus daughter's pics and she is really cute and so well dressed . Thanks again for all of your advice, please keep poping in .

Dees - I really hope this cycle is the one for you, going through this so many times must be hard, but Im sure this cycle is going to bring you that BFP .

Calin - welcome and I hope your health improves quickly so you can start your IVF journey, all the best .
    Last edited by SugarBerry; 25-05-2011 at 10:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish - I'll definitely get onto Hollywood to see what the deal is there. I didn't realise they had a deal with an overseas clinic, so it could be promising! On a side note, I had a friend of mine go through Concept last year and she only had a six months wait until there was sperm available for her, so there is hope yet!

SugarBerry - Thanks! I'm really excited about the prospect of having another child, so i'll be over the moon when I finally get cleared by my doctors. In the mean time, at least I can build up an awesome newborn stash of goodies! Enjoy your kiwi fruit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sugarberry - I checked with my cousin, yes her pregnancy was a FET and her last embryo. She started the asprin, (took cardiprin, same as cartia I believe, both low dose) a month prior to her transfer, she stopped the day of her transfer but wasn't clear why. I think to minimise any bleeding perhaps during transfer, but in my opinion you need to continue on it afterwards until preg test. There is a Bhubber that took asprin after several cycles ie 15 or 16 and took it for her last 3 cycles, 2 of which resulted in pregnancies. I think there's a recent post about it somewhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening!

Calin - just confirming that Concept got back to me. They definitely don't have any relationship with international sperm donor clinics. Apparently WA has very stringent laws on this, but the laws are not so stringent in other states. When I asked why Hollywood be able to have a program (or at least that's what I'd read elsewhere on the net), the reply was that possibly because their main clinic is in Sydney and they handle this through that office first? Anyway, short answer, not available at Concept. Just wanted to update you.

Hope you're all having a great day.

PS Just wondering whether anyone else was sent for a mammogram by their FS before starting treatment. Apart from the truckload of blood tests and other screening, my FS advised that because of the use of hormones in IVF that it can sometimes bring out any lurking breast cancers. Apparently they are sensitive to the hormones that are being used. I have a mammogram next week. SO not looking forward to it!
    Last edited by wishmeluck; 24-05-2011 at 23:39.